Having trouble using The Crew Addon? This article will outline how to tackle The Crew Kodi Addon not working problem including The Crew no stream available error.
All the solutions mentioned in this guide works on all Kodi-supported devices and can fix the problem in all Kodi versions.
The Crew is a brilliant Addon that deserves to be on your installed Kodi Addons list. It has a variety of content in its arsenal, be it Movies, TV Series, Live TV, and more.
But like any other Kodi addon, it sometimes stops functioning properly. So, why does The Crew Addon stops working?
The likeliest reason of The Crew Kodi Addon not working is ISP blocking The Crew addon. Other common ones are poor Internet connection, cache accumulation and geo-restricted content. So. how can you fix The Crew Addon not working on Kodi issue?
To by-pass the ISP blocking or throttling The Crew, you can use a reliable VPN. You can also reset The Crew Addon by clearing its data. This will also remove any cache build-up and return The Crew to its original state.
I have discussed all the possible causes and their solutions in this guide. Follow all the methods discussed below to get the solution you are looking for.
Why is The Crew Kodi Addon Not Working?
There can be various reasons that can result in The Crew Kodi Addon not working. Let us discuss below the most probable reasons that can lead to The Crew addon not working on Kodi.
- The Crew being blocked/throttled by ISP
- Content Restricted in your Geographical location
- Poor Internet Speed
- No Available Source links that are working
- Accumulation of The Crew Addon Cache
- Error due to Server
- Multiple apps running in your FireStick device background
- Low storage/RAM in your device
- Network bandwidth-hogging
- Some add-ons like Indigo can cause The Crew Kodi Addon not working problem
How to Solve The Crew Kodi Addon Not Working Problem
Barring the server error, all other The Crew Addon not working causes can be easily fixed. Let’s jump straight into the solutions:
1. Use a Trusted VPN to Fix The Crew addon Not Working Error
Sometimes Internet Service Providers intentionally throttle your internet speed to manage their network load. They also block certain streams that The Crew addon may be trying to fetch.
It’s also possible that some Contents are restricted in your country by the Government or your ISP. These can also lead to The Crew addon not working on Kodi.
The solution to such problem is that you use a trusted VPN while streaming content on The Crew. ExpressVPN works best with The Crew Addon. It will redirect all your network traffic to its secure tunnel, thereby bypassing geo-restrictions and ISP throttling/blocking.
ExpressVPN is currently offering 49% discount on their yearly plan. You also get 3 months extra absolutely free. They offer 30-Day money-back guarantee. Try it for 30 day. If you are not satisfied with the service, you can ask for a refund anytime within the 30-days.
Here’s how you can install & use ExpressVPN with Kodi:
1. First of all, Sign Up for ExpressVPN HERE
2. To install the ExpressVPN app on your device, click HERE. You can use the app on 5 devices simultaneously.
If you’d like to download the app on FireStick you’ll find the instructions below.
3. Sign in with your login credential that you created while signing up for ExpressVPN.
4. Click the Power Button to connect to a VPN server. That’s it! Anything you stream on this device will now be anonymous.
Steps to connect to ExpressVPN on FireStick:
These are the steps to install Kodi VPN on FireStick devices.
If you have any other streaming device, please go to its respective appstore and download the ExpressVPN app. ExpressVPN has dedicated app for nearly all devices.
1. Sign Up for ExpressVPN HERE, if you haven’t already.
2. Navigate to the Find Icon on your FireStick home screen.
3. Now, go to the Search option
4. Enter the word ExpressVPN using the onscreen keypad and select it from the Search results.
5. Now, click the ExpressVPN icon under Apps & Games section
6. Click on Get /Download and wait for it to install on your FireStick
7. Click Open to launch the ExpressVPN app
8. Enter your login credentials that you used when you registered for ExpressVPN. And click Sign In
9. Choose a server location of your choice and click the Power Icon to connect to the server. Try different server locations to see which one works.
