Today, we will learn how to install Vudu on FireStick. You can also use these steps to install it on Fire TV, Fire TV Cube, and other Android devices.
|Supported Devices||Amazon FireStick, Android TV, Android Mobiles, Tablets, Chromecast with Google TV, Nvidia Shield, Roku, Mi TV Stick, TiVo Stream 4K|
|Type of App||On-demand (Paid+ Free)|
|Content||Movies, TV Shows|
|External Video Player Support|
Vudu is a unique type of online entertainment streaming platform that lets you buy or rent its premium content for online streaming. It was acquired by one of the biggest retail giants Walmart in 2010 before Fandango bought it last year(2020). It is unique from its other competitors like Netflix and Hulu in the sense that it doesn’t charge any monthly fees, rather you have to buy or rent its content for watching.
Whether you are looking for a movie or a TV series, you will get it all here. This app also lets you stream Ultra HD content apart from the normal SD and HD content. You will also find lots of free content in Vudu which does not require any renting or purchase.
The rental cost ranges from USD 0.99 to USD 5.99 while the buying cost ranges from USD 4.99 to USD 24.99. Additionally, you will often get various deals and offers which will reduce your rental/purchase cost.
If you want premium content at the lowest rate, Vudu app should be your go-to app. Vudu is also included in our Best Apps for FireStick List.
💡Note: If VUDU is not available in your country, you can still install it following our guide on How to install and use Amazon Fire TV Apps Outside their Intended Country.
How to install Vudu on FireStick
After Fandango bought over Vudu, the Vudu app is now available on the App Store of Amazon. Therefore, installing Vudu is now much easier and quicker. Follow these simple steps and install Vudu on your FireStick:
1. Navigate to the Find section in the middle menu panel of your FireStick home-screen.
2. Click on the Search icon just beneath it
3, Now type Vudu and select it from the suggestions underneath
4. Next, click on Vudu app.
5. Click Get to download Vudu APK. If you have already installed it once before, then you will need to click on Download.
6. Wait for the app to install completely.
7. To launch the app, click Open
How to Sign Up for Vudu
To enjoy the services of Vudu, you have to create a Vudu account and sign up. It can be done either from their official website or from the Vudu APK directly.
📌 IMPORTANT: Vudu only works in the USA. Therefore, you will need to use a VPN and connect to a US server while signing up or using Vudu app if you are outside of USA. Get ExpressVPN and enjoy streaming with Vudu from anywhere in the world.
Also, whether you are a resident of the USA or not, we recommend using a trustworthy VPN like ExpressVPN while streaming to secure your personal data and stay protected from Cyber-attacks.
Here’s how you can Sign up using either of these simple methods:
Method 1: From Vudu Official Website
1. Go to the Vudu Website https://www.vudu.com/
2. Click on Sign in on the top screen corner and select Create An Account
Note: You can also sign up using your Facebook or Walmart account.
4. Check your email for an confirmation email from Vudu and simply follow the instructions to complete your sign up process.
5. You will be sent to Vudu’s Official Website when you click on the image sent in the email.
Method 2: From the Vudu app
1. Open Vudu on your FireStick and hit Sign Up.
2. Type in your Email ID and Password and click Continue.
3. After that, you will see the following screen telling you to check your email. Follow the instruction in the email to complete your sign up process.
How to use Vudu on FireStick
To start streaming on the Vudu app, you need to buy or rent the movies you want to watch from their official website and then open the Vudu APK on FireStick and watch it. Let’s learn how to open the app:
(📌Note: Don’t forget to connect to a USA VPN server before launching the Vudu app, if you are staying outside the US)
1. Hold down the FireStick Remote’s Home Button for a few seconds and select the Apps tab.
2. Open the Vudu app by clicking its icon
3. Click on Sign in and enter your valid credentials to successfully log in to your account.
This is the Home Screen of Vudu on FireStick:
Overview of Vudu APK:
As you can see, the main screen of the Vudu app has its main menu bar on the left side. It includes the below categories
1. Search Icon – Use it to look for any particular title.
2. My Vudu – This is quite a sub-category to choose from including Home, Deals, Movie Genres, Free, TV, TV Genres, More Movies on Us, Showcases, & Help and Settings
Note: You will find the free movies and TV shows in the Free section.
On the right side of the My Vudu section, there is a horizontal menu bar. It includes below categories:
- My Watch list: Titles you have previously watched will be here
- My Movies: Rented and purchased Movies will show here
- My TV: Rented and purchased Movies will show here
Note: Vudu offers an extensive variety of genres including Action, Comedy, Classics, Romance, and lots more in both Movies and TV categories.
