This article will assist you to install Strix on FireStick. You can use the same steps to install this app on other Fire TV products and Android TV devices.
|Supported Devices||Amazon FireStick, Android TV, Android Mobiles, Tablets, Chromecast with Google TV, Nvidia Shield, Roku, Mi TV Stick, TiVo Stream 4K|
|Type of App||All-in-One|
|Content||Live TV, Movies, TV shows, Adult|
|External Video Player Support|
|Premium Sources||Real Debrid|
Strix is a versatile application that is immensely popular among users for online streaming. This app has a shipload of movies and shows in high definition quality for the users to enjoy.
Other than that, it also streams live Channels from many countries like the USA, UK, Canada, etc.
This app also includes Adult content.
The UI of Strix is convenient to use. This means that tech rookies will also be easily able to handle this app.
There is also a Real Debrid integration option on Strix for fetching higher resolution links from sources.
Strix fixes bugs and links issues with app updates regularly.
Moreover, it also updates its content with new shows and movies daily so that users don’t need to go anywhere else to watch them. Hence, we listed Strix in our Best FireStick Apps list and also in Best Live TV FireStick Apps list.
How to Install Strix on FireStick
The whole process has been divided into three segments. So, if you want to get Strix APK on your Amazon FireStick, then please follow the below steps:
1. Install Downloader App
Downloader app is used to sideload apps on FireStick. It is my most used app. Let’s learn how to install Downloader on FireStick:
We have a detailed guide on How to Sideload Apps on FireStick with Downloader.
Here are the steps:
1. From the main screen of your FireStick, click Find.
2. After that, click Search
3. Type in Downloader using the on-screen keypad. In the quick suggestions underneath, click Downloader.
4. Under Apps & Games, click Downloader app
5. Choose Get or Download to install Downloader on FireStick.
6. Once installed, click Open to launch it
7. On Downloader app’s first launch, give the app permissions by clicking Allow
8. Click OK when you see the Quick Start Guide
2. Turn ON Install Unknown Apps
We will get on with the actual installation process. But, before we do that, we need to allow FireStick to install the third-party apps. Here’s how:
1. Click the Gear Icon from the FireStick home screen.
2. Click My Fire TV
3. Under My Fire TV, click Developer Options
📌Can’t find Developer Options? Unhide Developer Option by following our guide: How to Unhide/Reveal Developer Options.
4. Then, on the following menu, click Install unknown apps
Note: If you happen to see Apps from Unknown Sources, go ahead and click Apps from Unknown Sources > Turn On. Ignore step no-5.
5. Switch ON Downloader app
3. Install Strix on FireStick
Now, this installation process requires us to install FileSynced first and then install Strix using FileSynced. We are going to install FileSynced app using the Downloader app. Here’s how:
1. Hold Down Amazon FireStick Remote Home Button for 5 seconds. When you see the below menu, click Apps
2. Click Downloader app icon to run it
3. On the home screen of Downloader app, click the box that reads Enter a URL
4. When the on-screen keyboard appears, enter the following URL:
(This is the official website of FileSynced)
NOTE: Instead of the URL, you can also enter the Downloader code for FileSynced: 80434
5. When the FileSynced website loads, click DOWNLOAD
6. Downloader will connect to the server and begin to download the FileSynced APK
7. When the APK is downloaded, the Downloader app will initiate the installation. Click INSTALL
8. It will only take a few seconds to install
9. When you get the App Installed confirmation, click DONE so that you can return to the Downloader app and delete the APK
Why should you delete the APK, you may ask? Because the APK is of no use once the app installation has been completed.
10. Click Delete.
11. Click Delete once again
12. If your FireStick has the Install unknown apps option, you need to turn ON app installation for FileSynced app, just like we did for Downloader App previously.
Navigate over to FireStick home screen and then go to Settings > My Fire TV > Developer Options > Install unknown apps> Turn the option ON for FileSynced App.
13. Now open the FileSynced app from the installed Apps
14. Go to Trending Codes
15. On the next screen, click john wayne store v2
16. Select Strix and then, click the Download button.
17. You will see a msg saying file has been added to Downloads.
18. Go back to the FileSynced home screen by clicking Back Button on your Remote. Click Downloads
19. Wait until the file gets downloaded. Once downloaded, click the Install Button.
20. Choose INSTALL
9. Wait for the app to get installed on your device
10. Click DONE or OPEN
Great! Strix is now installed on your FireStick device.
How to Use Strix on FireStick
Strix like any other apps can be opened using these below-mentioned steps:
1. Press and hold your FireStick remote Home button for a few seconds. Select Apps icon when you see a list of options
2. Simply click the Strix Icon and launch it.
Set a pin for Parental control and click Submit. This is required as Strix also has Adult content.
Next, you will see a Disclaimer page. Click Okay.
This is a screenshot of Strix on FireStick:
Overview of Strix APK:
Strix has a simple homepage layout and doesn’t list any shows or movies on its homepage. Instead, you have to click on either of Live TV, Movies, TV shows, or Adult section to see the list of content on those respective sections.
The Bottom Menu Panel has 8 different options – Live TV, Movies, TV Shows, Adult, Apps, Watchlist, Settings, and Power. Surf your favorite live channels, movies, and TV shows from the Live TV, Movies, and TV Shows sections. All your watchlisted videos will be in the Watchlist section. The Apps section has a list of useful apps to download. Strix has Adult content which has Parental control settings to keep it out of reach from Kids. So, to unlock it, you have to enter the pin you set earlier while launching Strix. The Power Button will exit you from the Strix app
Settings also have 12 options. These are Internal Speed Test, Choose Default Player, Ad-free login, System Info, Clear Cache, Clear App data, Clear Watchlist, and more. There is also a Real Debrid-Login option and a Remove Adult Pin option in the Settings section. As the name suggests, Clear Cache, Clear App data, and Clear Watchlist are used to clear Cache, App data, and Watchlist respectively.
The Internal Speed Test option may not work properly on your Amazon device including FireStick or while using VPN.
Choose which external video player you want to use by going to Choose Default Player option.
You can remove the adult pin or change it with the Remove Adult Pin option. There is another option called Themes which is likely to be functional soon. This option will let you change the theme of the Strix app.
How to set up Real Debrid with Strix
We recommend you to log in to your Real Debrid Account on Strix to find better-quality links. Check out the steps to do it:
(Make sure you check our Real Debrid Guide for detailed information)
1. I am assuming you already have a Real Debrid account. If not, click HERE.
2. Launch the Strix app and click Settings from the bottom menu bar on the homepage.
3. Select Real Debrid -Login
4. You will find a verification code.
5. Use a browser on any other device and open the URL: https://real-debrid.com/device
6. Enter the code previously displayed on the Strix app and click Continue
7. If a notification pops up saying application allowed, the Real Debrid setup is complete.
Strix has plenty of interesting content which also includes Live Channels to keep you glued to your seat. It makes sure that users don’t need to compromise the video quality of the content by fetching high-definition quality video links from sources. If still not satisfied with the quality, you can also sign up for your Real Debrid Account with Strix, hence ensuring better quality. Try this app!
Mention your queries in the comment box and we will be happy to help you.
Hi, I am Alyssa! I am a tech enthusiast and a blogger. I have been using Kodi and FireStick since 2016. I wanted to share my latest tech discoveries and knowledge with the World, which led me to start this blog in 2021. I post in-depth how-to guides for FireStick devices & Kodi in a way that is easy to understand for people of all ages. Thanks for stopping by!