Umbrella is a new on-demand Kodi addon. You can follow the instructions given in this to install the Umbrella Kodi Addon on a FireStick.
The same procedures apply to all other Kodi-compatible devices, including Fire TV Cubes, Android TVs, computers, smartphones, and more.
Additionally, we will show you the integration process of Real Debrid & Trakt within the Umbrella Addon.
|Supported Devices||Amazon FireStick, Fire TV, Android TV, Android Mobiles, Tablets, iOS, Chromecast with Google TV, Nvidia Shield, Roku, Mi Box, Windows, Mac Computer and more|
|Type of Addon||Video-on-demand|
|Content||Movies, TV shows|
|Premium Sources||Real Debrid, All Debrid, Premiumize, EasyNews, Furk, and more|
Umbrella add-on is a clone or fork of the popular Venom add-on, which no longer works. It gives you access to a wide variety of TV shows and movies.
It makes use of Coco Scrapers. This provider package is also used by the FEN addon.
To use the Umbrella addon, you must integrate it with a premium account such as Real Debrid, Premiumize, or All Debrid.
Umbrella also offers Trakt support, subtitles support, library integration, file downloads, auto-playback, and more.
Umbrella has earned a place on our Best Kodi Addons list.
If you would like to install Kodi on your device, you may get it using our guide: How to install Kodi on FireStick.
How to Install Umbrella Kodi Addon
The installation process is straightforward and is broken down into three simple parts. To install the Umbrella Kodi Addon on your device, please carefully follow all the instructions below:
1. Allow Unknown Sources within Kodi
We must install the Umbrella add-on from an external source because it cannot be installed through the official Kodi repository.
By design, Kodi forbids the installation of add-ons from third parties like Umbrella. You must allow the installation of unofficial or third-party add-ons on Kodi. The steps are as follows:
1. Open the Kodi application on your preferred device.
2. Then, navigate to the top left corner of the display and click Gear Icon ⚙️.
3. Select System from the list of choices.
4. On the menu bar on the left, choose Add-ons. Click the toggle switch for Unknown Sources now on the right side of the screen.
5. A warning will appear on the screen.
Read this before proceeding.
It says the Add-ons will be given access to personal data stored on your device.
Now, if you do not want your personal data accessed by third-party add-ons, it is important to use a reliable VPN like ExpressVPN while streaming through a third-party Add-on.
2. Install Repository Containing Umbrella Kodi Addon
Next, we will install the Umbrella repository for Kodi. Please follow the instructions below:
1. Click Gear Icon ⚙️ once more when you are back on the Kodi home screen.
2. Hit File Manager.
3. On either side of the screen, click Add Source.
4. Choose <None> on the dialog box.
5. Enter the following URL:
💡Quick Tip: Typing this using the FireStick on-screen keyboard can be a real pain. Use the Fire TV Remote App to type faster and easier.
Check for mistakes. Click OK when you are ready.
6. Give this source a name that can be identified easily. I’ll call it Umbrella. Click OK.
7. Select OK.
8. Go back to the Settings screen and select Add-ons this time.
9. Click Install from zip file.
10. You will see a notification about the third-party addon’s auto-update feature. Choose Yes to continue.
11. Select the source name you previously typed (in my case, Umbrella).
12. Select repository.umbrella-x.x.xx.zip
13. Wait until you see the message “Umbrella Repo Add-on installed” appear in the top right corner.
3. Install Oath Kodi Addon
We can now download and install the Umbrella add-on from the Umbrella repo. Here are the steps:
1. Simply select Install from Repository on the Addons page.
2. Select Umbrella Repository.
3. Navigate to Video Add-ons.
4. Click Umbrella.
5. Click Install in the lower right corner.
6. Clicking OK will permit the installation of additional dependencies.
7. Kodi will download and install the Umbrella addon.
8. Wait until the message “Umbrella Add-on installed” appears in the upper right corner of the screen.
Awesome! You’ve now successfully installed the Umbrella Kodi Addon on Kodi.
