In this article, we will show you how you can install OLA TV on FireStick. These steps will work on all the Fire TV devices such as Fire TV Stick 4K, Fire TV Cube, etc., and also on android devices like NVIDIA Shield, Mi Box, and Android TV boxes.
|Supported Devices||Amazon FireStick, Android TV, Android Mobiles, Tablets, Chromecast with Google TV, Nvidia Shield, Roku, Mi TV Stick, TiVo Stream 4K|
|Type of App||Live TV|
|Content||Popular Channels from the USA, UK, Canada|
|External Video Player Support||Works with only KShaw & Ludio Player|
OLA TV is a live streaming application that allows you to streams more than 10000 TV channels. It has both local channels and national channels from many parts of the world including the USA, UK, India, Canada, and more.
This app also has alternative links for most of the channels so that you don’t have to worry about dead-links. It has a simple UI meaning users will find it easy to use and navigate.
OLA TV has some cons which hopefully will be rectified in the future. For example, it currently doesn’t have any in-built video player and requires two additional apps Ludio player & Kshaw to fully function. It doesn’t even support the popular media player, MX Player.
Nevertheless, OLA TV is still one of the best IPTV streaming app available right now and you should consider installing it. It is also included in our Best Live TV apps for FireStick list.
Update: Ola TV is not working currently.
How to Install OLA TV on FireStick
Please follow the complete step-by-step instructions below:
1: Install the Downloader App
OLA TV is not available on the Amazon AppStore; hence it needs to be sideloaded onto our FireStick. The first thing you need to do is get the Downloader app, which is arguably the most popular sideloading tool for Fire TV devices. Here’s what you got to do:
To find out more about Downloader, please check our comprehensive guide on How to Sideload Apps on the FireStick with Downloader app.
1. From the home page of your FireStick, navigate to the middle menu bar and choose Find
2. Go ahead and click the Search button
3. Use the on-screen keyboard to enter the word Downloader. Then, click on Downloader in the quick search results
4. Click on the Downloader app
5. Click Get or Download. (If it’s your very first-time installing Downloader, you would see the Get option)
6. The app should be installed in a few seconds and you would see the Open button. Now, move on to the next step.
2: Turn ON Install Unknown Apps Feature
Now, we need to turn ON Install Unknown apps and make the Downloader app for sideloading third-party apps. Here’s what we are going to do:
1. Click the Gear Icon (Settings) on the FireStick home screen.
2. Select My Fire TV
3. From the following options, click Developer Options.
💡Note: Can’t find Developer Options? Go to: Settings > My Fire TV > About. Repeatedly select the first menu item 7 times. The message "No need, you are already a developer" will appear. Go back to the My Fire TV menu to find the newly revealed "Developer Options". Check out our guide with screenshots and video tutorial: How to Unhide/Reveal Developer Options.
4. Click Install unknown apps
Note: If you see Apps from Unknown Sources instead, then click Apps from Unknown Sources > Turn On and then ignore the next step.
5. Click on Downloader and enable the option
3: Install OLA TV APK on FireStick and Fire TV devices
You are now ready to install any third-party app that you wish including OLA TV on FireStick. Here are the steps:
1. Launch the Downloader app you installed earlier.
2. For the first run, the Downloader app requires permission to access your files and device. Hit Allow
3. Click OK to close the Quick Start Guide
4. Once you are on the Downloader app’s home screen, click on the URL tab
5. Carefully type in the below URL:
NOTE: Instead of the URL, you may also enter the Downloader Code for OLA TV: 195798
6. The app will start downloading shortly
7. Click INSTALL once downloaded
8. Allow your device some time to install the OLA TV application
9. An app-installed notification will soon display on your screen. Click DONE. We are getting rid of the APK file of OLA TV to free up space on the FireStick. This step is recommended for low-storage devices like FireStck.
10. Now, click Delete
11. Again, click Delete
Great! You have successfully installed the OLA TV APK on FireStick.
How to Use OLA TV on FireStick
Using OLA TV on FireStick is easy-peasy. Since you are using OLA TV on FireStick for the first time, you may not find it on the home screen. You will rather have to navigate to the Apps and Channels section to open it. Let’s see how to open it:
1. Hold down the Home Button on your FireStick Remote for a few seconds. Click Apps as shown in the screenshot below
2. Now, click the OLATV app icon and launch it.
If asked to update Ola TV, please do so by following on-screen instructions.
This is how OLA TV on FireStick looks like when we launch it:
Overview of OLATV APK:
OLA TV’s layout is pretty simple and currently has some basic but useful features only. The homepage of OLA TV displays all the channels it has. It also has a refresh button on its top-right corner to refresh all the currently available channels in your location.
The Hamburger Menu has only three sections- Live IPTV Channels, Settings and Languages, and Disclaimer.
The Disclaimer Section tells us that the app contains only third-party links which are freely available on the internet and hence have no copyrights on the content displayed on their page.
If you click on any channel, you will be asked to install Ludio Player & Kshaw if you haven’t already downloaded them. Steps are provided below.
How to Install Ludio & Kshaw Player on FireStick:
You can get the Ad-free Kshaw player Pro using Downloader Code: 734893
Simply follow the on-screen prompts to install it on your device. Here’s our detailed Kshaw installation guide: How to Install Kshaw on FireStick
You can use the same code for Ad-free Ludio Player Pro, use the Downloader Code: 276894
Here’s our detailed Ludio Player installation guide: How to Install Ludio Player on FireStick
Alternatively, you can install these players from within the OLA TV app itself (No need to sideload them separately, provided the you get the installation prompts. These are, however, NOT ad-free.)
Here are the steps:
1. Start by clicking on any of the IPTV channels
2. When you try to play it, you will see the below prompt asking you to install Ludio Player. Click DIRECT DOWNLOAD FOR ANDROID TV AND FIRE STICK TV
3. Wait for the APK to download
4. Click INSTALL
5. Wait for it to Install
6. Click DONE
Now, we will repeat the process for Kshaw:
1. Try to play an IPTV channel, you will be asked to install Kshaw on your device. Click DIRECT DOWNLOAD FOR ANDROID TV AND FIRE STICK TV
2. Wait for the APK to download
3. Click INSTALL
4. Wait for it to Install
5. Click DONE
OLA TV on FireStick is a fantastic replacement for the now-defunct, Relax TV. It was once very popular but has stopped working. With over 10000 live TV channels to choose from, you don’t have to depend on cable TV anymore nor you have to pay hefty Cable TV charges. Though OLA TV needs a lot of improvement in the future, it has a lot of potential to do so. Hopefully, it will improve for the best. Install it on your FireStick and tell us your experience.
Have any other queries? Leave us a comment below.
Hi, I am Alyssa! I am a tech enthusiast and a blogger. I have been using Kodi and FireStick since 2016. I wanted to share my latest tech discoveries and knowledge with the World, which led me to start this blog in 2021. I post in-depth how-to guides for FireStick devices & Kodi in a way that is easy to understand for people of all ages. Thanks for stopping by!