Bored of looking at the default Amazon Launcher and looking to spice up your home screen? There’s a new custom Launcher available in the market called FLauncher. In today’s guide, I’ll show you how to install FLauncher on FireStick.
Not only that, but I have also included a user guide. The guide will work for nearly all Amazon Fire TV & Android products.
A launcher essentially displays your home screen, installed apps, app drawer, widgets, etc. We’ve already covered another amazing launcher, Wolf Launcher on this website that you can try as well.
FLauncher is a customizable and versatile Launcher for Amazon FireStick. It brings advanced features to enhance your home screen. Above all, this launcher is truly user-friendly, providing you with an easy way for you to change the look of your FireStick.
I think we can all agree that the default FireStick launcher is rather generic-looking. It lacks customization options and you can’t change its appearance even a little.
Whether you are looking to completely overhaul your home screen or want a faster, cleaner launcher, FLauncher is the answer.
FLauncher is one of the best custom launchers available for FireStick and Fire TVs.
Is FLauncher Worth Installing on Firestick?
Yes! FLauncher provides loads of customization options, allowing you to say goodbye to the basic FireStick home-screen design.
You can even customize background wallpaper with this Launcher, which isn’t possible with the default launcher.
This launcher will also remove banners and apps sponsored by Amazon from the home screen.
Another great perk is that it will help you save a significant amount of data by not fetching sponsored ads, thumbnails, videos, etc.
Note: If for any reason you decide to go back to the default Amazon Launcher and get rid of FLauncher, refrain from uninstalling it directly it as can cause your device to malfunction. I have provided the instruction in the How to Uninstall FLauncher section.
How to install FLauncher on FireStick
FLauncher can’t be installed directly from the Appstore available on Amazon. We have to install it manually.
Please go through the steps given below to get FLauncher on FireStick:
1. Install the Downloader App
In order to download third-party apps, we need a sideloading app named Downloader. Luckily, you can get it on the FireStick Appstore.
Please check our main guide on How to Install Downloader on FireStick
Here are the steps you need to follow:
1. Head over to the Find icon on your FireStick Home screen
2. Now, click Search
3. With the help of the on-screen keyboard or Alexa voice command, look for Downloader. Click Downloader in the search results list.
4. Select Downloader app’s icon
5. Go ahead and choose Get or Download
6. Wait while FireStick installs the app
7. Select Open.
8. Downloader will now ask for access authorization to your Firestick device. Click Allow.
9. Click OK on the Quick Start Guide popup.
2. Enable Install Unknown Apps
Now, to install third-party apps, we are going to enable Install Unknown apps feature within the FireStick setting. Here are the steps:
1. Now, you need to go back to the FireStick home screen and then, hit the Gear Icon (Settings)
2. Go to My Fire TV
3. Here, select Developer Options.
💡Note: Can’t find Developer Options? Go to: Settings > My Fire TV > About. Repeatedly select the first menu item 7 times. The message "No need, you are already a developer" will appear. Go back to the My Fire TV menu to find the newly revealed "Developer Options". Check out our guide with screenshots and video tutorial: How to Unhide/Reveal Developer Options.
4. Click Install unknown apps
Note: If you happen to see the option Apps from Unknown Sources. Go ahead and click it and then select Turn On. Ignore the below step.
5. Select Downloader to turn it ON
3. Install Launch on Boot
First, we need to install the Launch on Boot. Here’s how:
1. Hold down Home Button on FireStick Remote for a couple of seconds. Select Apps
2. Open Downloader app
3. When you are on the home screen of Downloader app, click Enter a URL or search term box
4. Enter the URL for Launch on Boot:
Alternatively, you may enter the Downloader code for Launch on Boot: 392765
5. Click DOWNLOAD NOW.
6. Download will start shortly.
7. Click INSTALL
7. Wait while the app installs
8. Click DONE
9. Click Delete
10. Choose Delete again
4. Install FLauncher on FireStick
Now our final step is to install FLauncher on FireStick. Let’s go:
1. Open Downloader app again and enter the URL for FLauncher:
Alternatively, you may enter the Downloader code for FLauncher: 838186
4. Wait for the downloading process to begin and finish. It shouldn’t take any more than 2 minutes.
5. Click INSTALL
6. Wait while the app is installed
7. Click DONE and the installation wizard will close
8. If you’d like to delete the FLauncher APK file, you may do so by clicking Delete. It will free up some storage space on your device.
9. Click Delete once more
Awesome! FLauncher is now successfully installed on your Amazon FireStick.
How to Set up /use FLauncher on FireStick
Let’s open the FLauncher app that we installed. This is how you do it:
1. Press and hold FireStick Remote’s Home Button for 5 seconds or until the following menu pops up. Select Apps
2. Open Launch on Boot
Scroll through the welcome messages.
Then, click Get Started.
The below page will open up.
Now enable the toggle for Enabled and Launch when device wakes up? Then, click SELECT APP.
Scroll down and select FLauncher.
FLauncher app will open. You will see all your installed apps on the screen. And yes- there are no ads! Here is the main screen of FLauncher on FireStick:
💡Quick Tip: DO NOT press the Home Button on your FireStick Remote to navigate Wolf Launcher interface. Doing this will take you back to the Default Amazon Launcher. Use the Back Button on the Remote instead. If, any time, you end up going back the default Amazon launcher, navigate to your installed apps list and click the Wolf Launcher icon to launch it.
The FLauncher is very easy to navigate and user-friendly
If you click on the Gear Icon on the top right corner, you will find the below options:
- Applications – It displays all your installed apps
- Categories – There are two categories: Non-TV applications & TV Applications.
The settings icon also allows you to tweak some things within these
- Wallpaper – Change your wallpaper here. The detailed instructions are provided in the next section
- Android Settings – It takes you to your regular FireStick Settings.
- And a few other features like Crash reporting, Analytics reporting, etc.
How to Change FLauncher Wallpaper
Here’s how you can change the wallpaper on Wolf launcher:
1. Go to the Gear Icon on FLauncher home screen
2. Click Wallpaper
3. You will see 3 options: Unsplash, Gradient, Custom
You may choose any option from here. To add custom wallpaper, you can download wallpapers of your choice first from wallpapercave.com or use your own pictures
How to remove FLauncher and Go Back to the Stock Launcher Permanently?
Now, if you wish to go back to the default launcher, refrain from uninstalling the FLauncher app directly. This can lead your device to malfunction. Instead, follow the steps below to disable the custom launcher first:
1. Open Launch on Boot app
2. Disable the toggle for Enabled and Launch when device wakes up?
Now you can go ahead and uninstall Flauncher if you wish.
If the default FireStick interface has started to feel boring to you, you can try the FLauncher. It also removes the sponsored banners and ads cluttering your device’s home screen.
Should you have any questions, do drop them in the comments section below.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is installing a custom launcher safe?
Installing a custom launcher such as FLauncher should not harm your device. However, TOPTVTIPS.COM can’t guarantee complete safety as it’s a third-party launcher.
Is installing a custom launcher legal?
Using a custom launcher like FLauncher should not bring about any legal issues. In any case, we recommend using a VPN to keep yourself safe from online threats.
Hi, I am Alyssa! I am a tech enthusiast and a blogger. I have been using Kodi and FireStick since 2016. I wanted to share my latest tech discoveries and knowledge with the World, which led me to start this blog in 2021. I post in-depth how-to guides for FireStick devices & Kodi in a way that is easy to understand for people of all ages. Thanks for stopping by!