We’ve got the steps you need to know to install The Oath Kodi Addon. These steps work equally well on all other Kodi-supported devices, namely FireStick, Fire Cubes, Android TVs, Computers, mobiles, and more. We will also go over the Real debrid & Trakt integration methods within the Oath Addon.
|Compatibility||Kodi 19 Matrix & Kodi 18 Leia|
|Type of Addon||Video-on-demand|
|Content||Movies, TV shows|
|Premium Sources||Real Debrid, All Debrid, Premiumize|
The Oath is a fairly new Kodi addon that is considered to be an Exodus fork. This addon is compatible with all versions of Kodi including Kodi 19 Matrix and Kodi 18 Leia.
The Oath allows you to stream thousands of movies and TV shows in various genres.
In addition, The Oath Kodi addon has multiple scrapers and also uses its own scraper called TheOath Scrapers. You can expect to find many working links for the movies and shows.
The Oath has earned a place on our Best Kodi Addons list.
If you would like to install Kodi on your device, you may get it using our guide: How to install Kodi 19 Matrix & Kodi 18 Leia
How to Install The Oath Kodi Addon
The installation method is simple and is divided into 3 easy parts for your convenience. Please follow all the steps carefully to get The Oath Kodi Addon on your device.
1. Allow Unknown Sources within Kodi
Since TheOath add-on cannot be installed via the official Kodi repository, we need to install it from an external source. Kodi, by default, does not allow the installation of third-party addons such as TheOath. If you are installing an unofficial addon on Kodi for the first time, you must allow the installation of unofficial or third-party add-ons on Kodi. Here is how:
1. Run Kodi App on the device of your choosing
2. Then, navigate over to the upper left side of the screen and click Settings (Gear Icon)
3. From the following options, click System
4. Select Add-ons on the left menu pane. Now on the right part of the screen, click the toggle switch for Unknown Sources
5. You will see a Warning on screen. Read this before proceeding.
It says the Add-ons will be given access to personal data stored on your device.
Now, if you do not want your personal data accessed by third-party add-ons, it is important to use a reliable VPN like ExpressVPN while streaming through a third-party Add-on.
Click Yes on the prompt.
2. Install Repository Containing The Oath Kodi Addon
Host505 is the official repository for The Oath add-on. We will now download and install this repository Kodi first. Please follow the steps given below:
1. Return to the Kodi home screen & click Settings (Gear Icon) once more.
2. Open File Manager
3. Click Add Source on either side of the screen
4. Click <None> on the new dialog box
5. Enter the following URL correctly:
Check for typos. When you are ready, click OK
6. Give this source an identifiable name. I am calling it Oath. You may use any name that you prefer. Hit OK.
7. Hit OK again
8. Return to the Settings screen and this time, go to Add-ons
9. Click Install From Zip File.
10. On Kodi 19 Matrix, you will encounter a notification about the Third-party addon’s auto-update feature. Select Yes to proceed
11. Click the source name (Oath in our case) you entered previously.
12. Click repository.host505-x.x.zip (x =the version number)
13. Wait until you can see host505 Repo installed message pop up on the upper-right corner.
Please note that it is the repository that has been installed, we are going to install the addon in the next section.
3. Install Oath Kodi Addon
Now that the repo is installed, we can now download and install The Oath add-on from this repo. Here are the steps:
1. From the Addons page, click Install From Repository.
2. Click host505 repo
3. Go to Video add-ons.
4. From the list of addons available under host505 Repo, click TheOath
5. Click Install at the lower right side of Kodi screen.
6. Allow installation of additional dependencies by clicking OK
7. The Oath addon will first download and then install.
8. Wait till you see TheOath Add-on installed message pop up on the top-right side of the screen
Awesome! The Oath Kodi Addon is now successfully installed on your Kodi
But before you start streaming your favorite content with Kodi Addons & Builds, please keep in mind that everything you stream on Kodi can be seen by the Government through your Internet Service Provider. Now, if you end up streaming copyrighted TV shows, Movies, Sports, or Live TV (knowingly or unknowingly), you could get tangled in serious legal issues.
We do not condone or endorse streaming illegal/copyrighted content. However, it’s not always easy to tell difference between legal and illegal content sources online.
Luckily, you can hide your online activity with the help of a reliable VPN service. A good Kodi VPN will mask your original identifying IP Address [show_ip]. It will also help you bypass geo-restrictions & ISP throttling, which will allow you to stream everything without buffering.
I use ExpressVPN and recommend it to my friends & family. It offers blazing fast speed and utmost security online. It also has a zero-logs policy and dedicated apps for all kinds of devices and platforms including FireStick and Fire TVs.
ExpressVPN also offers 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee (no questions asked), although we don’t think you’ll ever want one.
So before streaming on Kodi, here’s how you can set up ExpressVPN for Kodi on any device:
Step 1. First of all, Sign Up for ExpressVPN HERE
You can save 49% on the yearly plan and also get 3 Months absolutely free.
Step 2. To install the ExpressVPN app on your device, click HERE. You can use the app on 5 devices simultaneously.
If you'd like to download the app on FireStick you'll find the instructions below.
Step 3. Sign in with your login credential that you created while signing up for ExpressVPN.
Step 4. Click the Power Button to connect to a VPN server. That's it! Anything you stream on this device will now be anonymous.
Steps to connect to ExpressVPN on FireStick:
These are the steps to install Kodi VPN on FireStick devices.
If you have any other streaming device, please go to its respective appstore and download the ExpressVPN app. ExpressVPN has dedicated app for nearly all devices.
