Today, I will share with you the steps to install The Crew Kodi Addon. You can use the same steps to install it on every device that supports Kodi, including FireStick devices, Smart TVs, PCs, Tablets, Smartphones, etc. I will also tell you how to integrate Real Debrid & Trakt with the Crew Addon.
|Compatibility||Kodi 19 Matrix & Kodi 18 Leia|
|Type of Addon||All-in-one|
|Content||Movies, TV shows, Sports, Kids, Stand Up Comedy, 1 Clicks|
|Premium Sources||Real Debrid, All Debrid, Premiumize, Linksnappy, MegaDebrid|
The Crew addon is a fantabulous Kodi addon that belongs to the All-in-one category. It works with all Kodi versions that also include Kodi 18 Leia and Kodi 19 Matrix.
One of the reasons for its huge popularity is because The Crew Kodi add-on offers tons of TV shows and movies. Apart from that, it also has hundreds of IPTV channels for live streaming. This addon also has other separate content categories like Sports, Kids, Stand Up Comedy, 1 Clicks (Watch content with a single click), etc.
It also provides multiple streaming links for content to reduce the chances of any dead link. The Crew Kodi add-on also supports linking of Trakt for syncing your media. Other than that, it also supports integration of Real Debrid, AllDebrid, Premiumize, Linksnappy, MegaDebrid, etc. for fetching high-quality streaming links.
If you would like to install Kodi on your device, you may get it using our guide: How to install Kodi 19 Matrix & Kodi 18 Leia
How to Install The Crew Kodi Addon
Look at the steps below for installation of The Crew Kodi Addon. You can easily follow these steps and install this addon within a minute.
1. Allow Unknown Sources within Kodi
The Crew Kodi add-on is still not listed in the official Kodi repository. Hence, this addon needs to be installed from a third-party source. But to install any add-on on Kodi from unknown sources, you have to enable installation of add-on from Unknown Sources first. Let’s do it:
1. Open Kodi .
2. From the left corner on the top of the Kodi home screen, select Gear Icon (Settings)
3. Hit System
4. Then, click Add-ons from the menu panel on the left side. On the right side, you will find Unknown Sources option. Enable it by clicking.
5. Read this before proceeding. It says the Add-ons will be given access to personal data stored on your device. Now, if you do not want your personal data accessed by third-party add-ons, it is important to use a reliable VPN like ExpressVPN while streaming through a third-party Add-on.
Read this before proceeding.
It says the Add-ons will be given access to personal data stored on your device.
Now, if you do not want your personal data accessed by third-party add-ons, it is important to use a reliable VPN like ExpressVPN while streaming through a third-party Add-on.
Select Yes to proceed, when you see a warning notification like this.
2. Install Repository Containing The Crew Kodi Addon
GitHub is the site hosting the official repository for The Crew Kodi add-on. So, let’s check out the steps for downloading and installing this repository on Kodi:
1. Once again from the Kodi Homescreen, select Settings (Gear Icon)
2. Click on File Manager option
3. The Add Source option is present on both screen sides. Select it from any side.
4. Click on <None>
5. Type the URL given below:
Hit OK after typing the URL correctly.
6. Now, you have to give a name to this source so you can identify it later easily. In my case, I have given the name Crew. Select OK.
7. Again, you have to hit OK.
8. Head back to Settings screen by clicking your FireStick remote’s back button and then select the option Add-ons
9. Hit the option Install From Zip File.
10. When you see a notification about the auto-update feature for third party add-on on Kodi 19 Matrix, click Yes
11. Now, select the name of the source you have given earlier. Since I have named my source Crew, I will select it.
12. Open repository.thecrew-y.y.y.zip
(Here y.y.y is the latest version number)
13. Now, you have to wait till you see a message notifying you that installation is complete.
3. Install The Crew Kodi Addon
After installation of the repository, you will be able to download The Crew Kodi add-on and install it from this repository. Check the steps:
1. Select the option Install From Repository which you will find on the Addons page.
2. Hit The CREW REPO
3. Open the option Video add-ons.
4. Select The Crew from the available list.
5. From the bottom right corner, select Install.
6. Hit OK for allowing the installation of all the associated add-ons.
7. The Crew addon will initiate the downloading process first and then it will install.
8. A confirmation message of The Crew Kodi add-on installation complete will pop up.
Voila! Now you can enjoy the services of The Crew Kodi Addon.