Once connected, your IP address will change automatically. ISP won’t be able to block your streams now. Try streaming with The Crew now.
For the full review of ExpressVPN, check out our detailed ExpressVPN Review guide.
2. Ensure that you have a Stable and High-Speed Internet
If you don’t have a high-speed internet/WiFi connection, you are likely to face The Crew Kodi Addon not working problem. First of all, you should check your internet or Wifi speed.
There are many apps that you can use to check the internet speed on FireStick, for example, SpeedTest Ookla, Fast.com, SpeedSmart, etc. If you are using Kodi on a computer, you could use sites like Fast.com
But in our case, we will demonstrate how to do it with the Internet Speed Test App on FireStick. Below are the steps on how to install and use the Internet Speed Test App:
1. From FireStick main screen, click on Find >Search.
2. Type Speed Test and search for it.
3. Install Internet Speed Test App using the on-screen instructions.
4. Open the app and hit START TEST to test your internet speed.
Here are a few things that you can do if your Wi-Fi connection is poor today but it is generally good:
1. Restart your router.
2. Then, switch off your Kodi device and and then switch it on after a minute.
3. Turn off other devices using the Wi-fi for the time being.
Then, reopen The Crew after the connection is established. If still your internet speed isn’t improved, get in touch with your Internet Service Provider (ISP) to find out if they can fix the issue. If they are unable to provide you with fast internet, you should switch your ISP and get one with stable, high-speed internet.
3. Try Clearing Cache to Fix The Crew Kodi Addon Not Working Problem
Accumulation of cache on The Crew Kodi Addon over a period of time can reduce the storage space of low spec devices like FireStick. This can lead to app crashes, app slowdown, and buffering issues. Hence, it will hamper The Crew Addon performance and cause streaming errors.
To solve this problem, you should clear the cache of The Crew addon.
Below are the steps to Clear Cache on The Crew Kodi Addon:
1. Launch The Crew
2. Select Tools
3. Hit THE CREW: Clear Cache… option
4. Choose Yes
4. Clear Providers within The Crew Addon
If you have been using the Crew addon for some time now, you should also clear providers along with cache.
Below are the steps to Clear Providers on The Crew Kodi Addon:
1. Launch The Crew
2. Hit Tools option
3. Select THE CREW: Clear Providers option
4. Hit Yes option to confirm the clearing of Providers.
5. Clear Cache on Kodi
Build up of cache within the Kodi app can indirectly lead to the Crew not working problem. Hence, you should try clearing Kodi cache to see if the problem is rectified or not. Let’s learn how to clear cache in Kodi:
For in-depth knowledge, read our post on Clear Kodi Cache
1. Start FireStick and click Gear Icon (Settings) from its main screen.
2. Select Applications option.
3. Hit Manage Installed Applications.
4. Select Kodi from the installed add-ons list.
5. Hit Clear Cache option and clear the cache on Kodi.
6. Try Other Streaming Links
The Crew addon has multiple streaming links for the same content. Maybe the link you are choosing to watch the content is not working now.
It’s common to have dead links nowadays. In that case, you should try other available listed links to stream your content.
7. Integrate Real Debrid with The Crew Kodi Addon
Is Crew Kodi addon not working? This problem can occur if there are no Available free source links for the content you are trying to stream. Or all the free links listed are dead links because the developers didn’t update the links. If this is the case, you should try integrating Real Debrid with The Crew addon. Real Debrid links are mostly buffer-free and can offer HD resolution content.
You can integrate Real Debrid with The Crew Kodi Addon by following the below-mentioned steps:
For a better grasp, read our guide on How to set up Real Debrid with Kodi Addons
1. If you don’t have a Real Debrid account already, click HERE
2. Head to The Crew main screen and hit Tools option
3. Now, select RESOLVEURL: SETTINGS
4. Choose Universal Resolvers located on the left side of the screen. On the right, scroll down to the Real Debrid part and select (Re) Authorise My Account.
