Peacock TV lets you enjoy a plethora of exclusive shows and movies. But when your binge-watching session is interrupted by an unexpected Peacock TV not working on FireStick error, maddening frustration ensues.
This exasperating issue can arise due to various reasons, with the most common culprit being poor Internet connection issues.
Thankfully, the solutions are often simple.
Simply restarting the Peacock app or even restarting your device can work wonders in resolving the Peacock app not working on FireStick issue. Additionally, ensure that your internet connection is solid. If all else fails, consider clearing the cache or reinstalling the Peacock app.
First, I’ll quickly touch upon the common causes behind this issue, and then I’ll provide detailed solutions with steps and screenshots below.
What Causes Peacock Not Working Errors?
Common factors that contribute to the Peacock app not working issue:
- Spotty internet connection
- Bugs and other software glitches
- Overburdened device with unnecessary data
- Almost full cache
- Outdated app
Troubleshooting Peacock TV Not Working on FireStick
If you are experiencing Peacock not working issue on Fire TV, please try the following solutions:
Note: After trying each solution, check if Peacock app has started working again. If not, try the next solution until you reach the end.
1. Restart FireStick
Rebooting is often a simple and effective troubleshooting step that can resolve many common issues.
You can restart Amazon Fire Stick without unplugging the TV.
Here are the steps:
1. Go to Settings on the home screen.
2. Click My Fire TV.
3. Then, hit Restart and wait for the device to reboot.
4. Confirm by clicking Restart again.
Alternatively, you can restart your FireStick device by unplugging the device from power. Wait for 20 seconds, then plug the device back in.
If the problem persists after restarting, go ahead and try the other solutions.
2. Check Internet Connection
To enjoy a smooth streaming experience on Peacock, you must have a strong internet connection.
Peacock App Speed recommendations:
- HD – 3Mbps
- High-quality live TV and 4K (Premium & premium Plus) – 8Mbps
Run a speed test to confirm that internet speeds meet the recommended requirements. You can use the speedtest site for the same.
You can also check if the connection is good or poor on FireStick itself. Here are the steps:
1. From the Home Screen, select Settings.
2. Then, hit Network.
3. Highlight the Wi-Fi name that you wish to check.
4. Now, press the Play-pause button on the remote. You will be able to see the connection status.
Here are a few things you can do to improve:
1. Restart both your router and/or modem. You can do so by unplugging it. Wait for 30 seconds, and then plug it back in again. Connect your device to the Wi-Fi.
2. Use an Ethernet cable.
3. Minimize the number of devices connected to the Wi-Fi network.
3. Clear Peacock App Cache and Data
Clearing the cache on your device has several benefits, including:
- Frees up storage space
- Improves performance
- Resolves display or loading issues
Please note that when you clear the device cache, it will remove all locally stored data, such as login details, preferences, etc. You will be required to re-enter those details again.
However, the benefits of clearing the cache far outweigh this slight inconvenience.
You can clear cache/data from your FireStick device’s settings menu. Here’s how:
1. Go to FireStick Settings.
2. Select Applications.
3. Click Manage installed applications.
4. Now, scroll down and select the Peacock App.
5. Hit Force Stop.
6. Now hit Clear Cache.
You can stop right here if your Peacock app has started working properly after clearing app cache. If not move onto the next step.
7. Select Clear Data
(Note: clearing data will remove all app data and the app will be as good as new)
8. Hit Clear Data once again.
4. Reinstall the Peacock TV App
If clearing cache didn’t work, try uninstalling and reinstalling the app. It may help eliminate any software glitches that may be affecting its functionality.
You’ll need to sign in again using your account credentials after reinstalling.
Here’s how you can uninstall peacock TV on FireStick:
1. Go to FireStick Settings.
2. Open Applications.
3. Select Manage installed applications.
4. Now, select the Peacock App.
5. Hit Uninstall.
6. Click Confirm.
Wait for the app to uninstall. Then, you can install Peacock App by following our guide Install Peacock TV on FireStick Anywhere.
