Loved the Venom addon? We have finally found a Venom clone: Wutu Addon. In this article, we will learn the installation steps for Wutu Kodi Addon.
Similar steps can be applied to all Kodi-compatible products including FireSticks, Androids, Windows, etc.
Furthermore, we will also learn how to integrate Trakt and Real Debrid with the Wutu add-on.
|Supported Devices||Amazon FireStick, Fire TV, Android TV, Android Mobiles, Tablets, iOS, Chromecast with Google TV, Nvidia Shield, Roku, Mi Box, Windows, Mac Computer, and more|
|Type of Addon||Video-on-demand|
|Content||Movies, TV shows|
|Premium Sources||Real Debrid, All Debrid, Premiumize|
Wutu addon is an amazing add-on that has thousands of movies and shows. This add-on is the successor of the now defunct, Venom Kodi add-on.
It has a beautiful interface clubbed with easy navigation. This add-on however doesn’t offer any free links. That means you have to integrate with a premium source account like Real Debrid in order to binge-watch content. But this thing is actually a blessing in disguise as it allows you to stream HD videos with ease.
You can also integrate Trakt with it if you want. This will allow you to sync media on all your devices.
Wutu has categorized its content very efficiently so that users don’t find difficulty finding their preferred content.
Wutu Kodi add-on reserves a place in our Top Kodi add-ons list.
Don’t have Kodi installed yet? Here is our article to help you with Kodi installation: How to Install Kodi
How to Install Wutu Kodi Addon
I will segregate the steps for the installation of Wutu Kodi Addon into three parts. This will allow you to understand them easily.
1. Allow Unknown Sources within Kodi
Wutu Kodi Addon, being a third-party addon, is not available in Kodi Repository. Therefore, you have to install it from Ezra repository which is itself downloaded from a third-party source.
But by default, Kodi doesn’t allow third-party addon installation unless you allow it. So, we will first give Kodi permission to install add-ons from third-party sources. Here’s how:
1. Start Kodi.
2. Select Gear Icon (Settings) from Kodi Home screen which is next to Power icon.
3. Choose System
4. Highlight Add-ons from left pane. And select Unknown Sources from right pane for enabling it.
5. A warning will appear.
Read this before proceeding.
It says the Add-ons will be given access to personal data stored on your device.
Now, if you do not want your personal data accessed by third-party add-ons, it is important to use a reliable VPN like ExpressVPN while streaming through a third-party Add-on.
2. Install Repository Containing Wutu Kodi Addon
Wutu Kodi add-on is hosted by Ezra repository. So, we will install Ezra repo first & then, install Wutu addon from it. Here are the installation steps for Ezra repo:
1. Select Gear Icon ( Settings) again from Kodi Home screen
2. Hit File Manager
3. Select Add Source.
4. Click <None>
5. Make sure that you type the below-given URL correctly :
💡Quick Tip: Typing this using the FireStick on-screen keyboard can be a real pain. Use the Fire TV Remote App to type faster and easier.
6. Then, name your source for easy identification (e.g. wutu). Then, select OK.
7. Again, hit OK.
8. Click the Back button and select Add-ons.
9. Select Install From Zip File
10. A message will make you aware that this add-on cannot be updated automatically. Select Yes.
11. Hit the source name you entered earlier (for our case: wutu).
12. Select repository.ezra-y.y.y.zip
Here y.y.y denotes the latest version.
13. You will receive a confirmation message after successful installation of Ezra repo.
3. Install Wutu Kodi Addon
Finally, we will install Wutu Kodi Addon from Ezra repo. Here are the installation steps:
1. Choose Install From Repository from the Addons folder.
2. Then, choose Ezra Repository.
3. Select Video add-ons.
4. Click on Wutu from the add-ons list.
5. Hit Install from bottom right side.
6. Select OK to allow Additional add-ons to install.
7. Wutu Kodi addon will start downloading.
8. You will receive a confirmation message after the successful installation of Wutu add-on on Kodi.
How to Use Wutu Addon on Kodi
Let us quickly learn how to start Wutu Kodi Addon & use it:
1. Go to Kodi home screen & select Add-ons.
2. Hit Wutu Kodi add-on icon to start it. If you can’t see the icon, select Video add-ons instead.
3. Then, hit Wutu icon to start it.
4. You will notice a Change log window. On FireStick, click the Back Button on your remote to skip it. On PC, click anywhere on the screen.
