This tutorial gives you detailed instructions to install OneBox HD on FireStick. The methods used in this tutorial work on all Android devices & Fire TV devices including NVIDIA Shield, Mi Box, Chromecast, Fire Cube etc.
|Supported Devices||Amazon FireStick, Android TV, Android Mobiles, Tablets, Chromecast with Google TV, Nvidia Shield, Roku, Mi TV Stick, TiVo Stream 4K|
|Type of App||On-demand|
|Content||Movies, TV shows|
|External Video Player Support||Works with Only MV-Cast Player|
OneBox HD APK is an application for streaming movies and TV Shows online. It has tons of content of HD quality which are updated regularly. The interface is user-friendly. Want more? Favorite the videos you like so that you are able to watch them later. Keep track of what you are watching with the watchlist. Download videos for watching them offline (Keep in mind that FireStick Devices have low storage, hence downloading isn’t recommended).
One of the cons of this app is that its in-built player is not properly working. So, you will need to install MV-Cast Player to watch videos in OneBox HD. If you play videos with the MV-Cast player in OneBox HD, you also get subtitle support.
OneBox HD is a decent streaming app, however it lacks features such as Real Debrid & Trakt. If installing another Video Player seems like a hassle to you, I recommend using other apps from our Best FireStick apps list.
How to install OneBox HD on FireStick
Let’s dive into the process to get OneBox HD APK on your FireStick in just a few minutes. Please follow the below steps:
1. Install the Downloader App
Downloader is arguably the best sideloading application to install third-party apps like OneBox HD on Amazon FireStick. Here are the steps you need to follow:
To find out more about Downloader, please check our comprehensive guide on How to Sideload Apps on the FireStick with Downloader app.
1. Select Find on the on the Amazon FireStick home screen
2. After that, click Search
3. Start typing Downloader with the on-screen keypad. The search suggestions below should have Downloader, click that.
4. Click Downloader app in the Apps and Games section.
5. Select Get/Download.
6. Wait while Downloader installs on your Amazon FireStick. You should soon see the Open button
2. Enable Install Unknown Apps
We must allow installing unknown apps to be able to sideload third-party applications like OneBox HD onto your device. Here are the steps to do that:
1. On the FireStick home’s main menu bar, click the Gear Icon
2. Click My Fire TV on the window that follows next
3. Choose Developer Options.
💡Note: Can’t find Developer Options? Go to: Settings > My Fire TV > About. Repeatedly select the first menu item 7 times. The message "No need, you are already a developer" will appear. Go back to the My Fire TV menu to find the newly revealed "Developer Options". Check out our guide with screenshots and video tutorial: How to Unhide/Reveal Developer Options.
4. Click Install unknown apps
Note: If you see Apps from Unknown Sources instead, then click Apps from Unknown Sources > Turn On and then ignore the next step.
5. Navigate to Downloader app and turn the option ON for the app
3. Install OneBox HD on FireStick
Here’s what you need to do to install OneBox HD on FireStick:
1. Open Downloader app
2. Click Allow to provide the app necessary permission
3. Then, click OK to continue
4. On the home page of Downloader app, click the field where it asks you to Enter a URL.
5. Now type the following source URL:
(This is OneBox HD’s official website)
(Ignore the URL in the screenshot below)
NOTE: Instead of the URL, you may also enter the Downloader Code for OneBox HD: 21908
6. Once you are on OneBox HD’s web page, click Download
7. After that, click Download APK
8. Click oneboxhd as shown in the screenshot
9. Wait for it to be downloaded on FireStick
10. When you see the installation prompt, click INSTALL
11. Wait for the installation process to finish. It typically takes less than a minute.
12. When the installation process is complete, click DONE. This is to delete the APK file as it is not needed any longer. It will clear some space on the device.
13. Go ahead and click Delete to remove the APK file.
14. Click Delete yet again to confirm.
Now, repeat these steps from step 4 to install MV-Cast Player unless you won’t able to stream with OneBox HD. Use the Downloader code: 468620 Or the link: https://www.toptvtips.com/mv
Awesome! You are now all set to use OneBox HD on FireStick.
How to use OneBox HD on FireStick
Those who are using FireStick for quite some time already know how to access new apps. But those who are new may need some help. Since I am assuming you have installed OneBox HD for the first time, let’s learn how to access it:
1. Hold down the Home Button on your FireStick Remote for a few seconds. Click Apps
2. Next, scroll down and click the OneBox HD app icon to open it now.
If there’s a new version available of OneBox HD, it will ask you to download the latest version. Install the latest version if available and open it.
This is how OneBox HD on FireStick looks like:
Overview of OneBox HD:
The homepage of OneBox HD shows the recently added movies in it. The Topbar features three icons: Search, Genres Icon, and Hamburger menu. You can sort movies and TV shows by genre using Genre Sort Icon. Currently, OneBox HD has sorted its videos into 22 different genres, including Fantasy, Western, Film-Noir, Shorts, Crime, Drama, etc.
Search whatever you like using the Search button.
The Hamburger Menu has these sections: Movie, TV Show, Favorites, Downloads, History, and Top Featured Apps. Both the Movie and TV Show sections have 4 more different sub-sections: Update, Rating, Popular, and New.
All your favorites, downloads, and watchlist history will feature in Favorites, Downloads, and History sections respectively. The Top Featured Apps shows some apps which OneBox HD endorses.
The Update sub-section in both the Movie and TV Show sections has all the recently added movies/ TV Shows. The Rating sub-section shows all movies/ TV Shows according to IMDB Rating. The Popular sub-section shows all the popular content while the New sub-section shows all the new movies/ TV Shows that have recently been released or aired.
For quite some time, OneBox HD stopped releasing new updates and was not working that well. But thankfully due to users’ requests and the ever-increasing online streaming demand, OneBox HD is back. This app has multiple filters ranging from Action, Adventure, and Animation to Comedy, Musical, and Horror. The video quality offered by OneBox HD is superb and of high definition quality mostly. You also get information and rating about the movies/ TV show you are trying to stream. Even though the app lacks important features like Real Debrid, Trakt, and working in-built Video Player support, there’s no harm to give it a try. You may end up finding something you like.
Tell us in the comment section if you want any further assistance installing OneBox HD on FireStick.
Hi, I am Alyssa! I am a tech enthusiast and a blogger. I have been using Kodi and FireStick since 2016. I wanted to share my latest tech discoveries and knowledge with the World, which led me to start this blog in 2021. I post in-depth how-to guides for FireStick devices & Kodi in a way that is easy to understand for people of all ages. Thanks for stopping by!