Is your FireStick Remote not working? Or don’t want to type long URLs/search queries with the remote? We have a perfect solution for you that will solve both of your problems. And it is the official remote-control app for all Amazon FireStick & Fire TVs. I will demonstrate how you can install and use Amazon Fire TV App on your smartphones and tablets. This App is officially available on Android, iOS, and Fire Tablets.
Amazon Fire TV Remote App, also known as the FireStick Remote App, can be used to control your FireStick and Fire TV devices, just like the physical FireStick remote. It has all the buttons that are present on the physical remote. In fact, it has some extra useful features too that we will discuss in the next segment.
If for any reason, your physical remote is not working, or you have lost the remote, this app can instantly replace your remote.
Fix FireStick Remote Not Working
Note: The Amazon FireStick Remote App won’t be of any use when setting up your FireStick from scratch or after a Factory reset. You need the physical remote in such cases.
Benefits of Using the Amazon Fire TV App/ FireStick Remote App
Let me quickly list the benefits of using the Amazon Fire TV/ FireStick Remote App for you:
- It lets you use the mobile keypad to type into your FireStick, which is great for typing long texts
- It’s a great replacement for the physical remote when it stops working or is misplaced
- The app lets you launch your installed FireStick apps directly with a single tap, whereas with a physical remote, you need to navigate to the app to run it
- It supports Alexa voice control
- It allows you to navigate with a touchpad
How to Install Amazon Fire TV Remote App on Smartphone /Tablet
FireStick app is available on Google Play Store, Apple Store, and also Amazon App Store. Here’s where you can get it:
- Android: Amazon Fire TV App on Google Play Store
- iOS: Amazon Fire TV App on the App Store
- Kindle: Amazon Fire TV App on Amazon App Store
Installing the Fire TV Remote app is super simple. All you got to do is go to the App Store on your Smartphone/tablet and download it. Here’s how:
1. Go to your device’s app store
2. Simply search for the word Fire TV
3. Tap the app in the search results
4. Click Install
5. Wait for the app to download and install
6. Click Open when done
Pair the Fire TV App with FireStick/ Fire TV
Note: Your Fire TV device and the mobile device with the Fire TV Stick App must be on the same Wi-Fi network for the App to work.
This is how you pair your FireStick app with your FireStick/Fire TV:
1. Switch on your FireStick
2. Open the FireStick Remote App on your device. Wait for it to load up completely
3. You should see the App saying Looking for devices… It will now look for Fire TV devices in the same network
4. Shortly, you will see your device’s name on the screen, tap on it. For me, it’s Top’s Fire TV
5. On your FireStick TV screen, you will see this below Fire TV Remote App Connection Request with a 4-digit code
6. Now, on the Fire TV Remote app, enter the 4-digit code that you see on your TV
7. Wait for the FireStick app to pair up with the FireStick device
That’s it! The App can now be used as a remote control for the FireStick. This is how the App screen looks like after successful pairing.
💡Note: If the FireStick app is unable to find your device, you can click on +Set Up New Device and sign in to your Amazon account. The devices will pair up.
If you click More, you also see the below features:
The android users also get a mini remote on the notifications screen.
How to Use the Amazon Fire TV Remote App
Let’s find out how you can use the FireStick app as a remote controller and more.
1. Type into your FireStick TV screen Easily with the App
The biggest advantage of the Fire TV Remote App is that it allows you to use the mobile keypad to type into the TV. It makes your life much easier when you are trying to sideload apps or addons on Kodi.
All you need to do is open the keyboard icon on the top right and start typing.
Use this keyboard to type. Whatever you type here will also be typed on the TV
2. Navigate with the touchpad
Instead of the Navigation Ring and the Select/ Ok Button, you get a navigation touchpad on the App.
Here’s how you are going to use it:
To navigate horizontally, swipe left /right on the touchpad
To navigate vertically, swipe up /down on the touchpad
For opening the selected app or a feature within the app, simply tap on the touchpad once. It’s the same as the laptop touchpad.
3. Launch apps on FireStick directly using the FireStick App
Here’s how you can launch Apps from the FireStick app:
Tap the Apps icon in the top menu bar next to the keyboard icon.
You will see all your installed apps here. Tap on the app icon you would like to open.
4. Get Alexa Support/Use Search Feature
To access the Alexa feature, pull it down the Microphone Icon and hold it (pulled down). Now, give the voice command
💡Note: In some devices, you may just need to tap and hold the Microphone icon and give voice command
Tapping the microphone icon once opens up the Search feature
5. Access FireStick Settings /Sleep Feature
FireStick Settings can be easily accessed on the app. Here’ show:
1. On the upper-left side of the FireStick App, tap the Cog icon
2. Tap Settings to access the FireStick settings
If you’d like to put your FireStick to sleep, tap Sleep
Use other Control buttons
In the bottom part of the Fire TV Remote App, there are control buttons arranged in the same way you would find on your physical FireStick remote.
1st Row: Back , Home , Menu
2nd Row: Rewind, Play/Pause , Forward
The Amazon FireStick Remote App is a must-have for all users. This app is especially helpful when you are typing long texts. Do try this app if you haven’t already.
Should you have any queries, do drop them in the comments section below.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use my mobile as a FireStick remote?
Yes, the Fire TV Remote App can be used as the FireStick remote. In fact, the App has more useful features than the physical remote”
Can I use my iPhone as Firestick remote?
Yes, you can. The Fire TV App is available on iOS devices.
Can I connect the FireStick Remote app via Bluetooth?
No! For FireStick remote App to be connected to the FireStick, both the devices must be on the same Wi-Fi network.
Is FireStick Remote app free?
Yes, the FireStick Remote app is absolutely free to use.
Hi, I am Alyssa! I am a tech enthusiast and a blogger. I have been using Kodi and FireStick since 2016. I wanted to share my latest tech discoveries and knowledge with the World, which led me to start this blog in 2021. I post in-depth how-to guides for FireStick devices & Kodi in a way that is easy to understand for people of all ages. Thanks for stopping by!