Here is the snapshot of Wutu Kodi add-on’s Home screen:
Overview – Wutu Kodi Addon
The Wutu Kodi add-on Main Page has 8 sections. These are:
- Discover TV Shows
- My TV Shows
- Discover Movies
- My Movies
- Premium Services
- Change Log!!
Most of the sections have their own sub-sections. For example, Discover Movies section has In Theaters, Coming Soon, Now Playing, Popular, Most Popular, Box Office, etc. Similarly, Discover TV Shows section has Popular, Most Popular, Top Rated, Most Voted, Highly Rated, Recommended, Genres, etc.
The content from all the sections can be watched only if you integrate a premium service account with this add-on. You will also need to install an additional add-on metahandler to watch content. Click on any content and it will prompt you to install metahandler. Click OK and it will get installed.
My TV Shows and My Movies sections have your saved/ liked TV shows and movies. These sections however can be accessed only if you integrate Trakt with Wutu.
The Premium Services section allows you to integrate Wutu with premium services like Real Debrid, Premiumize, All Debrid, Easy News, etc. to get better quality links.
The Search tool comes in handy while searching for particular content. The Tools section lets you manage your Accounts (Trakt & Premium sources), playback, navigation, downloads, and subtitles and also allows you to clear its cache.
How to Use Real Debrid with Wutu Kodi Addon
Wutu Kodi Addon can integrate Real Debrid to provide HD quality links. Here’s the process to integrate Real Debrid with Wutu Kodi add-on:
Full Guide: How to Set Up Real Debrid
1. Firstly, create a Real-Debrid account from HERE.
2. Start Wutu Kodi Addon & select Premium Services
3. Then, hit Real-Debrid
4. Now, select Authorize
5. You will notice a verification code.
6. Then, log in to your Real Debrid account after you visit https://real-debrid.com/device.
7. Type the verification code & hit Continue.
8. A notification will appear once the application is allowed.
Restart Wutu. Now, you will find RD links along with free links when you click on any content.
How to Use Trakt with Wutu Kodi Addon
Wutu Kodi Addon can integrate Trakt to sync media across devices. Here’s the process to integrate Trakt with Wutu Kodi add-on:
Full Guide: How to Set Up Trakt
1. Firstly, create a Trakt account from Trakt.tv.
2. Start Wutu Kodi addon. Select Tools.
3. Then, click SETTINGS: Accounts
4. Select Trakt from left side. And, click Open My Accounts Addon from right side
5. Next, select Authorization…
6. You will notice a verification code.
7. Then, log in to your Trakt account after you visit https://trakt.tv/activate.
8. Type the verification code & hit Continue
9. Select Yes to complete authorization.
Wutu Kodi addon has everything that you want in an on-demand streaming application. It adds fresh content regularly and keeps its big library updated. This add-on has enough content to keep you entertained throughout the year.
However, you can watch content on Wutu only if you integrate it with a premium source like Real Debrid. But, it pays dividends to use premium links as it offers high-definition video quality. Moreover, it can integrate Trakt to sync content across devices. Do try it!
For further queries, contact us so that we can help you.
Hi, I am Alyssa! I am a tech enthusiast and a blogger. I have been using Kodi and FireStick since 2016. I wanted to share my latest tech discoveries and knowledge with the World, which led me to start this blog in 2021. I post in-depth how-to guides for FireStick devices & Kodi in a way that is easy to understand for people of all ages. Thanks for stopping by!