In today’s post, I will help you install Mouse Toggle on FireStick. You will be able to follow the same steps for all other Fire TV products. If you are using an Android device, Mouse Toggle can be downloaded directly from the Google Play Store.
Have you ever installed a third-party app on FireStick and just could navigate the app with the remote? Well, you are not alone. It’s because some of those third-party Android apps were not actually designed for the TVs that work with remote controllers.
Those apps work perfectly fine on touch-screen devices. Why deprive ourselves of some amazing apps just because they are not compatible with remote-controlled devices like FireStick? Well, there is a way around it. What if I told you that you could use those apps on your big screen just with the help of a virtual mouse? Wouldn’t that be great? The app I am talking about is called Mouse Toggle.
With this app, you will be able to use your FireStick Remote as a Mouse. Let’s learn how you can install it on your device and also how to use it.
Mouse Toggle is included in our Best FireStick Apps list since it is one of the best utility apps for FireStick.
How to Install Mouse Toggle on FireStick
For your convenience, the process is divided into 3 parts. Please follow the steps to get Mouse Toggle App on FireStick:
1. Install Downloader App
Downloader is a useful app that allows you to install third-party apps to your FireStick. So, first, you must install this app from the App Store available in Amazon.
To dive deeper, please visit our comprehensive guide on How to Sideload Apps on the FireStick with Downloader app.
Follow the steps:
1. Go to Amazon FireStick’s home screen. Click Find on the main menu bar.
2. Click Search
3. Enter the word Downloader using the on-screen keyboard. Then, go ahead and select Downloader from the search suggestions.
4. Select Downloader icon under Apps and Games section.
5. Choose Get or Download
6. Once installed, click the Open button.
7. You will be asked to give the Downloader certain permissions. Click Allow
8. When the Quick Start window comes up, click OK
2. Turn ON Install Unknown Apps
Mouse Toggle is a third-party app. So, to install it, we need to enable installing apps from third-party sources. Follow the steps:
1. Once again come to the FireStick home screen. This time, click the Gear Icon on the menu bar
2. After that, click My Fire TV
3. Click Developer Options.
4. Choose Install unknown apps
Note: If you don’t see this option, then your interface is probably slightly different. In that case, click Apps from Unknown Sources > Turn On and then skip the next step.
5. Turn ON Downloader app
Your FireStick is now ready to sideload apps
3. Install Mouse Toggle on FireStick
Now, the final step is downloading and installing Mouse Toggle with Downloader. Here’s what you need to do:
1. Hold Down the Home Button of the FireStick Remote for 5 seconds. Click Apps
2. Run Downloader app from the list of installed apps
3. Click Enter a URL or Search Term on Downloader home page
4. Enter the following Downloader code for Mouse Toggle:
5. You will be briefly redirected to the AFTVnews site.
6. The APK file will download now
7. Click INSTALL.
8. Wait for Mouse Toggle to install.
9. Once finished, click DONE.
10. Click Delete. We are going to delete the APK file. It is not needed anymore
11. Click Delete once again.
Great! You have completed the installation of the Mouse Toggle on FireStick.
How to Use Mouse Toggle on FireStick
You can open Mouse Toggle on your Amazon FireStick device using the following steps:
1. You may hold down the Home Button of the FireStick Remote for approximately 5 seconds.
2. Select the Apps option
3. Open Mouse Toggle by clicking its app icon
Here is the Home screen of Mouse Toggle on FireStick:
Overview of Mouse Toggle App:
Normally, Enable the mouse service and Auto start the mouse service on device start-up options stay turned on by default. If they are not, please switch them on using the toggle switch next to them.
The first option is mandatory for Mouse Toggle to work. And the second option is quite useful as well if you want Mouse Toggle to start when you switch on your device. It’s worth bearing in mind that Mouse Toggle is a pretty lightweight app (2 MB), and keeping it turned on at all times will not affect your device’s performance even in the slightest.
If the mouse is enabled, you will see that the Status option at the bottom left corner of the screen will read started.
If it reads starting, simply click the ADB SETTINGS option in the Mouse Toggle App.
You will be taken to the FireStick Developer Options screen. Then, you will need to turn the ADB Debugging option OFF and then back ON. Now, come back to the Mouse Toggle app and check if the status has changed to started.
Now, let’s say if you have installed an app but you are unable to navigate the app with the remote. You have the Mouse Toggle app. But you do not see any mouse pointer on your TV screen. So, how do you get it?
To get the mouse pointer to show up on the screen, quickly press the Play/Pause Key on the FireStick remote twice. A mouse circle will appear on the screen.
Now, you will be able to use that mouse circle to click any tab on the menu.
How to Scroll Pages with the Mouse Toggle?
Here’s how you can scroll pages with Mouse Toggle:
Quickly press the Play/Pause Key on the FireStick remote twice to bring about the Mouse Toggle cursor on the FireStick screen
Now, again take your Remote and press the following buttons in the below-mentioned order:
- Down Button on the Navigation Circle
The cursor will become much bigger and faster. You will be able to scroll pages with it now.
With Mouse Toggle app on FireStick, you will be able to use the applications that are otherwise incompatible with the remote-controlled devices such as FireStick. It’s a lightweight app that is a must have utility app on FireStick in my opinion.
If you face any trouble installing or using the app, please drop us a comment below.
Hi, I am Alyssa! I am a tech enthusiast and a blogger. I have been using Kodi and FireStick since 2016. I wanted to share my latest tech discoveries and knowledge with the World, which led me to start this blog in 2021. I post in-depth how-to guides for FireStick devices & Kodi in a way that is easy to understand for people of all ages. Thanks for stopping by!