Today, I will assist you to install Aurora Store on FireStick. You may apply the same steps and install Aurora Store on other Fire TV products and Android devices.
Aurora Store is a very popular third-party application store that features thousands of useful applications. You may ask, do we need an alternative store when we have Amazon App Store for FireStick? The answer is Yes. There are many unique but useful apps that are yet not listed in Amazon Store. But these apps you may find on Aurora Store.
Be it utility, browser, entertainment, infotainment, or games- Aurora Store has all varieties of applications. It claims that all the apps featured in it are customizable and don’t collect any personal data. The interface of Aurora Store is also easy to handle and you can install any app from there with just a few clicks.
Aptoide TV is another app store which is similar to Aurora Store.
Note: For smoother navigation, we recommend using the Mouse Toggle application with Aurora Store.
Read our article on How to install Mouse Toggle to learn more.
How to install Aurora Store on FireStick
You just need to follow the below-mentioned steps to install Aurora Store on FireStick. Let’s not waste any time and check the steps:
1. Install Downloader App
For you to install Aurora Store, you have to download and install Downloader first so you can sideload it. This is needed to be done since you can’t find Aurora Store in Amazon App Store. Here are the steps to download Downloader:
Do check our main guide on How to Install Downloader on FireStick
1. Firstly, navigate to the middle Menu Panel where you can see Find.
2. Select Search which is right underneath Find.
3. Use the on-screen keyboard and type Downloader. From the suggestions below, click it.
4. Hit the Downloader icon.
5. Click Download/Get
6. Wait! Installation of Downloader will start.
7. Click Open when installing is complete.
8. Select Allow as we have to allow some access to Downloader.
9. Now to skip Quick Guide Start, click OK.
2. Turn ON Install Unknown Apps Feature
Since we are installing a third-party application, we have to make sure we have enabled Apps from Unknown Sources feature. Otherwise, we will not be able to install Aurora Store. Let us do it:
1. Go to the home-screen of FireStick. Select Settings from the middle menu panel.
2. Select My Fire TV
3. Open Developer Options.
4. Hit Install unknown apps
Note: You may find Apps from Unknown Sources option in place of Install unknown apps. Click it and after that hit Turn On. No need to follow the step-5.
5. Select Downloader for turning the ON option.
3. Install Aurora Store on FireStick
This brings us to the final step of the installation process of Aurora Store on FireStick. Check the steps below:
1. You have to select the Apps option. To find the option, hold down for 5 seconds the Home Button of FireStick remote.
2. Select Downloader from the apps list to open it.
3. From the homepage of Downloader, select URL box.
4. You have to type Aurora Store URL now:
(It’s the official website of Aurora Store )
Note: Instead of URL, you may also choose to enter the Downloader code for Aurora Store: 10350
5. In a few seconds, you will reach Aurora Store’s official website. Click DOWNLOADS
6. Click Stable.
Note: You can also click Nightly. Nightly is a daily auto-build version of Aurora Store with the latest dependencies and changes but yet to be tested for stability.
7. Now click on the newest version of Aurora Store APK. For example, we clicked AuroraStore_4.0.7.apk in our case.
8. Aurora Store APK downloading will start.
9. Select INSTALL after completion of the downloading process.
10. You have to wait now for complete installation.
11. Hit DONE.
12. Delete Aurora Store APK file by clicking Delete.
13. Again, hit Delete to reconfirm.
Now you can open Aurora Store and install new apps from there.
How to use Aurora Store on FireStick
To install APKs via Aurora Store, we must do the following:
Note: If your FireStick has the Apps from Unknown Sources option, you do not need to do this.
1. Navigate over to FireStick home screen and then go to Settings > My Fire TV > Developer Options > Install unknown apps
2. Click Aurora Store once to turn the option ON (like we did for Downloader App earlier)
After that, we can now open Aurora Store and use it to find many interesting apps. Let us first open Aurora Store:
1. Hold down the FireStick remote’s home button for a couple of seconds & click Apps.
2. For launching Aurora Store, click on its icon.
You will be asked to accept Aurora Store’s Terms of Services. Click on the small box to tick I have read the Aurora Store’s Terms of Services. Now, click ACCEPT.
