In today’s walkthrough, I’ll show you how to install Wolf Launcher on FireStick. That’s not all. I will also provide a user guide after the installation process. This guide will work for all Amazon Fire TV and Android products.
Are you bored of looking at the same old Firestick launcher? While the default FireStick launcher has plenty of useful features, there is no denying the fact that the design is rather generic and uses a single-color palette. It also lacks user customization options and there’s not much you can do to change its appearance.
Install FLauncher on FireStick
The launcher is the first thing you see while using Amazon devices, and when it’s generic, it’s rather easy to get bored with it.
But the good thing is, it is possible to change Firestick’s in-built launcher. This is where the Wolf Launcher comes in. Wolf Launcher is one of the best custom launchers available for FireStick and Fire TVs. It allows users to customize their FireStick home screen to their personal liking.
Is Wolf Launcher Worth Installing on Firestick?
The short answer is – yes! This third-party launcher allows users tons of customization options. With Wolf launcher, you can bid adieu to the basic FireStick home-screen design.
Wolf Launcher will allow you to customize your FireStick home-screen and make it much more personalized.
You can pretty much customize every aspect of the design with it, background wallpaper, and even the icons & the buttons. That means you shall be in full control!
Another amazing thing the app offers is that it also becomes possible to get rid of Amazon-sponsored apps and banners from the FireStick home-screen.
The app also helps to save a considerable amount of data as it doesn’t fetch sponsored thumbnails, videos, and advertisements that Amazon FireStick products automatically do.
We also would like to highlight the fact that Wolf Launcher includes a status bar with fully customizable options. Overall, Wolf launcher allows much more control.
Now, without any further ado, let’s jump straight into the installation guide.
Note: If you’d like to remove Wolf Launcher from your device, do not directly uninstall it as can cause malfunction. Please check the How to Uninstall Wolf Launcher section for directions. It is available towards the end of this article.
How to install Wolf Launcher on FireStick
Since Wolf Launcher is not available to download directly from the Amazon Appstore. The Firestick users must download and install it manually.
Please follow the steps provided below carefully to get Wolf Launcher on FireStick:
1: Install the Downloader App
Our first step is to install a sideloading app that will help us download third-party apps. The app we are going to use is called Downloader. Luckily, it can be found on the official FireStick Appstore. Here are to steps to install it:
Please check our main guide on How to Install Downloader on FireStick
1. Navigate over to Find on the FireStick Home screen
2. Click Search now
3. Using the on-screen keypad or Alexa voice command and search for Downloader. Find and click Downloader in the list of results.
4. Click on Downloader app’s logo under the Apps and Games section
5. Click Get or Download
6. Wait for FireStick to finish the installation procedure
7. Click Open.
8. The app will now request authorization to access the Firestick device, you need to click Allow.
9. Skim through the Quick Start Guide or click OK to skip it.
2: Enable Install Unknown Apps
Before we can install third-party apps, we need to enable Install Unknown apps option in the settings. Follow the steps below to do it:
1. Return to FireStick the home screen and then, click the Gear Icon (Settings)
2. Open My Fire TV
3. From the following set of options, click Developer Options.
💡Note: Can’t find Developer Options? Go to: Settings > My Fire TV > About. Repeatedly select the first menu item 7 times. The message "No need, you are already a developer" will appear. Go back to the My Fire TV menu to find the newly revealed "Developer Options". Check out our guide with screenshots and video tutorial: How to Unhide/Reveal Developer Options.
4. Click Install unknown apps
Note: If you see Apps from Unknown Sources, click it and click Turn On. Skip step no-5.