How to Use Umbrella Addon on Kodi
Let’s first access the Umbrella Kodi Addon. Please do the following:
Go to the Kodi home page. Within the left menu pane, select Add-ons.
Click Video add-ons on the following display. Then, click the Umbrella icon on the right.
On your first launch, you will see a Changelog. Click the Back Button on your FireStick remote to close it.
Below is a screenshot of the home screen of the Umbrella Kodi add-on:
Overview – Umbrella Kodi Addon
There are 12 main Sections in Umbrella Addon
- Search Movies
- Search TV Shows
- Discover Movies
- Discover TV Shows
- My Movies
- My Tv Shows
- YouTube Videos
- Premium Services
- News Info
There are many helpful features in the Tools section, including Settings, Real-Debrid, Trakt, and others.
How to Use Real Debrid with Umbrella Kodi Addon
Umbrella addon requires premium hoster services like Real Debrid. You will get unrestricted access to numerous hosters and cached torrents. It also increases the quantity & quality of sources. Real debrid is available for a nominal fee and is worth it in my opinion.
Full Guide: How to Set Up Real Debrid
Here are the steps:
1. Click HERE to create a Real Debrid account if you don’t already have one.
2. Select Tools in the Umbrella Kodi addon’s main menu.
3. Click on SETTINGS: Accounts.
4. On the left pane, choose Accounts. In the middle, click Authorize under Real-Debrid.
5. You will see a code appear on the screen.
6. Visit https://real-debrid.com/device in a web browser (If you are prompted to log in to your Real Debrid account, please do so)
7. Click Continue after entering the authorization code.
8. Once approved, the browser will display the Application allowed notification.
Return to the Umbrella addon’s home screen and start playing your favorite. You will find lots of premium-quality links.
How to Use Trakt with Umbrella Kodi Addon
You can sync and keep track of your favorite movies and television shows using Trakt. It’s available for free. Your Trakt account can be integrated with Umbrella.
Full Guide: How to Set Up Trakt
Here are the steps to integrate Trakt with the Umbrella add-on:
1. Create a Trakt account by going to Trakt.tv website.
2. Click Tools in the Umbrella Kodi addon’s main menu.
3. Choose SETTINGS: Trakt.
4. On the left pane, choose Trakt. In the middle, click Authorize…
5. There should be a code displayed on the screen.
6. Visit https://trakt.tv/activate in a web browser (Login to your Trakt account if prompted)
7. Click Continue after entering the authorization code.
8. To connect Trakt with Umbrella, select Yes.
There’s one more thing you can do if you do not use the official Trakt addon- it is to enable scrobbling on Umbrella. The automated method of tracking your watched videos on Trakt is called scrobbling. This step can be skipped if you’re using the official Trakt add-on.
Note: For this feature to work, you must authorize Trakt with Umbrella add-on first using the steps provided above.
Here are the steps:
1. Under Trakt settings, scroll down and switch ON the Enable scrobble option.
2. Changed the Set Resume Point to Trakt Scrobbles. Hit OK.
To access your collection, lists, and other Trakt features, go to My Movies and My TV Shows on Umbrella’s main menu.
Enable Subtitles on Umbrella Addon
You can also enable auto-subtitles in the Umbrella add-on. If you wish to get other subtitles, please check our guide: How to Enable Subtitles in Kodi.
Here are the steps to enable subtitles in the Umbrella add-on:
1. Go to Tools.
2. Select SETTINGS: Subtitles.
3. Activate this Enable Subtitles option to enable automatic subtitles on Umbrella.
Within a short time, the Umbrella Kodi addon has experienced tremendous growth in popularity. With this add-on, you can stream a ton of movies and TV shows. You need to integrate a premium hoster such as Real-Debrid to stream content but you won’t have to spend hours sifting through dead links.
Please leave your questions in the comments section below, if you have any.
Hi, I am Alyssa! I am a tech enthusiast and a blogger. I have been using Kodi and FireStick since 2016. I wanted to share my latest tech discoveries and knowledge with the World, which led me to start this blog in 2021. I post in-depth how-to guides for FireStick devices & Kodi in a way that is easy to understand for people of all ages. Thanks for stopping by!