5. You will see an authorization code now.
6. Browse https://real-debrid.com/device from another device
7. Type the authorization code here and hit Continue
8. You will see a notification within a few seconds confirming the integration of Real Debrid with The Crew.
Now, reopen the content you are trying to watch. You will find Real Debrid links now.
8. Reset the Kodi App to Solve The Crew Kodi Addon Not Working Problem
If none of the solutions mentioned above work, you should consider resetting the Kodi app. It will remove any bug-infused data/cache of Kodi if present. Hence, it will ensure that Kodi goes back to its original default position and will solve The Crew Kodi Addon Not Working Problem. This is the procedure to reset Kodi:
1. From the middle Menu bar of FireStick main screen, select Gear (Settings) icon
2. Hit Applications
3. Choose Manage Installed Applications
4. You will find all the installed apps listed here. Select Kodi app
5. Click on Clear Data
6. Again, hit Clear Data when asked to confirm.
9. Optimize your WiFi for Smooth Streaming/Playback
Ensure that multiple applications are not hogging your network bandwidth. If you are streaming and also downloading at the same time or multiple devices are connected to your wifi, your device will face bandwidth hogs.
This can also cause The Crew Kodi Addon not working problem since it is not getting enough internet speed to stream effortlessly. In order to solve this problem, close any running background apps and disconnect other devices that you are not currently using.
You can also consider prioritizing your devices in your router’s settings.
10. Reinstall Kodi/ Reinstall the Crew Kodi Addon
It’s often the case that certain apps stop functioning properly due to bugs infused updates or other similar reasons. Kodi and its installed add-ons are no different. That’s why you should try uninstalling The Crew Addon on Kodi and then reinstall it and see if it solves your problem.
You can also go the extra mile by uninstalling & reinstalling Kodi app itself to ensure that all the other add-ons on Kodi including The Crew Addon also works well. After reinstalling Kodi, reinstall the add-ons you were using before to continue streaming.
11. Remove Add-ons that can Cause The Crew Kodi Addon to Misbehave
Indigo is an add-on used by Kodi users as a diagnostic and repair tool to solve buffering and crashing errors in Kodi. However, this add-on can cause The Crew addon to not work properly.
If you have Indigo addon installed in Kodi, you should try uninstalling it to solve The Crew Kodi Addon not working problem.
12. Enable Providers
The Crew addon doesn’t host any content. It only fetches content from different sources. Different Providers provide streaming links for content. But some streaming links for a particular content may stop working sometimes. Hence, if all the providers are not enabled, the content you want to watch will not play. Generally, all providers are enabled by default. But, if by any mistake some providers are disabled, you should consider enabling them.
Let’s learn how to check if all the providers are enabled or not:
1. Open Crew Addon. Choose Tools
2. Select SETTINGS: Providers
3. Select the Providers tab from the left panel. And, on the middle pane, ensure that all the listed providers are enabled. Once done, click OK on the right.
4. Similarly, select Real-Debrid Providers from the left panel and do the same.
5. Also, enable all the providers for the Torrent Providers section too.
13. Disable Auto Play feature
If Auto Play feature is enabled for The Crew addon, it will try to automatically play the next content when the current content stopped playing.
But what if the streaming link of the next content is broken or dead? The addon will get entangled in an endless loop. It will stop working till it finds a streaming link that is working.
To fix this kind of error, disable the auto play feature in The Crew addon. Let’s learn how to do it:
1. Launch The Crew addon. Choose Tools
2. You will see all The Crew addon settings. Hit SETTINGS: Playback.
3. Select the Playback option from the left side. And on the middle pane, find the Default action option. Ensure that the Default action is set to Directory. If it is set to Auto Play, use the arrow up/down to select Directory
4. Scroll down to the File Hosting Filters section. And also, ensure that SD Hosters in Auto Play option is disabled.
14. Use Alternative Kodi Addons
If The Crew Kodi Addon not working problem is caused due to Server error, you can’t do anything to fix it. Also, maybe the content you are trying to watch has no available source links that are working.