How to Use The Crew Addon on Kodi
We have to open The Crew Kodi Addon first to use it. Check out the steps:
1. From the left corner of the Homescreen of Kodi, select the option Add-ons
2. If you have fewer add-ons installed, you will see The Crew Kodi add-on icon right away. You can directly click it to open it. But if you have many add-ons installed, click the option Video add-ons
3. Select The Crew for launching it.
Here is the homescreen of The Crew Kodi add-on:
Overview – The Crew Kodi Addon
The Crew Kodi add-on has 11 different sections on the homepage. These are:
- TV Shows
- Stand up Comedy
- 1 Clicks
- CC Collections
- Additional Addons
Every section has also sub-sections. For instance, the Movies section has many sub-sections like My Movies, Box Office, Oscar Winners, Most Popular, New Movies, etc.
Performing Search on The Crew Kodi add-on is also easy. Check the steps:
1. Select Search after you reach the Crew home screen.
2. It has four options – Movies, TV Shows, People- Movies, and People- TV Shows. Click one of them according to your choice.
3. Hit New Search
4. Type the name of the content you are searching for.
The Tools section has options to manage Settings, Real Debrid, Trakt, Premiumize, clear cache and providers, etc.
To open Settings on The Crew, follow these steps:
1. After opening The Crew Kodi add-on, select Tools
2. You will see 6 separate Settings options. These are:
Settings: General, Settings: Navigation, Settings: Playback, Settings: Providers, Settings: Accounts, and Settings: Subtitles
Click any one of these.
3. On clicking the Settings, you will see a lot of other options on the left hand side. They are:
General – Change info language and Provider language and more.
Navigation – Option to customize categorization of Movies, TV Shows, and other content.
Playback – manage video quality and set provider timeout.
Trakt – Manage Trakt
Providers – Choose which providers you want
Real-Debrid Providers – Select which Real-Debrid providers you want
Torrent Providers – Choose which Torrent providers you want
Accounts – Manage Furk.net, Easynews, TMDv accounts
Library – Manage content settings
Downloads – Enable downloads for Movies and TV shows.
Subtitles – Enable Subtitles and change subtitle language
Debugging – Enable debug.
How to Use Real Debrid with The Crew Kodi Addon
If you integrate Real Debrid with The Crew Kodi add-on, you will be able to get better quality working links.
Note: You can read our article on Real Debrid to get more information.
1. I am assuming you have a Real Debrid account already. If you don’t have one, get it from HERE.
2. Select Tools after launching The Crew Kodi addon.
3. Click the option RESOLVEURL: Settings
4. Choose Universal Resolvers from the left side panel.
Scroll and head to the Real-Debrid Section and hit (Re)Authorise My Account
5. You will see a verification code
6. Go to https://real-debrid.com/device with the help of a browser. ( Log in to your Real Debrid account with appropriate credentials if asked)
7. Type the verification code and then click Continue
8. A confirmatory notification stating the application is allowed will pop up.
Now, you can see Real Debrid links when you open any content on The Crew Kodi add-on.
You can differentiate the normal links, premium links, and cached torrent links by color. Normal links are white, premium links are pink in color while cached torrent links are purple.
How to Use Trakt with The Crew Kodi Addon
The Trakt feature on The Crew Kodi add-on will help you sync your media across devices. Here’s how you can integrate it :
To learn more about Trakt, please visit our guide: How to Set Up Trakt on FireStick & Kodi
I am assuming you have a Trakt account already. If you don’t have one, go to Trakt.tv and create one.
1. Select Tools after launching The Crew Kodi addon.
2. Hit TRAKT: Authorize
3. You will see a verification code now.
4. Go to https://trakt.tv/activate with the help of a browser. ( Log in to your Trakt account with appropriate credentials if asked)
5. Type the verification code when prompted and then click Continue
6. Choose Yes to authorize.
The Crew Kodi addon is definitely worth installing owing to all the content it offers along with all the superb features. What impresses me the most is that it not only offers VOD content but it also offers IPTV channels.
The features like Real Debrid and Trakt are a real deal. And most importantly, new content is added regularly on this add-on. Hence, you can just relax and enjoy both old and new content on this add-on. No need to go somewhere else in search of content. Give it a try!
Hi, I am Alyssa! I am a tech enthusiast and a blogger. I have been using Kodi and FireStick since 2016. I wanted to share my latest tech discoveries and knowledge with the World, which led me to start this blog in 2021. I post in-depth how-to guides for FireStick devices & Kodi in a way that is easy to understand for people of all ages. Thanks for stopping by!