Rising Tides is a popular Kodi addon for live Sports. In this article, we will walk you through the process to install the Rising Tides Kodi Addon.
The steps are exactly the same for every Kodi-enabled device including Androids, FireSticks, iOS, and Windows devices.
|Supported Devices||Amazon FireStick, Fire TV, Android TV, Android Mobiles, Tablets, Chromecast with Google TV, Nvidia Shield, Roku, Mi Box, TiVo Stream 4K and more|
|Type of Addon||Sports|
|Content||Live Sports, Highlights|
Rising Tides addon is a fantastic Kodi Addon for streaming live sports. This add-on mainly streams live matches and highlights of popular football Leagues of Europe and America.
These include Ligue 1, LaLiga, Bundesliga, Serie A, Premier League, and many others. It also has a live PPV section where you can watch exclusive matches.
You will need to buy game pass to stream the content of this section though. Just pay for what you see. It’s more economical than the traditional cable subscription.
Other than that, this add-on also streams many other sports including NBA, NHL, UFC, Superbowl, etc. The fact that you can report dead links to the developers to get a quick fix makes it stand apart from other sports addons.
Rising Tides Kodi Addon features in our list of Best Kodi Addons.
If you haven’t installed Kodi yet, you can install it by following our guide: Kodi 19 Matrix Installation
How to Install Rising Tides Kodi Addon
The step-by-step process of Rising Tides Kodi Addon is explained below. Follow these easy steps:
1. Allow Unknown Sources within Kodi
Rising Tides Kodi add-on is still not listed in the official Kodi repository. Therefore, third-party sources are the only sources available to install Rising Tides Addon. Generally, you cannot install add-ons from unknown sources on Kodi as it is turned off. Hence, we have to turn it on by following these steps:
1. Run the Kodi app.
2. Now, you have to select Gear Icon (Settings).
3. Select System.
4. Scroll down to Add-ons option from left menu. And from right menu, switch the toggle next to Unknown Sources for turning it on.
5. A warning can be noticed.
Read this before proceeding.
It says the Add-ons will be given access to personal data stored on your device.
Now, if you do not want your personal data accessed by third-party add-ons, it is important to use a reliable VPN like ExpressVPN while streaming through a third-party Add-on.
2. Install Repository Containing Rising Tides Kodi Addon
Rising Tides Repository needs to be installed first as it contains Rising Tides Kodi add-on. Follow these steps to install Rising Tides Repo on Kodi:
1. Return to Kodi Home screen. Click Gear Icon ( Settings) one more time.
2. Select File Manager tile for opening it.
3. Hit Add Source from either column of the screen.
4. Click on <None>
5. Enter the given URL by avoiding any typos:
Note: Remove K19 from the URL if it doesn’t work on your Kodi device.
6. Choose any name for naming your source. In this case, I have named it rising tides. After naming, click OK.
7. Hit OK again.
8. Return to the previous menu by hitting the Back button. Then, select Add-ons option.
9. Open Install From Zip File
10. You will get a notification telling you that this add-on only gets manual updates. Click on Yes.
11. Select the source name (rising tides).
12. Hit repository.Rising.Tides-y.y.zip
(y.y represents the version number)
13. Kodi will notify you after completing the Rising Tides Repo installation.
3. Install Rising Tides Kodi Addon
Now, we can install Rising Tides Kodi Addon from the installed Rising Tides Repository. Follow these steps to install:
1. Open Install From Repository.
2. Hit Rising Tides Repo.
3. Choose Video add-ons tile.
4. Scroll down to hit Rising Tides.
5. Hit Install from the next window.
6. Allow other Add-ons to install by clicking OK.
7. Rising Tides Kodi addon installation will initiate.
8. Kodi will notify you after completing Rising Tides add-on installation.
Done! Enjoy streaming sports with Rising Tides Kodi Addon.
How to Use Rising Tides Kodi Addon
In this section, we will know how to open & use Rising Tides Kodi Addon. Follow these steps:
1. To open the installed Rising Tides Addon, return to Kodi Home screen & click Add-ons.
2. Now, check if you can locate Rising Tides Kodi Addon. If yes, click it right away to open it. But if not, hit Video add-ons.
3. Find Rising Tides Addon and click it to open it.
This is the Home screen of Rising Tides Kodi add-on :
Overview – Rising Tides Kodi Addon
There are mainly 5 categories on the Home Page of Rising Tides Kodi add-on. They are:
- Football Highlights
- Football Live
- Live PPV Events
- More Sports Events
- Test Area
The Football Highlights section has highlights of football matches if you failed to stream them live or you simply want to watch them again.
The Football Live section has streams of Live football matches.
The Live PPV Events section lets you watch live exclusive matches on a pay-per-view basis. For instance, if you want to watch live NHL, you will have to buy an NHL game pass.
And the More Sports Events section has different varieties of sports like UFC, Superbowl, NHL, NBA, etc.
The Test Area section of Rising Tides Kodi Addon is supposed to test the sites if it’s streaming properly or not. But I am not sure if it’s reliable.
There is a message for UK viewers on the homepage of Rising Tides Addon (written UK, but applies to all users outside of the US). All the viewers outside of the US need to connect to a VPN of the US server to stream matches.
Rising Tides Kodi addon is built especially for all the football fans out there. Apart from that, it also streams other sports including wrestling, basketball, hockey, etc. This add-on has a simple interface that is user-friendly too. You can report dead streaming links to the developers so that they quickly fix the issue.
Those who are not streaming from the USA should connect to a VPN of the US server. Otherwise, they will find difficulty in streaming live matches.
Hi, I am Alyssa! I am a tech enthusiast and a blogger. I have been using Kodi and FireStick since 2016. I wanted to share my latest tech discoveries and knowledge with the World, which led me to start this blog in 2021. I post in-depth how-to guides for FireStick devices & Kodi in a way that is easy to understand for people of all ages. Thanks for stopping by!