In such cases, you can either wait for The Crew addon developers to fix the problem or try a similar Kodi Addon that works almost the same and has a huge content database. There are many wonderful Kodi addons that you can install so that you can start streaming your favorite content. Some of them are The Oath, 4K addon, etc.
For the full list of Kodi addons, check out out Best Kodi Addons list
15. Try FireStick applications in place of Kodi
There is another entirely different option that you can try if you are facing The Crew addon not working on Kodi issue due to Server error. And it involves completely ditching the Kodi app.
In case you are not satisfied with other Kodi addons similar to the Crew Addon, you can try other FireStick applications for streaming. If you are using The Crew for watching movies and shows, you can try installing Cinema HD, FilmPlus, etc. And if you are using the Crew for live TV, you can try Live NetTV, HD Streamz, etc.
There are also quite a few apps that have both on-demand content and live TV streaming. They are UK Turks, Ocean Streamz, etc.
16. Fix The Crew Failed to Start/Launch
There are times when The Crew Kodi addon fails to launch or start. This error can occur if the app stops working for a while.
Usually, this error doesn’t occur that often. But if this error occurs, you have to wait till the developers fix the problem. However, you can always reboot the addon or reinstall it to see if the problem gets fixed.
17. The Crew Error Check the Log for More Information
The Crew addon log error occurs mainly because of bad or improper installation of the addon. Also, if there are any missing addon files of The Crew addon, this error occurs. But there can be other reasons for its cause.
Clear the cache of the Kodi application from your device. Then, reboot Kodi. It might solve your problem. But, if the problem persists, you should try checking the Kodi log file to see if the error is listed.
Hence, we will be able to find a more accurate solution by learning about the exact error.
I am going to be using an addon from the official Kodi repo for this. The addon is called Log Viewer for Kodi. Here’s how you can check Kodi log:
1. Go to Kodi Settings > Add-ons> Install from repository > Kodi Add-on repository > Program add-ons > Log Viewer for Kodi.
2. Hit the Install button
3. Open the addon and select Settings
4. Turn ON the Invert Log (most recent first) option. This way the the error logs are listed from the latest to the oldest.
You may also choose to turn ON option “Show log when an error occurs”. Then, Kodi will send error as notifications. You may turn it off anytime if you find it annoying.
5. Now open the Low Viewer for Kodi addon again and click the Show Log option.
6. Now all the error messages will be listed with time stamp.
18. Fix The Crew The Dependencies Could Not be Satisfied
The Crew Kodi addon uses Python dependencies in its code. It’s because it will help the addon to use special modules & functions in Python without manually importing it.
The Crew dependencies error occurs when the Crew addon tries updating to a new version. But the new version is trying to access a newer Python version than the already installed Python version in the Kodi app.
This error can be easily tackled by updating the Kodi application to its latest version. It’s because the latest Kodi version will already have the latest Python version and hence, you will not see any such errors.
💡To learn more about Kodi installation process, please read: How to Install Kodi
I am sure that you can easily solve The Crew Kodi Addon Not Working Problem after reading this article. Mostly, unavailable source links, Kodi add-on cache accumulation, and weak internet are the common causes that create such problems. Nonetheless, we have discussed all the probable causes and their solutions so that you can easily counteract the problem.
If you find any other difficulties while streaming content on The Crew, contact us so that we can assist you in mitigating the problem.
Hi, I am Alyssa! I am a tech enthusiast and a blogger. I have been using Kodi and FireStick since 2016. I wanted to share my latest tech discoveries and knowledge with the World, which led me to start this blog in 2021. I post in-depth how-to guides for FireStick devices & Kodi in a way that is easy to understand for people of all ages. Thanks for stopping by!