Developers have been churning out so many VOD streaming add-ons for Kodi recently. And hence, we can understand your dilemma of which addons to install on Kodi. Among them, Shadow Addon is a great Addon that you can try. In this article, you will learn the installation procedure of Shadow Kodi Addon.
You can install Shadow Addon on all Kodi-enabled devices using the same procedure. Install it on Laptops and PCs, Smartphones and Tablets, FireStick Products, and others.
Other than that, Trakt & Real Debrid integration procedure with Shadow Addon is also described below.
|Compatibility||Kodi 19 Matrix & Kodi 18 Leia|
|Type of Addon||Video-on-demand|
|Content||Movies, TV shows, Anime, Music|
|Premium Sources||Real Debrid, All Debrid, Premiumize|
Shadow addon is a wonderful Addon for watching hundreds of TV shows and movies online. It has got an elegant user interface that is also user-friendly. This add-on scrapes higher-quality links from sources so that you don’t have to compromise with video quality. Every Kodi builds has Shadow Addon including Kodi 19 Matrix & Kodi 18 Leia.
It’s worth noting that Shadow addon only works with Premium hosters such as Real Debrid, Premiumize, etc. It also ensures that you will find High definition resolution links of content.
And the Trakt integration helps sync your media on devices. Multiple streaming links are also provided in this add-on to reduce the chances of dead links while viewing content.
Shadow Kodi is featured in our Best Kodi Addons list because of its features and large content collection.
To learn about Kodi installation procedure, read our article: Kodi 19 Matrix & Kodi 18 Leia Installation
How to Install Shadow Kodi Addon
Shadow Kodi Addon installation process is divided into three parts. Hence, this will ensure that you have no difficulty understanding and following the steps. Take a look:
1. Allow Unknown Sources within Kodi
Shadow Kodi add-on is not present in the official Kodi repository. So, if you want to install Shadow Addon, you have to install it from third-party sources. But installing apps from other sources is turned off generally unless you turn it on. So, our first step is to turn on installation from other sources. Take a look at the method:
1. Open Kodi app on your device.
2. The upper left menu bar of Kodi Main screen has Gear Icon (Settings). Click it.
3. Select System.
4. Select the Add-ons option which is on your left side. On your right side, you will see the Unknown Sources option. Check whether it’s turned on. If not, click the slider located alongside to turn it on.
5. A message will be displayed to warn you.
Read this before proceeding.
It says the Add-ons will be given access to personal data stored on your device.
Now, if you do not want your personal data accessed by third-party add-ons, it is important to use a reliable VPN like ExpressVPN while streaming through a third-party Add-on.
Skip it by clicking Yes.
2. Install Repository Containing Shadow Kodi Addon
Shadow Kodi add-on is available in Magnetic Repo. So, you need to install Magnetic Repo first. Then, you can install Shadow Addon from it. So, take a look at the steps on how to install Magnetic Repo on Kodi:
1. Move back to Kodi Main screen. And again select Gear Icon ( Settings).
2. Click the File Manager tile to open it.
3. Hit Add Source. It is present on both the left & right screen sides.
4. Click <None>
5. Now carefully type the following URL without any mistake:
6. I will name my source Shadow for easy identification. You can select any source name of your choice. Then, choose OK.
7. Hit OK again.
8. Select Add-ons option from the previous menu.
9. Hit Install From Zip File.
10. A Message will notify you that you have to update third-party Addons manually. Select Yes.
11. Next, I am going to click the source name I have given which is Shadow. If you have given a different source name, you should click it instead.
12. Select repository.Magnetic-y.y.y.zip
Here y.y.y is the latest version number.
