In this post, I will help you learn the installation procedure of Aptoide TV on FireStick. Not only this, but I will also give you a user guide of Aptoide TV. Steps are same for all Android and Fire TV variants.
Aptoide TV is a third-party application store offering numerous applications for you to install. It is considered a Google Play alternative. FireStick’s own official app store, Amazon App Store has not listed many useful applications. Hence, there arises a need for a separate application store that has all those apps which are not listed in the Amazon Store. We cannot rely on Google Play Store on Firestick devices as it doesn’t work properly on FireSticks & also requires rooting to install. That’s where Aptoide TV Store comes in handy.
Aptoide TV has an elegant interface. It refreshes its massive library consisting of tons of applications daily. Hence, you will find regular updates for your installed apps and you will also be able to install newly launched apps. This app has been specifically built & optimized keeping in mind the needs of FireStick Users. This means you can effortlessly navigate and use the apps with your Firestick remote.
Aurora Store is another app store which is similar to Aptoide TV.
How to install Aptoide TV on FireStick
Follow all the steps provided below to install Aptoide TV on your FireStick:
1. Install Downloader App
We will download and install Downloader first. Then we can sideload Aptoide TV as it’s still not available in Amazon App Store. Look at the steps below:
Learn the detailed steps in our article: How to install & use Downloader
1. When you start FireStick, you will see a Menu Bar in the middle. Locate Find.
2. Hit Search Icon below Find.
3. Now click on Downloader from the below suggestions after typing Downloader.
4. Click Downloader
5. Hit Download/Get
6. Wait! Installation will soon start.
7. Open Downloader by clicking Open.
8. Give Downloader access by selecting Allow.
9. Read the Quick Guide Start and then hit OK.
2. Turn ON Install Unknown Apps Feature
You have to enable installation from Unknown Sources in order to install Aptoide TV from any source apart from Amazon Store. Check the steps:
1. Open Settings(Gear Icon) which is on the home screen of FireStick.
2. Select My Fire TV
3. Then, click Developer Options.
4. Open Install unknown apps
Note: Can’t find Install unknown apps option? Click on Apps from Unknown Sources option instead and hit Turn On. Ignore the next step.
5. Finally, ensure the ON option is selected for Downloader. Click on Downloader once if not.
3. Install Aptoide TV APK on FireStick
As we have already completed the first two steps, we can now proceed towards the last step i.e. to install Aptoide TV on FireStick. Follow these steps:
1. Locate Apps by pressing and holding the Home Button on FireStick’s Remote. Open Apps.
2. Click the icon of Downloader and launch it.
3. Click on the URL or Search Term Box located in the Home section of Downloader
4. Enter the URL of Aptoide TV as provided below:
It is the official website of Aptoide TV
Don’t want to type the URL? Use the Downloader code for Aptoide TV: 48157
5. In a few moments, you will reach the official website of Aptoide TV. Click Download Aptoide TV
6. Downloading of Aptoide TV APK will initiate soon.
7. Hit INSTALL button.
8. Wait. Aptoide TV installation will complete in a minute.
9. Select DONE.
10. I suggest deleting Aptoide TV APK for saving FireStick memory space. Click Delete.
11. Reconfirm the deletion by again clicking Delete.
Hurrah! Now, you can enjoy all the superb applications featured in Aptoide TV Store.
How to Use Aptoide TV on FireStick
To install APKs via Aptoide TV, we must do the following:
Note: If your FireStick has the Apps from Unknown Sources option, you do not need to do this.
1. Navigate over to FireStick home screen and then go to Settings > My Fire TV > Developer Options > Install unknown apps
2. Click Aptoide TV once to turn the option ON (like we did for Downloader App earlier)
Before you install apps from Aptoide TV store, you have to first open Aptoide TV application. Let us learn the procedure:
1. Take the FireStick Remote in your hand. Press and hold the Home button for a few moments. Select Apps.
2. Click on the Aptoide TV icon for opening it.
You will see Changelog window with all the new updates information. Click OK.
Give required permissions to Aptoide TV by clicking Allow.
Below we have a screenshot of the homepage of Aptoide TV on FireStick:
Overview of Aptoide TV:
Aptoide TV Homepage has lists of all the apps you can install from their huge library. The Homepage alone has many sections. They are Top Apps, New Arrivals, Streaming Apps, Free Games, Applications, Games, Available Updates, Installed Apps, Community, and Settings.
There is a Search Tool on the top left corner of the homepage. Besides that, there are 5 options in the left menu bar. They are Discover, Categories, My Apps, Community, and Settings.
Note: I have tried navigating through all the options in the left menu bar on my Smartphone. But none of the options except the Search tool is responding. This problem can be due to a bug issue. I am hoping Aptoide TV will soon release updates to fix this problem. The good thing is that you can easily access these options on Firestick using its remote.
The Applications section has many subcategories. These are Entertainment, Shopping, Communication, Social, Tools, Music & Audio, News & Magazines, Health & Fitness, Books & Reference, Education, Travel & Local, Media & Video, Lifestyle, etc.
The Games section has many types of games, be it Board, Casual, Action, Racing, Adventure, Arcade, Puzzle, or others.
The Available Updates section has the list of all the apps which released new updates. You can either update them all together at a single click or manually update them one-by-one.
All the apps installed by you on your device will be shown in Installed Apps section. You can also find the same list in My Apps section.
In Community section, you can upload apps.
Settings section has two sub-sections- My Account and Settings. You can manage your account in My Account subsection. Currently, you can login to your account with Facebook or Google. We do not recommend logging in with your Facebook or Google account in third-party apps.
The Hardware Specs allows you to Filter apps according to compatibility.
With the Preference section, you can change Theme, Clear Cache, Remove Data and Configuration, and many more.
How to Install Apps from Aptoide TV
You can easily install any app from Aptoide TV without having any difficulties whatsoever. Check out the steps:
1. Launch Aptoide TV.
2. Find the app you want to install. You can also browse through categories to find the app or search it using the Search tool. For demonstration purposes, I am choosing Entertainment category.
3. Click on the application. I am going with Live Channels app here. You can choose any app of your choice
4. Select INSTALL.
5. Downloading will start.
6. Again, click INSTALL to install the app after download completion.
7. Wait for the installation.
8. Hit OPEN to launch the app after complete installation. Or click DONE to install more apps.
Aptoide TV is a boon for those who are looking for an easy way to install useful apps that aren’t readily available on Amazon Store. You can install new apps from this store just with a few clicks. Aptoide TV app is a remote-friendly application and you will face no hassle in operating the app. Why don’t you try this app on your FireStick and see for yourself?
Don’t forget to comment below. Give your valuable feedback to motivate us so that we can bring more useful articles for you in the future.
Hi, I am Alyssa! I am a tech enthusiast and a blogger. I have been using Kodi and FireStick since 2016. I wanted to share my latest tech discoveries and knowledge with the World, which led me to start this blog in 2021. I post in-depth how-to guides for FireStick devices & Kodi in a way that is easy to understand for people of all ages. Thanks for stopping by!