In today’s guide, you will learn how to install Kodi on FireStick. The instructions provided in this guide apply to nearly all devices and platforms such as Fire TVs, Windows, Linux, Android, Raspberry Pi, macOS, iOS, and tvOS.
If you are an Android user, you can install Kodi directly from the Google Play store.
Kodi is an open-source media player and entertainment hub. It was formerly known as XBMC or Xbox Media Center. Kodi has been around for nearly two decades. It still manages to be one of the top streaming apps on the market.
Kodi is a one-stop shop for all your entertainment needs. Whether you are looking to watch movies & TV shows, catch your favorite sporting event & Live TV channels or listen to music, Kodi is the app for you.
Additionally, it can play almost all types of digital media files from both local storage and the Internet.
However, Kodi does not provide any content of its own. As it’s open-source, Kodi allows the installation of third-party add-ons that will bring you access to all sorts of media content.
Want to update Kodi? HERE is our guide to update Kodi on any device.
Also Read: Is Kodi Safe & legal? Complete Truth
How to Install Kodi 19 Matrix on FireStick /Fire TV
Kodi is not a part of the Amazon App Store, therefore we need to side-load it onto our device. In this first method, we are going to use the Downloader app. I have divided this installation process into three segments. Please follow the steps:
Step- 1: Install the Downloader App
Downloader is available on the official Amazon store, therefore installing it is easy. Here’s what we need to do:
To learn more about Downloader, visit our guide on How to Sideload Apps on FireStick with Downloader app.
1. From the home screen of FireStick, go to Find
2. Click Search
3. Enter the word Downloader using the on-screen keyboard. Click Downloader from the quick suggestions.
4. After that, click Downloader
5. Click Get/Download
6. Downloader will now begin to install on your FireStick. Wait for the process to finish.
Step-2: Enable Install Unknown Apps Feature for Downloader App
Now we need to allow the Install Unknown Apps feature for the Downloader. Here are the steps you need to follow:
1. Go back to the FireStick home screen.
2. Click the Gear Icon
3. Click My Fire TV
4. Next, choose Developer Options.
5. Click Install unknown apps
6. Click on the Downloader app once to allow the install unknown apps feature for Downloader.
Step- 3: Install Kodi on FireStick via Downloader
Here are the steps to install Kodi on FireStick:
1. Open the Downloader app.
2. Click on the box with http://
3. Here, enter the URL given below:
(This is Kodi’s official website)
NOTE: Instead of the URL, you may also enter the Downloader Code for Kodi: 35625
4. Once you are redirected to the Kodi download page, choose Android under Select Your Platform
5. Click ARMV7A (32BIT)
6. Kodi APK should now download on FireStick
7. Click INSTALL
8. Wait for the process to finish
9. Once Installed, click DONE.
10. Click Delete
11. Next, click Delete again
How to Access Kodi on FireStick:
You may now start using Kodi. Follow the steps to access Kodi:
Hold down the FireStick Remote’s Home Button for a few seconds. Then, from the following options, click Apps
Click Kodi Icon
One the first launch, Kodi will seek permission to access your device. First, click continue
Then, click Allow
This the Kodi home screen:
Now, you can install Kodi add-ons or Kodi builds to access an unlimited pool of content such as movies, shows, sports, live channels, PPV, and more.
Method-2: How to Install Kodi 18.9 Leia on FireStick
The process is the same as method-1. But since the Kodi official website doesn’t have the older version of the app, we will show you how you can get any version of Kodi using this method.
Please follow the first two steps (Install the Downloader App and Enable Install Unknown Apps Feature for Downloader App) provided in the first method. Once you have done that, follow the below steps to install Kodi on FireStick via Unlinked:
1. Run Downloader and click the URL Box
2. Enter the Downloader Code: 33596
3. You will see the below screen saying that you will be redirected to http://mirrors.kodi.tv/releases/ shortly
4. Choose your device. Since I am installing it on FireStick, I am choosing Android
5. Then, click ARM
6. Choose the version that you wish to install. I am going for Kodi-18.9-Leia
7. Wait for the APK to download
8. Click INSTALL
9. Wait for the installation to end
10. Click DONE
11. Choose Delete to remove the APK file
12. Click Delete to confirm
Now, you can access Kodi from your installed apps.