Step 1. Sign Up for ExpressVPN HERE, if you haven't already.
Step 2. Navigate to the Find Icon on your FireStick home screen.
Step 3. Now, go to the Search option
Step 4. Enter the word ExpressVPN using the onscreen keypad and select it from the Search results.
Step 5. Now, click the ExpressVPN icon under Apps & Games section
Step 6. Click on Get /Download and wait for it to install on your FireStick
Step 7. Click Open to launch the ExpressVPN app
Step 8. Enter your login credentials that you used when you registered for ExpressVPN. And click Sign In
Step 9. Choose a server location of your choice and click the Power Icon to connect to the server.
Once connected to ExpressVPN, your IP address will change automatically. You can verify this by checking the IP address data above after refreshing this page. This means your Internet activities are now anonymous and anything you stream on this device is safe from the prying eyes.
For the full review of ExpressVPN, check out our detailed ExpressVPN Review guide.
How to Use The Oath Addon on Kodi
First of all, let’s access The Oath Kodi Addon. Please follow the steps:
1. Go to Kodi’s home screen. Click Add-ons on the left menu pane
2. On the next screen, click Video add-ons
3. Click The Oath icon to launch it on Kodi
Below we have a screenshot of the home screen of The Oath Kodi add-on:
Overview – The Oath Kodi Addon
As you can see, there are 8 categories on the home screen. They include:
- TV Shows
- My Movies
- My TV Shows
- New Movies
- New Episodes
Many categories have sub-categories as well.
The Search feature can be used to look for specific movies or shows. Here’s how you can use it:
1. Click Search. It has the quite a few options.
2. Let’s say you want to look for a movie. Click Movies (choose TV shows if you want to find a TV show)
3. Click New Search
4. Enter the movie name and perform a search
The Tools section has quite a few useful features including Settings, Real-Debrid, Trakt, and more.
Here’s how you open Settings on TheOath:
1. From the main menu, open Tools
2. Click The Oath: Settings.
It has 10 categories:
General – change language and other general settings.
Playback – change playback settings and provider timeout options.
Source Filters – Adjust filters and options for scrapping sources
Providers – Manage providers. Since The Oath uses its own scraper(OathScrapers), it uses that by default
Trakt – Manage your Trakt account, enable scrobbling, and more.
Accounts – Manage Debrid accounts and more
Library – Organize your movies & shows
Downloads – Enable file downloading within The Oath.
Subtitles – Automatically download subtitles (In order to use it, you must sign in with OpenSubtitles credentials).
How to Use Real Debrid with The Oath Kodi Addon
Free hosting sites often restrict availability & bandwidth for free users. You can overcome this by using premium hoster services like Real Debrid. It gives you unlimited access to many hosters as well as cached torrents. It also improves the quality & quantity of sources for a minimal fee.
The Oath supports both free and premium sources. Please bear in mind that free sources often have lower video quality than the premium ones. They are also prone to buffering errors.
To learn more about Real debrid, please visit our guide How to set up Real Debrid on Kodi
1. Before we start, to get yourself a Real Debrid account (if you don’t have it yet), click HERE
2. From TheOath Kodi addon’s main menu, click Tools
3. Select RESOLVEURL: Settings
4. Select Universal Resolvers on the left pane. Then, under the Real-Debrid category, click (Re)Authorise My Account
5. A code should pop-up on screen
6. Use a web browser and visit https://real-debrid.com/device (At this point, you will require to log in to your Real Debrid account if you are not logged in already)
7. Enter the authorization code and click Continue
8. Once authorized, you will notice the Application allowed notification on the browser
9. Head back to The Oath addon. Pick an episode or movie and stream like you normally do. You should have access to premium sources now.
In TheOath Kodi addon, free links are displayed in white, whereas the premium sources are shown in orange color.
How to Use Trakt with The Oath Kodi Addon
Trakt allows you to organize and keep track of TV shows and movies you watch. It is a free service.
Note: The Oath has the scrobbling feature, therefore using the official Trakt add-on is optional with this addon. Scrobbling allows automatic tracking of your watchlist.
To learn more about Trakt, please visit our guide: How to Set Up Trakt on FireStick & Kodi
Here’s how you use Trakt with The Oath
1. Visit the Trakt.tv website, get a Trakt account.
2. From TheOath Kodi addon’s main menu, click Tools
3. Select TRAKT: Authorise
4. A code should pop up on screen
5. Use a web browser and visit https://trakt.tv/activate (At this point, you will require to log in to your Trakt account if you are not logged in already)
6. Enter the authorization code and click Continue
7. Click Yes to link Trakt with The Oath
If do not use the official Trakt add-on, here’s what you need to do:
1. From the main menu, open Tools
2. Click The Oath: Settings.
3. Select Trakt on the left pane. Then, click the toggle for Enable scrobbling
4. Change Set Resume Point to Trakt Scrobbles. Hit OK
The Oath Kodi addon has gained immense popularity within a short period of time. It was the first addon to migrate to Kodi 19 Matrix. You can stream loads of movies and TV shows with this add-on. The Real-Debrid setup feature will allow you to enjoy premium links. Try this add-on today!
If you have further questions, drop them in the comments section below.
Hi, I am Alyssa! I am a tech enthusiast and a blogger. I have been using Kodi and FireStick since 2016. I wanted to share my latest tech discoveries and knowledge with the World, which led me to start this blog in 2021. I post in-depth how-to guides for FireStick devices & Kodi in a way that is easy to understand for people of all ages. Thanks for stopping by!