IPTV Simple Client is a PVR Addon that lets you stream Live TV channels. In this article, we will show the installation process for PVR IPTV Simple Client Kodi Addon.
The method laid out in this guide works on all Fire TV products, Android variants, Mac & Windows PCs, etc.
Other than that, we will also tell you how to configure PVR IPTV Simple Client addon to use it.
PVR IPTV Simple Client addon lets you enjoy live Television channels provided by your subscribed IPTV provider. The only requirement is that you have to link it with your subscribed IPTV provider by either M3U or EPG URL.
This Kodi addon has no content of its own and hence relies on IPTV Providers for content streaming.
Most of the IPTV Providers launches their dedicated streaming apps for Android devices mainly. But there are many users who don’t have an Android device. In such cases, users can download Kodi on their device and install PVR IPTV Simple Client addon. The reason is simple. Most devices support Kodi.
This addon becomes a handy tool for streaming content on any Kodi-enabled device by linking to your IPTV provider.
Want to learn Kodi installation method? Read our guide: Installation method of Kodi 19 Matrix
How to Install PVR IPTV Simple Client Kodi Addon
PVR IPTV Simple Client Kodi Addon installation process is very easy. It is because this add-on is listed in the official Kodi repository. Hence, we don’t have to change any settings or enter any URL to install. Below are the steps:
1. Open Kodi app.
2. The Gear Icon (Settings) is on the left side of Kodi Main screen. Click it.
3. Hit Add-ons.
4. Hit Install From Repository.
5. Click on Kodi Add-on repository.
6. Hit PVR clients.
7. Locate PVR IPTV Simple Client add-on and click it.
8. Hit the Install tile to start the installation process.
9. Select OK for allowing Associated add-ons installation if asked.
10. Wait and let PVR IPTV Simple Client Kodi addon install.
11. A confirmation notification will appear after the completion of PVR IPTV Simple Client installation.
Voila! PVR IPTV Simple Client add-on installation is complete. Now you have to set it up to stream content.
How to Configure PVR IPTV Simple Client Addon on Kodi
Now that PVR IPTV Simple Client Addon is installed, we have to set it up to use it and watch content. Since this add-on doesn’t have content of its own, it needs to be linked to an IPTV subscription.
Note: PVR IPTV Simple Client only supports XMLTV EPG & M3U URLs. Make sure you get it from your subscribed IPTV provider.
These are the steps to set up PVR IPTV Simple Client Kodi Addon :
1. Click on PVR IPTV Simple Client.
(You will find it by going to Settings=> Add-ons=> My Add-ons=> PVR Clients=> PVR IPTV Simple Client)
2. Hit Configure tile.
3. A Window will open. Choose General from left panel, and select M3U playlist URL from right panel.
4. Type the M3U URL provided by your IPTV provider and hit OK.
5. For entering the EPG URL, select EPG from left panel, and hit XMLTV URL from right panel.
6. Type the EPG URL and hit OK.
7. If you are prompted to give any other additional permission, click OK.
How to Set up PVR IPTV Simple Client Addon on Kodi with a Free M3U URL
We will now show how you can set up PVR IPTV Simple Client Addon on Kodi with a Free M3U URL.
1. Select Configure after you open PVR IPTV Simple Client Addon from My Add-ons file (As discussed in the previous section).
2. Select General from left panel and M3U playlist URL from right panel.
4. Enter the following URL carefully:
Then click OK.
5. Again, click OK.
Note: We don’t endorse this M3U URL and also can’t verify its legality. Therefore, we advise you to use this URL for streaming at your own risk. Also, use a trusted VPN while streaming.
How to Use PVR IPTV Simple Client Addon on Kodi
Now that you have set up PVR IPTV Simple Client Kodi Addon, you need to know how to use it. These are the steps:
1. Return to Kodi Main screen. Hit the Power icon.
2. Then select Exit option to exit Kodi.
3. Restart Kodi.
4. On restarting Kodi, you will notice PVR Manager getting updated. Wait for a couple of minutes and let it complete.
5. Next, from the left panel, select TV option.
6. You will find the list of channels offered by your subscribed IPTV provider. Just click any channel and it will start streaming.
Overview – PVR IPTV Simple Client Kodi Addon
The content collection and its categorization and also the interface you will notice while using PVR IPTV Simple Client add-on will depend on the IPTV provider you have subscribed to.
The Top Menu Bar categories remain almost the same irrespective of the IPTV subscription you currently have. They are:
- Timer Rules
The Channels option lists all the channels provided by the IPTV provider you have subscribed to.
The Guide option gives television program listings timings and other information.
The Timers option allows you to set the timing for starting and stopping a particular channel streaming.
The Timer Rules option is just an extension of the Timers option. This can be used to tweak some timer settings.
The Search option allows you to search for channels instead of manually browsing.
PVR IPTV Simple Client Kodi addon is a nice platform for streaming Live Television channels offered by your subscribed IPTV provider. It only supports XMLTV EPG URL & M3U URL though. So, make sure you get this URL from the provider.
This add-on, unlike other Add-ons, doesn’t contain content of its own and hence can only be used if you have an IPTV subscription.
Hi, I am Alyssa! I am a tech enthusiast and a blogger. I have been using Kodi and FireStick since 2016. I wanted to share my latest tech discoveries and knowledge with the World, which led me to start this blog in 2021. I post in-depth how-to guides for FireStick devices & Kodi in a way that is easy to understand for people of all ages. Thanks for stopping by!