If a build isn’t working properly, you can always uninstall it and replace it with one that does. In today’s guide, I will show you how to remove or uninstall a Kodi Build and reset Kodi to default settings.
The same steps can be employed on any other Kodi-compatible device, including FireStick, Android TVs, computers, mobile devices, and so on.
Kodi builds are a great way to glamorize Kodi. The default Kodi interface is pretty plain-looking, so if you prefer a different interface, Kodi Builds are the way to go. However, they are notorious for causing streaming errors and they often have outdated addons that do not work.
Kodi builds go belly-up all the time. When that happens, it’s always a good idea to remove that Kodi Build as it can take up a lot of storage space. It also poses a serious security risk.
How to Uninstall Kodi Builds on Any Device
I have included two step-by-step methods to uninstall unwanted Kodi builds. The first one is for FireStick/ Fire TV and Android TV devices. And the second method applies to Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, and other devices. Both these methods will reset Kodi and give it a fresh start.
💡Note: The methods provided here reset Kodi but don’t remove Kodi completely. With these methods, you won’t have to uninstall and reinstall Kodi.
All Kodi data will be erased once you employ any of the methods provided in this guide.
Uninstall Kodi Builds on FireStick
The following tutorial will walk you through the process to reset Kodi on a FireStick. Please follow the steps:
1. Navigate to the Settings (Gear icon) from the FireStick home screen.
2. Scroll down and select Applications
3. Go ahead and select Manage Installed Applications
4. Scroll down and choose Kodi.
5. Choose Clear data.
6. Then, choose Clear data again.
7. Restart the Kodi app, it should be back to how it was when you first installed it.
That’s all! Now, you can go ahead and install another Build or Kodi addons.
Uninstall Kodi Builds on Android Streaming Devices (NVIDIA Shield/ Android TV Box/ Chromecast with Google TV/ Mi Box)
The following tutorial will walk you through the process to reset Kodi on an NVIDIA Shield. These instructions, however, will work on Android TV boxes, MI Boxes, Google Chromecasts, and other similar devices. Let’s check the steps:
1. From the Home screen of your Android TV device, select Settings.
2. Now, select the Apps option
3. Select All Apps.
4. All of the apps that have been installed on your Android TV device will be listed here. Scroll down and click on the Kodi application.
5. Select the Clear Data option.
6. Click OK to confirm.
Uninstall Kodi Builds on Windows/Android/iOS/ Mac/Linux/tvOS
In this method, we are going to delete the Kodi userdata folder. This will, in turn, remove the Kodi build and reset Kodi on operating systems such as Windows, Android, iOS, Mac, Linux, tvOS, etc.
Note: The path may vary from device to device. If you are unable to locate this Kodi data folder on your device, consider uninstalling Kodi and then re-installing it.
Read: How to Install Kodi
💡Quick Tip: If you’ve installed Kodi from the Microsoft Store, you can simply locate the Kodi app in the Microsoft Store and then hit reset and your Kodi data will be erased.
Here are the steps to reset Kodi:
1. Navigate to the Kodi userdata folder. I have provided the path for various devices below:
2. Delete the entire Kodi folder. This Kodi folder contains all user data including builds, add-ons, etc.
3. Restart your Kodi app, and it should be back to factory defaults.
I hope you were able to uninstall the unwanted Kodi Build following this guide. Please choose a method depending on the device that you are using Kodi on.
If you have any problems uninstalling Kodi builds, please leave a comment below. We would be happy to help.
Hi, I am Alyssa! I am a tech enthusiast and a blogger. I have been using Kodi and FireStick since 2016. I wanted to share my latest tech discoveries and knowledge with the World, which led me to start this blog in 2021. I post in-depth how-to guides for FireStick devices & Kodi in a way that is easy to understand for people of all ages. Thanks for stopping by!