13. A message ‘Magnetic Repo installed’ will appear as soon as the installation is complete.
3. Install Shadow Kodi Addon
You can now download and install Shadow Kodi Addon from the downloaded Magnetic Repo. Take a look at the method:
1. Select Install From Repository.
2. Choose Magnetic Repo.
3. Hit Video add-ons tile.
4. Choose Shadow from the add-ons list.
5. Hit the Install button on the bottom side screen.
6. Hit OK to permit installation of associated add-ons if asked. Otherwise, ignore.
7. Wait for Shadow Kodi addon to finish downloading & installing.
8. Soon, a message will tell you that Shadow add-on installation is finished.
You can now open Shadow Kodi Addon and stream its content.
How to Use Shadow Addon on Kodi
In this segment, I will teach you how you can open and use Shadow Kodi Addon. Take a look at the steps:
1. Go back to Kodi Main screen. Select Add-ons.
2. If you just have one or two add-ons, you will find Shadow Kodi Addon right away. Click it and it will open. If you can’t see Shadow Addon, click Video add-ons.
3. A list of installed add-ons will be displayed. From that list, select Shadow Addon and it will launch.
4. A welcome message will appear. Click Close to close it.
Here is how Shadow Kodi add-on Home screen looks like:
Overview – Shadow Kodi Addon
The Shadow Kodi add-on Home Page has 14 sections. These are:
Trakt World – No Account Needed
Last Link Played
My RD History
Every section has its own categories. For instance, the Movie World Section has categories like Popular Movies, Released Movies, 3-D Movies, Genre, Year, Studio, etc. The Odin Section has categories like 1080 section, 4K Wildlife, 4K A-Z Movies, etc.
The Settings section of Shadow Kodi Addon has option to change the theme, handle premium sources account, debugging, and other things. You can also change the quality of the content you want to watch here and also filter sources and enable one-click play.
How to Use Real Debrid with Shadow Kodi Addon
Shadow Kodi Addon can also link your Real Debrid Account. Thus, you will find it easier for finding HD-quality content links. Take a look at the steps to link Real Debrid with Shadow Kodi add-on.
If you want to know more about Real Debrid, go through our Real Debrid article
1. Create a Real-Debrid account if you don’t have one by clicking HERE.
2. Open Shadow Kodi Addon. Select Settings
3. Highlight Debrid Section & then click on Re-auth Real-Debrid
4. A verification code can be seen within a few seconds.
5. Browse https://real-debrid.com/device
Then, log in to your Real Debrid account.
6. Type the verification code & then hit Continue.
7. A message will confirm that application is allowed.
Restart Shadow Kodi Addon to spot Real Debrid links for streaming content.
How to Use Trakt with Shadow Kodi Addon
Shadow Kodi Addon can also link your Trakt Account. Thus, you will find it easier to sync media on your devices. Take a look at the steps to link Trakt with Shadow Kodi add-on:
If you want to know more about Trakt, go through our Trakt article
1. Create a Trakt account if you don’t have one by browsing Trakt.tv.
2. Open Shadow Kodi addon.
3. Click the Trakt folder.
4. Select any folder of your choice. Here, I am clicking Tv Lists.
5. The folder will not open If Trakt is not authenticated, the folder will not open. You will be told to authenticate Trakt instead. Hit Yes.
6. A verification code will be displayed soon.
7. Browse https://trakt.tv/activate. Then, log in to your Trakt account.
8. Type the verification code & then hit Continue.
9. Finish the authorization process by clicking Yes.
Shadow Kodi addon is definitely one of the top Kodi Add-ons to stream quality content while chilling on your sofa sit. And the ability to constantly fetch fresh content is one of the reasons that contributes to its cause. Moreover, it can also integrate Real Debrid and Trakt for enhancing your streaming experience. So, waste no time and install Shadow Addon today.
If you want to enquire about something else, contact us so that we can answer your queries.
Hi, I am Alyssa! I am a tech enthusiast and a blogger. I have been using Kodi and FireStick since 2016. I wanted to share my latest tech discoveries and knowledge with the World, which led me to start this blog in 2021. I post in-depth how-to guides for FireStick devices & Kodi in a way that is easy to understand for people of all ages. Thanks for stopping by!