Method-3: How to Install Kodi on FireStick via Unlinked
In this method, we will use Unlinked to install Kodi on FireStick. Unlinked is another popular sideloading tool for FireStick, however, it is not available in the Amazon App store. So, we will install it using the Downloader app that we installed in the first method. Then, enable Install Unknown Apps Feature for Downloader App. After that, follow the below steps:
For detailed guide, check How to install and use Unlinked
1. Launch the Downloader app and then, click on the box with http://
2. Enter the below URL:
(This is the official website of Unlinked)
Then, click Go
Alternatively, you can use Downloader code for Unlinked: 234753
3. Once the Unlinked website opens, click DOWNLOAD APK android
4. The Unlinked APK will now begin to download.
5. Click INSTALL
6. Wait for the app to install
7. Once installed, click DONE to delete the APK file, we don’t need it anymore.
8. Click Delete
9. Then, click Delete again to confirm
10. Now, launch the Unlinked app by going to Home> Apps >Unlinked.
11. Once Unlinked app loads, click where it says Add a new library
12. Press Select/OK button your remote.
13. Enter the Unlinked code: 67664537
Then, click Next
14. Click Enter
15. You will be able to see the files uploaded under the Unlinked code that you entered.
Scroll down to Everything Kodi category and then click it.
16. Click Download
17. Wait for the file to download
18. Click Install app
19. Then, click INSTALL
20. Wait for the app to install
21. Once installed, you may either click DONE or OPEN
You may start using Kodi now. You can access the app by going to Home > Apps > Kodi
Other Ways to Install Kodi on FireStick
You can use FileSycned, AppLinked and Aptoide TV to Kodi as well.
FileSynced works just like Unlinked. There are quite a few FileSynced Store Codes featuring Kodi APK. You can easily download it from there.
Check out our Best FileSycned Codes here.
AppLinked was the first FileLinked to emerge and become popular. You can easily install Kodi APK using the AppLinked Codes.
Check out our Best AppLinked Codes here.
3. Aptoide TV
Aptoide TV is a Google Play Store alternative for Fire Tv devices. You will find the Kodi app and many others in this appstore.
Installing Kodi on FireStick will allow you to unlock a whole new streaming World. You can install it on nearly every device imaginable. Now sit back and enjoy the innumerable streaming choices across genres.
If you have any questions, do reach out to us via the comments section below. We shall get back to you as soon as possible.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Kodi used for?
Kodi is much more than a streaming app. Besides streaming Movies, TV Shows, Live TV, etc., you can also use the app to organize your media and play any type of video files.
What can you watch on Kodi?
Kodi doesn’t host any media of its own. But you can install third-party add-ons that offer a diverse choice of content. There are practically thousands of third-party add-ons to choose from. With the help of these addons, you can stream TV shows, moves, Live TV channels, sports, music, and a lot more.
What’s the difference between a Kodi addon and a Kodi build?
Kodi Add-on offers a variety of streaming content, whereas Kodi Build comes with customized skin, a bundle of add-ons, and repositories.
Is Kodi legal?
Yes. Kodi is legal and has dedicated apps for almost all kinds of devices. However, using third-party Kodi addons to stream copyrighted media could be illegal. As a user, you must comply with the online streaming laws in your country. Check our our detailed guide on Is Kodi safe & legal to use?
Hi, I am Alyssa! I am a tech enthusiast and a blogger. I have been using Kodi and FireStick since 2016. I wanted to share my latest tech discoveries and knowledge with the World, which led me to start this blog in 2021. I post in-depth how-to guides for FireStick devices & Kodi in a way that is easy to understand for people of all ages. Thanks for stopping by!