A Welcome Page will open. Hit Next for skipping.
Select a suitable installer. We are selecting Session Installer here. Again hit Next to proceed.
Select any theme & hit Next. There are five themes currently available. These are System, Light, Dark, Pitch Black, and Dark-X.
Now, select any accent or keep the default accent and then hit Next.
To grant External Storage Access, External Storage Manager, and Installer Permission, click GRANT first and then
Finally, Click Finish.
Now login using Google or Anonymous. We do not recommend using your Google ID on a third-party app. Hence, we are choosing Anonymous
The Home Page of Aurora Store on FireStick looks like this:
Overview of Aurora Store:
The interface of Aurora Store is very user-friendly. This app has numerous useful apps on display for you to install. The Bottom Menu Panel of the homepage has three options – Apps, Games, and Updates. The Top Menu Panel has also three options- For You, Top Charts, and Categories.
The Updates section will show all the latest updates of all the installed apps on your device. The Categories section has different categorizations of applications listed in Aurora Store for easy accessibility. Some of the categories are Education, Entertainment, Finance, Business, Books & Reference, Lifestyle, Productivity, Tools, etc.
For You section has Popular Apps and also apps based on your Recent Activity. Top Charts section has also four categories of apps- Top Free, Top grossing, Trending, and Top Paid.
There is also a Search Icon somewhere near the bottom right corner. You can Search Apps and Games using the Search Icon.
At the extreme left top corner of the homepage, there is a Stylized Hamburger Menu option. It has My Apps & Games, Apps on Sale, Blacklist Manager, Spoof Manager, Downloads, Accounts, Settings, and About.
You can Blacklist any app on your FireStick with Blacklist Manager. You can spoof your device configuration and language to a desired one with Spoof Manager.
All the finished and progressing app downloads will be listed in Downloads. Manage your account in Accounts section.
Settings section has Filters, Installation, Customization, Downloads, Networking, and Updates. Filter apps, select installation method, change theme and accent, and a lot more in Settings section.
How to Install Any App from Aurora Store
Installing any app from Aurora Store is easy. Just use these simple steps:
1. Launch Aurora Store.
2. Either search for the app you want to install manually or locate the app by scrolling. You can also find the app easily from the Categories section.
3. Click the app you want to install. We chose VLC Player for this example.
4. Now, hit INSTALL.
5. You can see the download progress.
6. Click Install once the download is complete.
7. After installation, click OPEN to run the app.
Aurora Store is an open-source store app and has plenty of apps you can install on your FireStick. Though it is a wonderful app, you may find little difficulty during navigation with a remote. Hence, I suggest you use the Mouse Toggle application when using this app. The best part about this app is that you don’t need to root your FireStick device to use it unlike Google Play Store on Firestick.
Try Aurora Store! You won’t regret it.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are Aurora Apps Safe?
Aurora Store claims that all Aurora Apps are safe. But we still recommend you use a VPN to protect your privacy.
How do I get rid of an Aurora store?
You can uninstall or get rid of Aurora Store like you uninstall any other app from FireStick. Here are the steps:
- Click on the Gear icon on homepage of FireStick.
- Navigate to the Applications.
- Then, go to Manage Installed Applications.
- Find Aurora Store and click it.
- Choose Uninstall.
- Finally, click on Uninstall again to uninstall Aurora Store.
Hi, I am Alyssa! I am a tech enthusiast and a blogger. I have been using Kodi and FireStick since 2016. I wanted to share my latest tech discoveries and knowledge with the World, which led me to start this blog in 2021. I post in-depth how-to guides for FireStick devices & Kodi in a way that is easy to understand for people of all ages. Thanks for stopping by!