The Promise is a fork or clone of the popular but now defunct Addon, The Oath. In this article, we are going to discuss the installation method for The Promise Kodi Addon.
All Kodi-supported devices including FireSticks, Android Smartphones, PCs, etc. follow the same method.
Moreover, we will also tell you how to link Real Debrid & Trakt with The Promise Addon.
|Amazon FireStick, Fire TV, Android TV, Android Mobiles, Tablets, iOS, Chromecast with Google TV, Nvidia Shield, Roku, Mi Box, Windows, Mac Computer and more
|Type of Addon
|Movies, TV shows
|Real Debrid, All Debrid, Premiumize
The Promise addon is a brilliant video streaming add-on for Kodi. This add-on seems to be the successor of the popular The Oath Kodi add-on that is currently not working. The interface of this add-on is also almost identical.
It has hundreds of movies & TV shows in its library, both old and new. Fresh contents are also added regularly. It categorizes & sorts content by genres, airing date, actors, popularity, etc. This helps users to find their preferred content easily.
Although it is relatively new, The Promise Kodi add-on makes a debut in our Best Kodi add-ons list. This is because it packs enough content and sufficient features to compete with the present Top Kodi addons.
Haven’t installed Kodi yet? Read our article for detailed instructions: Install Kodi on your device
How to Install The Promise Kodi Addon
I will tell you the steps for The Promise Kodi add-on installation in a simple way. This will allow the users to follow the steps easily. Let’s learn the steps:
1. Allow Unknown Sources within Kodi
The official Kodi repository doesn’t host The Promise Kodi add-on. Therefore, you can install it only from third-party sources. But, add-on installation on Kodi from third-party sources is generally disabled. And hence, requires to be enabled. Let’s see how to do it:
1. Launch Kodi.
2. Hit Gear Icon (Settings) that is right next to the Power icon on Kodi Home page.
3. Select System.
4. From the left side, select Add-ons. Then from right side, click Unknown Sources to turn it on.
5. A warning message can be seen next.
Read this before proceeding.
It says the Add-ons will be given access to personal data stored on your device.
Now, if you do not want your personal data accessed by third-party add-ons, it is important to use a reliable VPN like ExpressVPN while streaming through a third-party Add-on.
2. Install Repository Containing The Promise Kodi Addon
The WareHouse Repository hosts The Promise Kodi add-on. Hence, we will install The WareHouse Repository first. And then, we can install The Promise Add-on on Kodi from it.
Let’s learn how to install The WareHouse repo on Kodi:
1. Hit Gear Icon ( Settings) again from Kodi Home page.
2. Choose File Manager file.
3. Locate Add Source option and click it.
4. Hit <None>
5. Carefully type the URL that is mentioned below:
6. I am naming the source TWHrepo for identifying it quickly. You can choose a different name though. Then, select OK.
7. Hit OK again.
8. Hit the Esc/Back button to return to the previous menu. Then select Add-ons.
9. Hit Install From Zip File
10. You will get to know that this repo doesn’t get updated automatically. Select Yes and proceed further.
11. Then, select the source name (TWHrepo).
12. Hit repository.thewarehouse-y.y.y.zip
y.y.y represents the version number here.
13. You will see a notification as soon as the repo installation is finished.
3. Install The Promise Kodi Addon
The last thing you need to do is the installation of The Promise Kodi Addon from The WareHouse repository. Let’s learn the installation steps:
1. Choose Install From Repository.
2. Hit The WareHouse Repository.
3. Select Video add-ons.
4. Choose ThePromise option from the addons list.
5. Hit Install button.
6. Allow installation of associated add-ons by clicking OK.
7. The Promise Kodi addon installation will begin.
8. You will see a notification as soon as The Promise Kodi add-on installation is finished.
Voila! Now, start streaming your favorites on The Promise add-on on Kodi.
How to Use The Promise Addon on Kodi
Let me quickly give a brief overview on how to launch and use The Promise Kodi Addon. Let’s see the steps:
1. Navigate to Kodi Home page. Then, hit Add-ons.
2. Click the icon of The Promise Kodi add-on to launch it if the icon can be spotted. Otherwise, select Video add-ons.
3. Select The Promise from the given addons list for opening it.
This is how The Promise Kodi add-on Home page looks like:
Overview – The Promise Kodi Addon
The Promise Kodi add-on Main Page has 9 sections. They are:
- My Movies
- New Movies
- TV Shows
- My TV Shows
- New Episodes
Most of the sections have their own sub-sections. For example, Movies section has sub-sections like Genres, Year, Decade, Languages, Most Popular, Highly Rated, etc.
TV Shows section has sub-sections like Genres, People Watching, Airing Today, Most Voted, etc.
Your favorite/saved TV shows & Movies will be listed in My TV Shows and My Movies sections. Similarly, you will find all the new episodes of TV Shows and all new movies in New Episodes and New Movies sections.
The People section categorizes all the movies and shows done by different actors and actresses.
The Search tool in The Promise Kodi add-on helps in finding content easily.
The Tool section allows us to clear its cache, manage Playback settings, and also Debrid account settings.
How to Use Real Debrid with The Promise Kodi Addon
The Promise Kodi Addon can link your Real Debrid account to get HD links for content. Let’s learn how to link Real Debrid with The Promise Kodi add-on.
Check our Real Debrid article for more details
1. Get a Real-Debrid account from HERE.
2. Launch The Promise Kodi Addon & click Tools
3. Hit ResolveURL : Settings
4. From the left panel, select Universal Resolvers. And from the right panel, scroll down to the Real-Debrid part & then choose (Re)Authorise My Account.
5. Then, you will find an authorization code.
6. Visit https://real-debrid.com/device using a browser. And log in to your Real Debrid account.
7. Type the authorization code. Hit Continue.
8. Application-allowed notification will pop up after a few moments.
Close The Promise Kodi add-on now. And, then restart it. Open any content and you will find RD links marked in distinguished color along with free links.
How to Use Trakt with The Promise Kodi Addon
The Promise Kodi Addon can link your Trakt account to sync media across your devices. Let’s learn how to link Trakt with The Promise Kodi add-on:
For a detailed overview, read our Trakt article
1. Visit Trakt.tv to get a Trakt account
2. Launch The Promise Kodi addon & select Tools.
3. Hit Trakt : Authorise option.
4. You will find an authorization code.
5. Visit https://trakt.tv/activate using a browser. And, log in to your Trakt account.
6. Type the authorization code. Then, click Continue.
7. Select Yes to complete the authorization process.
Although The Promise Kodi addon is quite new in the streaming market, it has got a lot of potential when it comes to streaming. It packs enough content in its library to keep the viewers happy and satisfied.
Try this add-on and let us know your streaming experience with it.
Hi, I am Alyssa! I am a tech enthusiast and a blogger. I have been using Kodi and FireStick since 2016. I wanted to share my latest tech discoveries and knowledge with the World, which led me to start this blog in 2021. I post in-depth how-to guides for FireStick devices & Kodi in a way that is easy to understand for people of all ages. Thanks for stopping by!