Love watching Live TV & Live Sports? Then, you must install Mega IPTV addon. In this article, I will teach the installation steps for Mega IPTV Kodi Addon.
You can use the same steps to install it on other Kodi-enabled devices.
|Supported Devices||Amazon FireStick, Fire TV, Android TV, Android Mobiles, Tablets, Chromecast with Google TV, Nvidia Shield, Roku, Mi Box, TiVo Stream 4K and more|
|Type of Addon||Sports|
|Content||Live Sports, Live TV|
Mega IPTV addon is a Kodi addon for streaming hundreds and thousands of live IPTV channels. There aren’t many add-ons with such a large number of channels as Mega IPTV does.
It has channels from almost all parts of the world. This includes countries like the USA, UK, Canada, France, India, Australia, etc. This add-on also has a neat interface.
Mega IPTV has smartly sorted its channels by genres, countries, and languages. This way, you can easily find channels that you want to watch.
Don’t have Kodi installed yet? Check out our Kodi Installation guide: How to Install Kodi
How to Install Mega IPTV Kodi Addon
The steps for installation of Mega IPTV Kodi Addon are given below. The steps are simple, hence easy to follow.
1. Allow Unknown Sources within Kodi
You have to turn on third-party add-on installation on Kodi first if you want to install third-party add-ons like Mega IPTV Kodi Addon. This is because this feature is, by default, disabled on Kodi. Here is how you do it:
1. Launch Kodi.
2. Head to the home page of Kodi to select Gear Icon (Settings).
3. Hit System
4. Then, choose Add-ons from left panel. And hit Unknown Sources from right panel to turn it on.
5. A notification will warn you.
Read this before proceeding.
It says the Add-ons will be given access to personal data stored on your device.
Now, if you do not want your personal data accessed by third-party add-ons, it is important to use a reliable VPN like ExpressVPN while streaming through a third-party Add-on.
2. Install Repository Containing Mega IPTV Kodi Addon
The South Paw Repository hosts Mega IPTV Kodi add-on. Therefore, you need to install The South Paw Repository first and then install Mega IPTV addon from it. Here is how you install The South Paw Repository on Kodi:
1. Head to the Kodi home page again & select Gear Icon ( Settings).
2. Hit File Manager
3. Then, hit Add Source.
4. Select <None>
5. Enter the URL that is given below correctly:
6. I will name the source mega. Then, hit OK. You can name it differently if you wish.
7. Select OK again.
8. Head to the previous menu and hit Add-ons.
9. Choose Install From Zip File
10. You will learn that this add-on can only be updated manually. Choose Yes.
11. Select the source name (mega in my case).
12. Hit repository.southpaw-y.y.y.zip
y.y.y signifies the latest version.
13. After the installation of The South Paw Repository is finished, you will receive a notification.
3. Install Mega IPTV Kodi Addon
Lastly, we are going to install Mega IPTV Kodi Addon from The South Paw Repository. Here is how you do it:
1. Firstly, choose Install From Repository
2. Hit The South Paw Repository.
3. Then, hit Video add-ons.
4. Go through the add-ons list and hit Mega IPTV.
5. Select Install.
6. Install the required Additional add-ons by clicking OK.
7. The installation of Mega IPTV Kodi addon will begin.
8. After the installation of Mega IPTV add-on on Kodi is finished, you will receive a notification.
Done! Launch Mega IPTV and enjoy its channels.
How to Use Mega IPTV Addon on Kodi
Let me show you how you can launch Mega IPTV Kodi Addon so that you can use it:
1. Firstly, hit Add-ons from the home page of Kodi.
2. Hit Video add-ons. Then, launch Mega IPTV by selecting its icon.
The screenshot of Mega IPTV Kodi add-on Home page is shown below:
Overview – Mega IPTV Kodi Addon
The Mega IPTV Kodi add-on Home Page has 10 sections. They are:
- IPTV-ORG Channels by Category
- Fluxus Channels Arabic
- IPTV-ORG Channels by Language
- Fluxus Channels English
- IPTV-ORG Channels by Country
- Fluxus Channels Espanol
- Recently Played
All the recently played channels will be listed in Recently Played section. Mega IPTV add-on has three different IPTV sections, one sorted by countries and the other two by languages and categories.
The countries include USA, UK, India, Germany, Australia, France, Spain, etc. The languages include German, Arabic, Bengali, Danish, Chinese, English, etc. The categories include Science, Religious, Travel, News, Music, Family, Comedy, Sports, etc.
Moreover, it has three Fluxus Channels sections- Arabic, Espanol, and English.
Search any channels quickly using the Search option.
You will find your liked channels in myFavorites section.
The Settings option allows a few tweaks. For example, you can delete temporary files, manage hidden channels and categories, enable debugging, etc.
Mega IPTV Kodi addon is perfect for live IPTV streaming. It has plenty of channels from different parts of the world to keep you engaged.
When I checked this add-on, I found most of the channel streams working. This add-on has channels for every age group. Try it now!
Hi, I am Alyssa! I am a tech enthusiast and a blogger. I have been using Kodi and FireStick since 2016. I wanted to share my latest tech discoveries and knowledge with the World, which led me to start this blog in 2021. I post in-depth how-to guides for FireStick devices & Kodi in a way that is easy to understand for people of all ages. Thanks for stopping by!