Both My Movies and My TV have a Sort and Filter feature that can be used to sort them further.
- My Wish-List: Titles added to the wishlist can be found here
- My Pre-Orders: Pre-ordered titles will be listed here
- My Offers: The latest offers will be displayed here
3. Help and Settings – It is further divided into the below sub-categories:
Account: From here, you can sign out from your Vudu account. Keep in mind that the official Vudu Website allows you to add a payment method, customize your account, and more.
Family Settings: Here, you can set a PIN to restrict usage. It also has a Kids mode that kids can watch themselves.
Playback Settings: It doesn’t have a lot of features. However, you can change caption style and Player from here
How to Buy or Rent a Movie/TV series from Vudu Website
Since you can’t directly buy or rent a movie or a TV series from the Vudu app, you have to visit their official website and rent/buy it from there. Here’s how to do it:
1. Go to the Vudu’s official website https://www.vudu.com/ using a browser.
2. Click on Sign in and sign in to your Vudu account using valid credentials
2. Now, you can either rent/ buy a movie/TV show from the list of movies/TV shows shown on the homepage or you can search for them using the Search icon
3. Moreover, you can click on Movies or TV to browse the movie/ TV series you are searching for.
4. Click on the desired movie/ TV show you want to purchase or rent.
5. The amount of money needed to buy or rent the content will be displayed along.
6. Select either Rent or Buy and also select the stream quality (SD, HDX, or UHD) and then proceed for payment. Upon successful payment, you can watch the movie from your Vudu app.
7. In the case of TV shows, you can only buy them per season or per episode. There’s no option of renting it.
8. Click on Buy Season to buy the whole season or click Buy on the selected episode you want to buy. Select the stream quality and pay.
Now you can enjoy your rented/bought movies or TV shows on the Vudu app.
How to watch free Movies/TV shows from Vudu APK
You can watch many free movies using Vudu APK. However they feature ads and you have to add those movies to your Wishlist using the Vudu website, otherwise finding them on Vudu APK might feel cumbersome.
Follow these steps to add free movies/TV shows on your Wishlist and watch them on the Vudu app:
1. Go to the Vudu website https://www.vudu.com/ using a browser.
2. Click on Sign in and sign in to your Vudu account using valid credentials
3. Select Free on the top corner of the website.
4. Choose the movie/TV show you want to watch
5. Click + icon
( Note: To watch the movie/TV show on the website itself and not on the app, click Watch Free)
6. Next, launch the Vudu app from the Apps and Channels tab on your FireStick home screen.
7. Click My Wishlist
8. Select the movie/TV show you want to watch from your Wishlist
9. Lastly, click on Watch Free with Ads and enjoy watching it.
Vudu offers a huge collection of movies and TV series for streaming online. Smooth navigation and a user-friendly interface only make it more streaming-friendly. No need to pay for unnecessary things, just pay for what you watch on Vudu. Moreover, you can opt for a movie or a TV series replacement within 30 minutes if you didn’t like what you bought or rented. Try it for sure!
That concludes our guide on how to install Vudu on FireStick. Still facing issues? Tell us in the comment section.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why can’t I get Vudu on my fire TV/ FireStick?
Vudu app is currently only availble in the US amazon FireStick Appstore. So, that may be the reason why you aren’t able to find it. If you’re in a different region, please check out our guide: How to install and use Amazon Fire TV Apps Outside their Intended Country.
Is Vudu better than Netflix?
Vudu and Netflix are quite different from each other. While Netflix requires a monthly subscription, Vudu only requires you to buy/rent the content before you can watch it. If you are someone who wants to pay money for only the content you want to stream, then Vudu is the right app for you.
Is Vudu free to use?
Vudu can be downloaded for free and it has also some free content. But for watching premium content, you have to either buy it or rent it.
Does Vudu Feature Ads?
If you are watching Vudu’s free content, you will see some ads for sure. But if you rent or buy premium content, you will not be interrupted with any ads.
Do I Need an account to use Vudu?
Yes, you do need a Vudu account in order to use Vudu.
How much does Vudu cost per month?
Vudu doesn’t charge you monthly. You pay for what you watch.
Hi, I am Alyssa! I am a tech enthusiast and a blogger. I have been using Kodi and FireStick since 2016. I wanted to share my latest tech discoveries and knowledge with the World, which led me to start this blog in 2021. I post in-depth how-to guides for FireStick devices & Kodi in a way that is easy to understand for people of all ages. Thanks for stopping by!