5. Click Downloader to switch it ON
3: Install Launch on Boot on FireStick
First, we are going to install the Launch on Boot on FireStick. Here are the steps:
1. Hold down Home Button on the FireStick Remote for a couple of seconds. Choose Apps
2. Click Downloader app’s icon to run it
3. From Downloader App’s home screen, click the field Enter a URL or search term
4. Enter the URL for Launch on Boot:
Alternatively, you may enter the Downloader code for Launch on Boot: 392765
5. You will be taken to the download page shortly. Scroll down and select DOWNLOAD NOW.
6. Download will start
7. Click INSTALL
8. Wait while the app installs
9. Click DONE
10. Click Delete
11. Choose Delete again
4: Install Wolf Launcher on FireStick
Now we can go ahead and get Wolf Launcher on FireStick. Let’s begin:
1. Open Downloader App again. Using the on-screen keyboard, enter the Wolf Launcher Downloader Code: 81549
Or the URL: toptvtips.com/wolf (Both yield the same results)
2. You will be redirected to the AFTVnews webpage. Do not click anywhere on the screen. Wait for the downloading process to begin.
3. Wolf Launcher APK file will now start to download. It should take no more than two minutes.
4. Once downloaded, click INSTALL
5. Wait for it to install
6. Click DONE to close the installation wizard
7. We recommend deleting the Wolf Launcher APK file to free up some storage space on Firestick. Click Delete
8. Click Delete once again
Awesome! Wolf Launcher is now installed on your Amazon FireStick.
How to use Wolf Launcher on FireStick
First of we are going to access the Wolf Launcher app that we just installed. Here’s how:
Hold down FireStick Remote’s Home Button for a few seconds. Go ahead and click Apps
Open the Launch on Boot app.
Scroll through the welcome messages.
Then, click Get Started.
The below page will open up.
Now do the following:
1. Enable the toggle for Enabled
2. Enable the toggle for Launch when device wakes up?
3. Then, click SELECT APP.
Scroll down and select Wolf Launcher.
Wolf Launcher app will open with all your installed apps. And guess what- there are no ads! Here is the main screen of Wolf Launcher on FireStick:
💡Quick Tip: DO NOT press the Home Button on your FireStick Remote to navigate Wolf Launcher interface. Doing this will take you back to the Default Amazon Launcher. Use the Back Button on the Remote instead. If, any time, you end up going back the default Amazon launcher, navigate to your installed apps list and click the Wolf Launcher icon to launch it.
Customize Wolf Launcher
Wolf Launcher Overview
The Wolf Launcher looks kind of underwhelming at this point, the background is plain and the thumbnails are large. But rest assured there’s a lot you can do with it to personalize it.
In the next sections, we will demonstrate how you can unlock all these hidden features.
How to Change Wolf Launcher Wallpaper
Here’s how you can change the wallpaper on Wolf launcher:
1. Open Downloader and enter the URL wallpapercave.com and click Go
(we found the wallpapercave.com site great for finding wallpapers. But you can download the image from any other other site that you prefer)
2. Choose any picture of your choice and download it by clicking DOWNLOAD WALLPAPER
3. Press the Menu Button on your Amazon FireStick Remote.
4. The Application menu will open. Now, click Launcher Settings
5. Click Wallpaper
6. First, click the toggle next to Application Wallpaper
7. Next, click Select Wallpaper
8. Click Allow to give Wolf Launcher access to your files on the device
9. Select the desired image from the device’s internal storage
Note: Make sure the image name ends with .jpg or .png
You will be able to see the new wallpaper on the home screen.
But one can barely see that wallpaper because it is hidden behind the large thumbnails. So, what can we do to make the wallpaper more visible? Follow the steps below:
1. Press the Menu button on your Amazon FireStick remote.
2. From the Application menu on the right, click Launcher Settings
3. Navigate to Sections
4. Click Manage Sections
5. Now, click Add Section
6. Select Section Title
7. Give it a name. I am naming it the Most used apps. Click Next
8. Hit Apply
9. Move this section on top by clicking the double-sided arrow button
10. Press the Select/OK Button on the remote to apply this change
11. Go back to the home screen by pressing the Back Button on the remote. Now, you will find that the top of your screen is empty, thus allowing you to actually appreciate your new wallpaper
Add Apps to the Sections
To add apps to the section that we just created, follow the below steps:
1. Highlight the app you would like to move to the section. Don’t select it
2. Press the Menu Button on FireStick remote
3. Click Move to Section
4. Select the section in which you would like the app to go. We selected Most used apps
5. The app will be added to that section
Customize the Apps Icons/ Tiles
To make the home-screen space look more organized, we can resize the icon. Currently, they are a little too big and covering up the background to a large extent. Here are the steps for that:
1. Let’s begin by pressing the Menu Button on Amazon FireStick Remote
2. Click Launcher Settings
3. Navigate to Sections
4. Click Applications
5. There are quite a few options here, which can be used to make these changes to the Wolf Launcher interface. The options include:
- Show Title: You may choose to remove the titles of the apps by switching the toggle off here
- Change Title: You can also change the title
- Orientation: Vertical or horizontal
- Sorting: Arrange the apps with 3 options- Manual, most used, or A-Z (clicking the most used option the frequently used will come to the top)
- Columns: change the no of the columns
You can also customize the Wolf Launcher further from the Configure option under Application Menu:
Here are the options:
Hide Apps on Wolf Launcher
Another amazing thing that Wolf Launcher makes possible is hiding apps from the home screen. Here’s how:
1. Press the Menu Button on Amazon FireStick Remote
2. Click Launcher Settings
3. Click Hidden Apps
4. Choose apps you wouldn’t want on the home screen. From the list of active apps, you can click on the button next to the app that you want to hide. Once you do, it will instantly disappear from the home-screen.
Reverse the process if you want to get any app back on the home screen.
Customize or Hide Status Bar
You can also hide or customize the Status Bar. Here’s how:
1. Click Launcher Settings after pressing the Menu Button on remote
2. Then, click Status Bar
3. There are some interesting features here that you can check out. You click the toggle next to these to turn them on or off. They are:
- Show Status Bar
- Network Icon
- Bluetooth Icon
- USB Icon
Create Folders in Wolf Launcher
You can create folders and organize the same category of apps in one folder for quick access. For instance, if you want movies apps in a folder, you can so do.
1. Press the Menu Button on FireStick Remote
2. Click Create Folder
3. Enter folder name and enter a password (if you wish to password protect the folder. It helps you would like to restrict access to certain apps). I have named it favs and entered the password and confirmed the password again.
4. Once done, click Apply
The folder that you created will appear on the home-screen
To move apps to this folder, follow the steps:
1. Highlight the app
2. Press Menu Button on FireStick Remote.
3. Click Move to Folder
4. Select the folder (favs in our case). That’s it. It’s that easy.
How to Restore the Default Fire TV Launcher
Now, if you miss the FireStick default Launcher, you can restore it easily. Here’s how:
1. Press the Menu Button on FireStick Remote
2. Click Android Settings
3. It will instantly redirect you to the default FireStick Settings
4. Press the Back button on the Firestick remote to return to the FireStick home screen again. To go back to the Wolf Launcher, simply press the Home Button on the remote.
How to Remove Wolf Launcher and Go Back to the Stock Launcher Permanently?
If for any reason, you decide to go back to the basic launcher permanently, then do not uninstall the Wolf Launcher app directly. As it may result in error. Instead, we recommend you disable the Wolf launcher first. You simply need to reverse it from Launch on Boot app. Follow the below steps:
1. Open Launch on Boot app
2. Disable the toggle for Enabled and Launch when device wakes up?
Now you can go ahead and uninstall the Wolf launcher app, if you want.
If you do not like the default FireStick interface, you should try the Wolf Launcher. You can design the look as you prefer. Also, it makes it possible to remove the clutter of sponsored ads by Amazon present on the default launcher.
If you have any questions, leave them in the comments section below.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is installing a custom launcher safe?
Installing a custom launcher like Wolf Launcher seems safe and should not harm your device. However, we cannot guarantee safety. If you choose to install it, it is strictly at your own risk.
Is installing a custom launcher legal?
Even though we cannot confirm whether using a custom launcher is legal, it seems like using a custom launcher like Wolf Launcher should not cause any legal problems. However, using a VPN is recommended to keep yourself safe from online prying.
Hi, I am Alyssa! I am a tech enthusiast and a blogger. I have been using Kodi and FireStick since 2016. I wanted to share my latest tech discoveries and knowledge with the World, which led me to start this blog in 2021. I post in-depth how-to guides for FireStick devices & Kodi in a way that is easy to understand for people of all ages. Thanks for stopping by!