Seren has been a popular addon among Kodi users for many years. And for all the right reasons. In this article, I will teach you the steps to install Seren Kodi Addon on FireStick.
All the steps are the same for every Kodi-compatible device including PCs & Android devices.
Moreover, I will also tell the steps to link Trakt & Real Debrid with Seren Addon. I will also tell you the steps to install provider packages in this addon.
|Supported Devices||Amazon FireStick, Fire TV, Android TV, Android Mobiles, Tablets, iOS, Chromecast with Google TV, Nvidia Shield, Roku, Mi Box, Windows, Mac Computer and more|
|Type of Addon||Video-on-demand|
|Content||Movies, TV shows|
|Premium Sources||Real Debrid, All Debrid, Premiumize|
Seren addon is a brilliant Kodi addon for watching hundreds and thousands of content. Its library accommodates both new and old movies & TV shows. Fresh contents are added regularly. This add-on has a nice interface with smooth navigation.
Seren addon doesn’t have free sources. That means you have to integrate this addon with a premium sources account to watch any content. It supports the integration of many premium sources accounts including Real Debrid, All Debrid, Mega Debrid, Premiumize, etc. This addon offers high-definition content without buffering of any sort.
Trakt linking with the Seren addon allows media syncing on all your devices.
Seren addon has been added to our list of Best Kodi Addons. It’s because this addon provides quality content and hence, gives a better streaming experience.
Ready to install Kodi? Read our article before you start installing: Install Kodi
How to Install Seren Kodi Addon
To make the installation steps easy to follow, I will divide them into three sections. This way you can install Seren addon within a couple of minutes.
1. Allow Unknown Sources within Kodi
Seren add-on is not added to the official Kodi repository. So, it can only be installed from third-party sources. However, you have to allow installation from third-party sources on Kodi before installing this addon.
Here are the steps to turn on installation from Unknown sources:
1. Launch Kodi.
2. Hit Gear Icon (Settings) that is on the right side of Power Icon.
3. Choose System.
4. Select Add-ons from left side. Then, click the switch next to Unknown Sources for turning it on.
5. A message will warn you.
Read this before proceeding.
It says the Add-ons will be given access to personal data stored on your device.
Now, if you do not want your personal data accessed by third-party add-ons, it is important to use a reliable VPN like ExpressVPN while streaming through a third-party Add-on.
Skip it by selecting Yes.
2. Install Repository Containing Seren Kodi Addon
Nixgates Repository contains Seren add-on. Therefore, we will install Nixgates Repository before. And then, install Seren from it. Here are the steps for Nixgates Repository installation on Kodi:
1. Hit Gear Icon ( Settings) again from Kodi home page.
2. Choose File Manager.
3. Select Add Source from either side of the screen.
4. Hit <None>
5. Type the given URL without making any mistakes:
6. I will name the source nixgates for identifying it. You can give a different name if you want. Then, select OK.
7. Hit OK again.
8. Click the Back Button/ Esc Button & select Add-ons.
9. Hit Install From Zip File.
10. You will get to know that this addon doesn’t get updated automatically. Select Yes.
11. Click nixgates or the source name you have given.
12. Hit nixgates.repository-y.y.y.zip
Here y.y.y denotes the latest version number.
13. You will get a confirmation message as soon as Nixgates repo installation is complete.
3. Install Seren Kodi Addon
Finally, we will install Seren Addon from Nixgates repository. Here are the steps:
1. Hit Install From Repository.
2. Select Nixgates Repo.
3. Select Video add-ons option.
4. Choose Seren.
5. Hit Install from the bottom right corner.
6. You have to install Additional add-ons for Seren add-on to work properly. Select OK.
7. Seren Kodi addon installation will begin.
8. You will get a confirmation message as soon as Seren addon installation is complete.
Voila! Seren add-on installation is complete.
How to Use Seren Addon on Kodi
Let me give a quick overview of how to launch and use Seren Addon. Here are the steps:
1. Go to Kodi Home page. Select Add-ons option.
2. Select the icon of Seren Kodi add-on and launch it. If you have many addons installed on Kodi, you may not see its icon. In such a case, select Video add-ons option.
3. Launch Seren by clicking its icon.
Here is the Seren Kodi add-on Home page screenshot:
Overview – Seren Kodi Addon
The Home page of Seren Kodi add-on has 4 sections. They are:
Discover TV Shows
Discover TV Shows section has list of all TV Shows present in Seren addon. Discover Movies section has list of all movies present in it.
Tools section has 8 sub-sections. They are:
Clear Search History
Open Settings Menu
Trakt Sync Tools
Clear Local Torrent Cache
Wipe Addon Data
You can clear cache, Search history, local torrent cache, and addon data from Tools section. Furthermore, you can manage Providers, Downloads, playback settings, and Trakt & Debrid accounts from here.
Seren Kodi addon has a very good Search tool. Just enter the name of the content you want to find & this tool will find it for you.