5. Try streaming Peacock TV on another device
You can try to stream Peacock TV on another device to verify if the Peacock TV is working.
6. Update the Peacock App
Official FireStick apps get updated automatically most of the time. However, some might see the Update option when you open an app. Don’t ignore the update notification.
You must keep the Peacock App updated to avert/fix the Peacock app not working on FireStick issue.
1. Go to the App & Games section.
2. Locate the Peacock app and open it
3. If there’s any new version available, you will see the Update option. Hit the Update option.
7. Check if Peacock down
Peacock TV not working might have nothing to do with your device or Internet connectivity. Check if Peacock is down by visiting sites like Down Detector.
You can stream using other apps meanwhile, if you prefer. Here’s our list of the Best FireStick Apps.
8. Update FireStick
Keeping your FireStick device is also important. This way you won’t face any performance issues.
Here are the steps to update FireStick:
1. Go to the Settings.
2. Select My Fire TV.
3. Select About.
4. If there’s a new update available, Install Update option. Click on it. Wait for the update to install.
9. Check the Number of Devices Streaming from your Peacock Account
Peacock TV allows you to create six profiles(maximum). However, they only allow three simultaneous streams on one account.
If you try to stream simultaneously on 3+ devices, Peacock TV will give you an error message indicating that stream limit reached error.
This could result in Peacock App not working. Close extra streams. Then, wait for a few minutes and try to stream again. You should be able to stream now.
10. Make Sure You’re Not Trying to Stream from An Out-Of-Service Region
Peacock TV is exclusively available in the US. However, Sky and NOW subscribers can access Peacock in the UK, Ireland, Austria, Germany, Italy, and Switzerland.
So, if you are in any other country, you might not be able to stream using Peacock TV. Using a VPN could help. I use and recommend ExpressVPN.
11. Turn Off the VPN
Sometimes, using a VPN can cause network issues. Disable your VPN to check if Peacock TV is working fine.
Alternatively, you can consider switching to a more compatible VPN provider. I use ExpressVPN, it works well with Peacock TV and most streaming services. It offers high-speed servers and a reliable connection.
12. Contact Peacock Support Team
If you’re still having issues with the Peacock app, I recommend visiting the Peacock Help Center.
You can also get in touch with the Peacock TV Twitter page. They are available from 9AM to 1AM (ET) every day. You can report the issues directly to Peacock support and get solutions.
Fix “Reached Simultaneous Streams Limit” Error
As discussed earlier, Peacock allows you to make a maximum of six profiles but only permits three simultaneous streams.
If three streams are already running, you will get this error.
You’ll need to close one stream to watch on another device. After ending a stream, it takes a few minutes for the slot to become available on another device.
Fix Unable to Download Content on Peacock TV
Peacock allows its users to download movies and TV shows for offline viewing, but there are several restrictions to be aware of.
- Only Premium Plus subscribers have access to downloads.
- Users can download up to 25 titles across their devices, with a maximum of two downloads per show or movie.
- Downloads expire after 48 hours if playback has started or after 30 days if not watched.
- If the content is removed from the platform, it will be deleted from downloads too.
- Logging out or uninstalling the Peacock app will remove any downloaded content.
Recap: Peacock TV Not Working on FireStick
Let’s quickly recap the solutions for Peacock TV Not Working on FireStick:
- Restart FireStick
- Check Internet Connection
- Clear Peacock app Cache and Data
- Reinstall the Peacock TV app
- Try streaming Peacock TV on another device
- Update the Peacock app
- Check if Peacock service is down
- Update FireStick
- Check the number of devices streaming from your Peacock Account
- Make sure you’re not trying to stream from an out-of-service region
- Turn off the VPN
- Contact Peacock support team
Hi, I am Alyssa! I am a tech enthusiast and a blogger. I have been using Kodi and FireStick since 2016. I wanted to share my latest tech discoveries and knowledge with the World, which led me to start this blog in 2021. I post in-depth how-to guides for FireStick devices & Kodi in a way that is easy to understand for people of all ages. Thanks for stopping by!