At present, there are a whole host of websites that provide us with download-able APK files for various apps. One of them is APKTime. In today’s guide, you will learn the steps to install APKTime on FireStick and Android devices.
We will also demonstrate how you can use APKTime to sideload third-party apps on your device.
APKTime is the most popular platform for downloading wide-ranging APKs. There are practically thousands of APKs in various categories like Entertainment, Games, Sports, Animation, Essentials, and adult content.
To top it off, APKTime constantly adds new APK files every day. You can download APK files for free via this app/website.
How to Install APKTime on FireStick
You can get APKTime on FireStick by following the steps below:
1: Install the Downloader App
APKTime app can’t be found on the Amazon Appstore. Therefore, we are going to install it via the Downloader app. Let’s install the Downloader app:
1. From the home screen of FireStick, select Find
2. After that, click Search
3. Enter the word Downloader. As you type the first few letters, you should see search suggestions underneath. Select Downloader from there
4. Click Downloader tile
5. Click Get or Download
6. When the app installation is complete, click Open
7. On your first launch, you will need to give Downloader necessary permission by clicking Allow
8. When you see the Quick Start Guide, read it first or simply dismiss it by selecting OK
2: Enable Install Unknown Apps
Let’s move on to the second step. It is to enable Install unknown apps or Apps from unknown sources within FireStick settings. Here go the steps:
1. Return to the home screen and this time click the Gear Icon (Settings)
2. Click My Fire TV
3. From the subsequent set of options, choose Developer Options.
💡Note: Can’t find Developer Options? Go to: Settings > My Fire TV > About. Repeatedly select the first menu item 7 times. The message "No need, you are already a developer" will appear. Go back to the My Fire TV menu to find the newly revealed "Developer Options". Check out our guide with screenshots and video tutorial: How to Unhide/Reveal Developer Options.
4. Then, click Install unknown apps
Note: If you get the Apps from Unknown Sources option instead, click Apps from Unknown Sources > Turn On. Skip the next step.
5. Make sure there’s ON written below Downloader. If not, simply click once
3: Install APKTime on FireStick
We are at the last leg of the installation process. Let’s install APKTime on FireStick. Here are the steps:
1. Hold down the FireStick Remote’s Home Button for a few seconds. Then, click Apps
2. Launch the Downloader app by selecting its icon
3. When the Downloader app’s home screen loads, click where it says Enter a URL or search term
4. Enter the URL:
Note: Instead of the URL, you can also choose to enter the APKTime Downloader Code: 104478
5. The APK file will now download on your device
6. Click INSTALL
7. Wait as it installs
8. When installed, click DONE.
9. Click Delete to remove the APK file that’s no longer needed
10. Click Delete once more
You’ve successfully installed APKTime on Amazon FireStick.
How to use APKTime on FireStick
You need to allow app unknown installation for APKTime like we did for Downloader at the beginning.
Note: If your FireStick has the Apps from Unknown Sources option, you do not need to do this.
2. Click APKTime once to turn the option ON
Now with APKTime, you will be able to install other third-party apps easily. Let’s first open APKTime on FireStick:
Hold down the FireStick Remote’s Home Button for 5 seconds. Then, you will come across a menu on the screen, click Apps
After that, click the APKTime icon to launch it
Here is the home screen of APKTime on FireStick:
There are no complicated settings or menus in this app. On the home screen, you’ll find the following categories including NEW UPDATES, Top APKs, Android TV, Animation, Entertainment, Essentials, Fire Devices Only, Gaming, Kodi Builds, Kodi Fork, Live, Music, Non-English, Players n Browsers, Premium Services, Sport, Tools, XXX [ADULTS ONLY] (To access this ADULTS ONLY folder, you need a PIN for obvious reasons. The PIN is 6969) and more.
There’s a search icon in the top-right corner of the app, which can be used to look for apps.
Install APKs from APKTime
Installing APK via APKTime is rather a straightforward procedure. Here are the steps:
1. Go to any category of your choice. I have opened the Top APKs folder.
2. Now, choose the app you’d like to install. I am going for Filmplus
As you can see, they provide a brief description of the app and when it was last updated. It will let you know what the app is all about.
3. You can now click on Download
5. If you see this below prompt, give the APKTime app permission to access your device by clicking Allow
6. Wait until the file is downloaded
7. Once downloaded, choose INSTALL
8. Wait for the app to get installed
9. Click DONE or OPEN
Feel free to repeat this process and install more apps.
The installed apps will be available in your Installed apps folder.
Now that you know how to install and use APKTime on FireStick, you can install many useful apps. They are free and are available across the World.
APKTime has been around for a while and is reliable.
If you faced any issues installing or using APKTime, please comment down below so we can help you.
Hi, I am Alyssa! I am a tech enthusiast and a blogger. I have been using Kodi and FireStick since 2016. I wanted to share my latest tech discoveries and knowledge with the World, which led me to start this blog in 2021. I post in-depth how-to guides for FireStick devices & Kodi in a way that is easy to understand for people of all ages. Thanks for stopping by!