Want subtitles on Cinema HD? Well, in today’s guide, we’ll discuss two ways you can add subtitles on Cinema HD i.e., adding in-built subtitles and external subtitles.
Yes, Cinema App has inbuilt subtitles support. It also has external subtitles support. Adding Subtitles to Cinema HD helps you understand and watch the content that is not in your native language.
Sometimes, having subtitles helps even if the content is in the English language and you are not used to hearing that particular accent. The English language itself has hundreds of different accents.
You can also customize the subtitles as per your liking. This guide covers everything you need to know about subtitles on Cinema APK.
How to Add Subtitles on Cinema HD
We are going to learn the two ways you can add subtitles within Cinema HD.
1. Add In-built Subtitles on Cinema HD
One of the best features of Cinema HD is that it comes with inbuilt subtitles support. It automatically fetches the subtitles from the web for you. The process is super easy. Here is what you need to do to add in-built subtitles on Cinema APK:
1. Open Cinema HD and play any title of your choice.
2. The default video player of Cinema HD has this CC icon as marked in the screenshot below. Click on it and wait for Cinema App to load the available subtitles.
3. To change the subtitle, you can click the subtitles icon at the top right corner.
4. Choose any other subtitle
How to Customize Subtitles on Cinema HD (in-built Player)
Cinema HD’s in-built(default) video player also lets you customize the subtitles as per your choice. You can change the size and the color of the subtitles text.
You can even change the subtitle language. It’s extremely useful if your native language isn’t English, which is the default subtitle language in Cinema.
Here is how you can customize the subtitles on Cinema APK:
1. Open the Cinema app and go to the Hamburger menu (3 lines icon) at the top left corner of the screen.
2. Next, go to Settings.
3. Find the SUBTITLE option and click it
4. You will see three options here.
To change the default language, click Choose default subtitle[en]. You have various languages to choose from.
For changing color, select Choose subtitle color. Choose any color and click OK
To change font size, click Subtitle Font Size
You can choose from small, medium, large and extra-large.
Once you have chosen your desired setting, the changes will automatically get applied universally within the app.
2. How to Add External Subtitles in Cinema HD
To add third-party or external subtitles within Cinema HD, we must switch to an external video player such as MX Player, VLC Media Player. Cinema HD’s in-built player is great but it doesn’t offer much flexibility. We recommend MX Player as it has a lot more features. Let’s learn to add subtitles on Cinema via MX Player and VLC Player.
Add Subtitles on Cinema HD with MX Player
With MX Player, you will be able to add any subtitles of your own choice within Cinema HD. Here are the steps:
1. First of all, download and install the MX Player following our guide: Install MX Player on FireStick & Android
2. Open any title on Cinema HD.
3. You will see the below options. Choose Open With.
Alternatively, you can set MX Player as the default video player by going to Settings > GENERAL > Choose default player > MX Player. That way whenever you play content, you will play in MX Player and you won’t have to choose each time. In that case, you can simply choose the Play with subtitles option directly and MX player will choose a subtitle for you automatically.
4. Choose MX Player.
5. When the video starts playing, click on the Vertical 3 dots icon at the top as shown in the below screenshot.
6. Choose Subtitle
7. Now, choose Online Subtitles (Note: If you have .srt file in your device’s storage, you can select Open to load that subtitle)
8. Click Search
9. Check the box next to Enter your search text.
10. Enter the name of the movie or the show name with season and episode number. After entering, click Next.
11. Click OK. It will automatically search for corresponding subtitles on opensubtitles.org.
12. When the search results for matching subtitles appear, simply select the subtitles of your choice and click Download. That’s it. Subtitles should appear on your screen now.
If subtitles are not in sync or are wrong, you can follow our guide: Fix Subtitles Not Working on Cinema HD
How to Customize Subtitles on Cinema HD (MX Player)
MX Player allows you to customize Subtitles as per your liking. There are a lot of features to play around with. You get much more control over the subtitles.
Let’s customize subtitles on Cinema APK using MX Player:
1. Once the subtitles have loaded, go to the Vertical 3 dots icon at the top right corner
2. Select Subtitle
3. Choose Settings
4. You will find 6 customization options:
- TEXT (you can change the color, background color, style, size, scale, and more from here)
There are various settings within each category. You can explore each one and tweak settings as per your liking.
Add Subtitles on Cinema HD with VLC Media Player
VLC Media Player is another great way to access external subtitles in your Cinema HD.
1. Set VLC Media Player as your default player within Cinema HD.
2. Play any content and choose the Play with subtitles option.
3. It will automatically search for the subtitle and play the content with the subtitle.
If you have a subtitles file (.srt) on your device, you can add that. Here’s how:
1. Click the subtitle option, choose Select subtitle file
2. Select the .srt file and the video will start streaming with subtitles.
If you follow the above methods, you will be able to add subtitles on Cinema HD using the in-built player and external players. The subtitles are indeed a useful feature of the Cinema App.
Besides that, you can also customize the subtitles by changing the color, size, and language of subtitles.
Feel free to drop a comment below if you have any other questions. We are happy to assist you!
Hi, I am Alyssa! I am a tech enthusiast and a blogger. I have been using Kodi and FireStick since 2016. I wanted to share my latest tech discoveries and knowledge with the World, which led me to start this blog in 2021. I post in-depth how-to guides for FireStick devices & Kodi in a way that is easy to understand for people of all ages. Thanks for stopping by!