How to install Provider Packages in Seren Kodi Addon
Before you can start streaming content on Seren Kodi addon, you have to install Provider packages. It’s because Seren doesn’t come with default providers. Even when you integrate Debrid account with it, you may need to install Provider packages to enable providers. Here are the steps to install Provider Packages in Seren Kodi Addon:
1. Go to the home page of Seren Kodi addon and hit Tools.
2. Choose Provider Tools option.
3. Hit Manage Provider Packages.
4. Select Install Package option from the right side.
5. Choose Web Location.
6. Type the given URL:
7. Select Install.
8. A successful installation message will appear. Click OK.
9. Finally, select Close option from the right hand side.
How to Use Real Debrid with Seren Kodi Addon
Seren Kodi Addon can link Real Debrid to provide High definition content links. Here are the steps to link Real Debrid with Seren add-on:
Our Real Debrid article has more detailed information. Go check it out.
1. Firstly, create a Real-Debrid account from HERE.
2. Launch Seren Kodi Addon. Then, select Tools.
3. Choose Open Settings Menu.
4. Select Accounts from left side panel and scroll down to Real Debrid section on the right side. Then, click Enable Debrid option to turn it on.
5. Next, hit Authorize Real-Debrid
6. You will get a verification code.
7. Log in to your Real Debrid account after visiting https://real-debrid.com/device.
8. Type the verification code. Hit Continue.
9. You will see application-allowed message in a second or two.
But before you start streaming your favorite content with Kodi Addons & Builds, please keep in mind that everything you stream on Kodi can be seen by the Government through your Internet Service Provider. Now, if you end up streaming copyrighted TV shows, Movies, Sports, or Live TV (knowingly or unknowingly), you could get tangled in serious legal issues.
We do not condone or endorse streaming illegal/copyrighted content. However, it’s not always easy to tell difference between legal and illegal content sources online.
Luckily, you can hide your online activity with the help of a reliable VPN service. A good Kodi VPN will mask your original identifying IP Address [show_ip]. It will also help you bypass geo-restrictions & ISP throttling, which will allow you to stream everything without buffering.
I use ExpressVPN and recommend it to my friends & family. It offers blazing fast speed and utmost security online. It also has a zero-logs policy and dedicated apps for all kinds of devices and platforms including FireStick and Fire TVs.
ExpressVPN also offers 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee (no questions asked), although we don’t think you’ll ever want one.
So before streaming on Kodi, here’s how you can set up ExpressVPN for Kodi on any device:
Step 1. First of all, Sign Up for ExpressVPN HERE
You can save 49% on the yearly plan and also get 3 Months absolutely free.
Step 2. To install the ExpressVPN app on your device, click HERE. You can use the app on 5 devices simultaneously.
If you'd like to download the app on FireStick you'll find the instructions below.
Step 3. Sign in with your login credential that you created while signing up for ExpressVPN.
Step 4. Click the Power Button to connect to a VPN server. That's it! Anything you stream on this device will now be anonymous.
Steps to connect to ExpressVPN on FireStick:
These are the steps to install Kodi VPN on FireStick devices.
If you have any other streaming device, please go to its respective appstore and download the ExpressVPN app. ExpressVPN has dedicated app for nearly all devices.
Step 1. Sign Up for ExpressVPN HERE, if you haven't already.
Step 2. Navigate to the Find Icon on your FireStick home screen.
Step 3. Now, go to the Search option
Step 4. Enter the word ExpressVPN using the onscreen keypad and select it from the Search results.
Step 5. Now, click the ExpressVPN icon under Apps & Games section
Step 6. Click on Get /Download and wait for it to install on your FireStick
Step 7. Click Open to launch the ExpressVPN app
Step 8. Enter your login credentials that you used when you registered for ExpressVPN. And click Sign In
Step 9. Choose a server location of your choice and click the Power Icon to connect to the server.
Once connected to ExpressVPN, your IP address will change automatically. You can verify this by checking the IP address data above after refreshing this page. This means your Internet activities are now anonymous and anything you stream on this device is safe from the prying eyes.
For the full review of ExpressVPN, check out our detailed ExpressVPN Review guide.
How to Use Trakt with Seren Kodi Addon
Seren Kodi Addon can link Trakt to sync media on all your devices. Here are the steps to link Trakt with Seren add-on:
You can check our Trakt article to gain more information.
1. Firstly, create a Trakt account from Trakt.tv.
2. Launch Seren Kodi addon & select Tools.
3. Select Accounts from left side panel and scroll down to Trakt section on the right side. Then, hit Authorize Trakt.
4. You will get a verification code.
5. Log in to your Trakt account after visiting https://trakt.tv/activate.
6. Type the verification code. Then, hit Continue.
7. Complete authorization by choosing Yes.
It’s essential to install provider packages with Seren Kodi addon. You also have to integrate a Debrid account with it, most preferably Real Debrid to watch content of any sort. It’s actually not a bad thing. This ensures that you get High definition buffer-free content most often.
You can also integrate your Trakt account with this addon for syncing your media on all your devices. It’s definitely worth a try!
If you require any further assistance, please do comment below.
Hi, I am Alyssa! I am a tech enthusiast and a blogger. I have been using Kodi and FireStick since 2016. I wanted to share my latest tech discoveries and knowledge with the World, which led me to start this blog in 2021. I post in-depth how-to guides for FireStick devices & Kodi in a way that is easy to understand for people of all ages. Thanks for stopping by!