OpenWizard mainly serves as a maintenance tool for Kodi. In this post, we will discuss the steps to install OpenWizard on Kodi.
You can employ the same steps on all Kodi-supported devices like FireSticks, Androids, PCs, etc.
OpenWizard is a brilliant maintenance tool on Kodi. This wizard is the fork of the Aftermath Wizard. It has a simple interface. The navigation in the OpenWizard is also easy.
This wizard can do a variety of tasks. It can clear the cache, thumbnails, packages, etc. of Kodi. It can force update, enable or disable Kodi addons. This wizard can also upload and view log files.
Furthermore, it can back up and restore themes, addon packages, etc. You can also manage your login info, Trakt, and Debrid account data with this addon.
Haven’t installed Kodi yet? Read our article to know the installation steps: Install Kodi 19 Matrix
How to Install OpenWizard on Kodi
For easy understanding, OpenWizard installation steps on Kodi are segregated into three parts. Read further to know the steps in detail.
1. Allow Unknown Sources within Kodi
OpenWizard is not available in the Kodi repository. Therefore, you have to install it from third-party sources. But, addon installation from unknown sources is disabled generally. So, you have to enable it first by following the steps below:
1. Open Kodi.
2. Hit Gear Icon (Settings) that is right next to Search Icon.
3. Select System option.
4. Then, select Add-ons from left panel. And, from right panel, toggle the switch next to Unknown Sources to enable it.
5. A message will warn you.
Read this before proceeding.
It says the Add-ons will be given access to personal data stored on your device.
Now, if you do not want your personal data accessed by third-party add-ons, it is important to use a reliable VPN like ExpressVPN while streaming through a third-party Add-on.
Skip it by choosing Yes.
2. Install Repository Containing OpenWizard
You have to install OpenWizard Repository first. It’s because OpenWizard is available only in OpenWizard repo. Below are the installation steps for OpenWizard Repo on Kodi:
1. Firstly, select Gear Icon ( Settings) from Kodi main page.
2. Choose File Manager.
3. Hit Add Source option.
4. Select <None>
5. Enter the following URL :
6. Name the source (e.g. openwizard). It will help in quick identification later. Hit OK.
7. Select OK again.
8. Select Add-ons after navigating to the previous menu.
9. Hit Install From Zip File option.
10. You will learn that this addon needs to be updated manually. Choose Yes.
11. Then, select the source name (openwizard).
12. Hit repository.openwizard-y.y.zip
Here y.y is the latest version number.
13. You will get a message confirming the successful repo installation.
3. Install OpenWizard on Kodi
You can now install OpenWizard on Kodi from OpenWizard repo. Below are the steps:
1. Hit Install From Repository.
2. Select OpenWizard Repository.
3. Then, choose Program add-ons.
4. Select OpenWizard option.
5. Then, hit Install to initiate installation.
6. Select OK if asked permission for Additional add-ons installation.
7. Installation of OpenWizard Kodi addon will start.
8. You will get a message confirming the successful addon installation.
9. A Quick Menu tool will appear. You can use this to do certain tasks by selecting the preferred options and clicking Continue. Or, you can ignore it and open the OpenWizard later to perform tasks.
How to Use OpenWizard on Kodi
Let us quickly learn how to open & use OpenWizard on Kodi. The steps are provided below:
1. Go to the main page of Kodi. Then, select Add-ons option.
2. Click the icon of OpenWizard to open it. If you can’t see its icon, hit Program add-ons option instead.
3. Then, select OpenWizard option to open the addon.
Here is how OpenWizard Main page looks like:
Overview – OpenWizard
The Main page of OpenWizard on Kodi has several categories. We have listed them below:
- Save Data
- Upload Log File
- View Errors in Log
The Builds section shows the current version of Kodi you are using. Moreover, it has a Save Data Menu Section which has option to keep Debrid & Trakt data, login info, etc.
The Maintenance section has Logging Tools, Cleaning Tools, Addon Tools, Back up/Restore sections, and others. The Logging Tools section has options to upload/view log files & Wizard log files, toggle debug logging, etc.
The Cleaning Tools section has options to clear cache, thumbnails, packages, etc.
Back up/Restore allows you to back up and restore themes, builds, addon packs, etc.
Addon Tools section allows you to remove, enable/ disable or force update addons.
Use Upload Log file option to upload log files to the redirected site.
You can view all the errors in log files in View Errors in Log section.
The Settings section has options to enable auto clean, choose backup storage location, disable notifications, and many more.
How to clear Kodi Cache with OpenWizard on Kodi
It is very easy to clear Kodi cache with OpenWizard. Let’s check the steps:
1. Firstly, open OpenWizard on Kodi.
2. Click (OpenWizard) Maintenance option.
3. Select (OpenWizard) Cleaning Tools.
4. Then, choose Clear Cache option.
5. A message will confirm that cache has been successfully cleared.
OpenWizard is a lightweight maintenance tool that is quite useful for Kodi users. Since Kodi itself doesn’t have option to clear cache in its settings, you can use this addon to clear its cache. Furthermore, you can back up/ restore addon packages, builds, etc., and disable/enable addons, and many more.
If you have any further queries, feel free to write to us. We will surely assist you.
Hi, I am Alyssa! I am a tech enthusiast and a blogger. I have been using Kodi and FireStick since 2016. I wanted to share my latest tech discoveries and knowledge with the World, which led me to start this blog in 2021. I post in-depth how-to guides for FireStick devices & Kodi in a way that is easy to understand for people of all ages. Thanks for stopping by!