Installed the latest FireTV update on your device and now you can’t find the Developer Options? In this guide, I will show you how you can reveal or unhide Developer Options on FireStick /FireTV.
The method will work on all Fire TV devices including Fire TV Stick, Fire TV Stick 4K, Fire TV Stick 4K Max, Fire TV Stick Lite, Fire TV Cube, Fire TV, and Fire TV Smart TV.
After updating FireStick, Amazon users are unable to locate the Developer Options. This menu had options to enable ADB debugging and enable install unknown apps or Apps from Unknown Sources.
This option is extremely important for users who sideload apps from third-party sources using apps like Downloader.
Well, the good news is Amazon hasn’t removed the Developer Options—they have just hidden it from its menu. You can still enable the Install Unknown Apps/ Apps from Unknown Sources feature even if you’ve already updated FireStick OS to the latest version and the Developer Options is missing from the menu.
We will show you exactly how in this guide.
However, it seems that not all devices received the change in this update. We installed this Fire OS 22.214.171.124 update on our Fire TV Stick 4K Max, FireStick Lite, and FireStick 4K but we still have our Developer Options menu. It also may be because we had Developer Options enabled before the update.
We will update this post whenever we get any update from Amazon about their Latest Update.
Will Amazon Completely Remove Developer Options From FireTV ?
People are speculating that Amazon might disable the option to side-load third-party apps on its Fire TV devices.
Rest assured that Amazon won’t be able to remove developer options completely because developers will still need a way to test their apps before they release them to the official Amazon Appstore.
Even though Amazon OS hid the Developer Options just like Android platforms do, you can still access it.
How to Unhide /Reveal Developer Options on Amazon FireStick & Fire TVs
Developer Options disappeared on our 3rd gen FireStick and here’s how we got it back:
1. Select the Gear icon on the FireStick main screen to access its Settings
2. Choose My Fire TV option.
3. Select About
4. You will see the name of your FireStick device such as Fire TV Stick or Fire TV Stick 4K Max on the first menu
Select this option repeatedly for about 7 times. The process is similar to how you’d become a developer on Android platforms.
5. A notification will appear at the bottom of the screen telling you how many more times you need to repeat this step. For example, here it says, You are now 4 steps away from being a developer, which means I have to select it 4 more times.
6. Once you’ve done that, the message No need, you are already a developer will appear at the bottom of the screen to indicate that the developer mode has been enabled.
7. Now, use the Back button on your remote and you will find Developer Options in the My Fire TV menu. You may now use it as per usual to enable ADB debugging or install unknown apps feature.
That’s it! It’s that easy.
Conclusion — Reveal or Unhide Developer Options on FireStick /FireTV
Hope you have been able to unhide or show the Develop Options in your FireStick menu by following this method. The method is pretty easy.
Let us know if you have any questions regarding this by commenting down below.
Hi, I am Alyssa! I am a tech enthusiast and a blogger. I have been using Kodi and FireStick since 2016. I wanted to share my latest tech discoveries and knowledge with the World, which led me to start this blog in 2021. I post in-depth how-to guides for FireStick devices & Kodi in a way that is easy to understand for people of all ages. Thanks for stopping by!