Today, we are going to learn the installation method of TVMob on FireStick. This method can also be used on other similar FireStick and Android products.
|Supported Devices||Amazon FireStick, Android TV, Android Mobiles, Tablets, Chromecast with Google TV, Nvidia Shield, Roku, Mi TV Stick, TiVo Stream 4K|
|Type of App||Live TV|
|Content||News, Entertainment, Movies, Music, Sports, Documentary, Kids, Food|
|External Video Player Support|
TVMob (previously: TVTap) is a fantastic application facilitating live TV streaming. This app has an elegant design. The interface is kept neat and clean to make it user-friendly. This app refreshes their channel links periodically to make sure every channel works.
TVMob offers a bucketful of channels, especially from 10 different countries. These countries include United States, United Kingdom, France, Germany, Italy, Netherlands, Portugal, Spain, and many more.
It currently supports two video players – Go Player and MX Player. This app has its share of advertisements but you can remove them by sharing your idle resources.
If you want to stream live TV channels without buying a cable TV subscription, you should consider installing TVMob. It is also a part of our Best Live TV Apps list.
If TVTAP or TVMOB isn’t working for you, check out our list of Best TVTAP/TVMOB Alternatives.
How to Install TVMob on FireStick
We have divided the installation procedure into three easy segments. Check the steps and learn how to install TVMob on FireStick:
1. Install Downloader App
TVMob is yet to be listed in Amazon App Store. So, we will use Downloader to sideload it from the official website of TVMob instead. Let’s install Downloader so that we can proceed to the next step:
For a better understanding, you may also read our guide on How to install Downloader on FireStick
1. On the middle menu bar of FireStick Home screen, you will see Find. Click it.
2. If you look closely, you will also a Search icon below. Click it now.
3. Type Downloader now. When you see suggestions of Downloader, click on it.
4. Select Downloader icon.
5. Click Get. (If you have previously installed Downloader, click Download)
6. We will now wait for Downloader to install.
7. Hit Open after complete installation.
8. We will now give Downloader permission access by clicking Allow.
9. A Quick Start Guide will appear. Read it to know how to operate Downloader. For skipping the Quick Start Guide, select OK.
2. Turn ON Install Unknown Apps Features
When you install any apps from Amazon Store, you don’t have to give your FireStick other permission access. But for third party apps, you have to give FireStick access to install unknown apps from other sources. TVMob, being a third party app, can’t be installed if you don’t turn the Install Unknown Apps Feature on. We will do it now:
1. Head to the Home-screen of FireStick and click Settings.
2. Now, select My Fire TV
3. Then, hit Developer Options
💡Note: Can’t find Developer Options? Go to: Settings > My Fire TV > About. Repeatedly select the first menu item 7 times. The message "No need, you are already a developer" will appear. Go back to the My Fire TV menu to find the newly revealed "Developer Options". Check out our guide with screenshots and video tutorial: How to Unhide/Reveal Developer Options.
4. Click where it says Install Unknown Apps
Note: Some FireSticks have Apps from Unknown Sources instead. Click this option and select Turn ON. No need to follow the next step.
5. Now, we have to click Downloader icon to turn the option ON.
3. Install TVMob on FireStick
After we have enabled Install Unknown Apps, we can now sideload TVMob with Downloader and install it on FireStick. So, let us download TVMob and install it:
1. Press and hold the Home Button on your FireStick remote for a couple of seconds. Select Apps.
2. Click Downloader to open it.
3. Select the URL field on Downloader Home-screen.
4. Type the TVMob URL:
(It’s the official site of TVMob)
Note: Instead of URL, you may also choose to enter the Downloader code for TVMob: 955315
5. Now you will reach the official website of TVMob. Hit DOWNLOAD NOW
6. Click Download Version Y.Y for FIRESTICK,ANDROID BOXES (Y.Y here denotes the recent version number of the app)
7. TVMob download will start.
8. Click INSTALL when downloading is finished.
9. Wait. It will take less than a minute for the installation to finish.
10. Select DONE.
11. Since FireStick device has limited space, we will remove the APK file of TVMob post the installation process. Select Delete for doing that.
12. We will again select Delete to confirm the same.
That’s All! You have successfully installed TVMob on your device.
How to use TVMob on FireStick
We will launch TVMob after its installation is complete. Let’s first open TVMob app:
1. Take your FireStick remote. Press and hold its Home Button for 5 seconds or so. Now click Apps.
2. Select TVMob and click it for launching the app.
Note: In case there is a new update available on the app, you will be asked to update the app. Click Update then. And follow the on-screen prompts to install the update.
Here is a look at TVMob on FireStick:
Overview of TVMob:
TVMob has three icons on the top corner of the Home section. These are Search Icon, Globe Icon, and Hamburger Menu.
You can manually find channels using the Search Icon.
The Globe Icon is to filter channels according to the country of origin or the broadcasting country. Hamburger Menu has some category filters and tools. The Category filters are Entertainment, Movies, Music, News, Sports, Documentary, Kids, and Food.
Other than that, it has other options- Schedule, Favorite, Settings, and About. With the Schedule option, you can check the timing of upcoming events and shows which will be streamed on your favorite channels.
All the channels that you have bookmarked will be displayed in the Favorite Section.
About Section has information about TVMob.
The Settings section has mainly Player Settings, Display Settings, and Language Settings.
In the Player Settings, you can Select Player (MX Player or Go Player). Go Player is selected by default, which also works smoothly with TVMob.
TVMob has sorted channels according to various categories to help you find channels with ease. These categories are Entertainment, Music, Movies, Food, Kids, News, and more. The app lets you easily bookmark your favorite channels to find them quickly when you want to stream. You can also see the recent streaming schedule of shows and live events with this app.
It’s a decent app to stream Live TV, make sure you give it a try!
Tell us what you think about this app in the comment box. You may also drop your questions regarding the app should you have any!
- Best TVTAP/TVMOB Alternatives
- How to Install KlowdTV on FireStick
- How to install HD Streamz on FireStick
Hi, I am Alyssa! I am a tech enthusiast and a blogger. I have been using Kodi and FireStick since 2016. I wanted to share my latest tech discoveries and knowledge with the World, which led me to start this blog in 2021. I post in-depth how-to guides for FireStick devices & Kodi in a way that is easy to understand for people of all ages. Thanks for stopping by!