Today, you will learn to install Unlinked on FireStick. I will also tell you how you can sideload third-party apps using Unlinked. Instructions provided here will work for the complete range of Amazon Fire TV and Android-powered devices.
A few weeks ago, FileLinked went offline due to unknown reasons. To fill this gap, many FileLinked clones have hit the market. FileSynced and AppLinked are the best FileLinked alternatives so far, but now we have a new entrant called Unlinked.
Just like FileLinked, Unlinked allows users to create their own Unlinked codes, which are labeled as libraries.
These libraries have some of the Best FireStick Apps for quick and easy installation. Right now, there are not many codes available for Unlinked as it is still new.
If you are looking for Unlinked codes, check our Best Unlinked Codes guide. We keep updating this guide as more and more codes become available for users.
If Unlinked is not working for you, please visit our Unlinked Not Working Troubleshooting Guide here.
How to install Unlinked on FireStick
I am going to demonstrate the easiest way to get Unlinked on FireStick. This involves installing the Downloader app first. Please follow the steps:
1: Install the Downloader App
Downloader is my go-to side-loading app on FireStick. Here are the steps to install the Downloader on FireStick:
To get detailed info on Downloader, please visit our guide How to install & use Downloader
1. On the FireStick Home screen, select Find
2. Click the Search option just below it
3. Search for Downloader. When you spot Downloader below the on-screen keyboard, scroll down and select it.
4. Click Downloader icon
5. Choose Get or Download
6. When the installation is complete, click Open
7. Provide Downloader necessary access to your device by choosing Allow
8. To close the Quick Start Guide, click OK
2: Enable Install Unknown Apps
Now, we need to prepare the Downloader app to sideload apps. Here’s what we are going to do:
1. Head back to the FireStick home screen and click the Gear Icon (Settings) in the middle menu panel
2. Scroll to the bottom row and open the My Fire TV option
3. Click Developer Options.
💡Note: Can’t find Developer Options? Go to: Settings > My Fire TV > About. Repeatedly select the first menu item 7 times. The message "No need, you are already a developer" will appear. Go back to the My Fire TV menu to find the newly revealed "Developer Options". Check out our guide with screenshots and video tutorial: How to Unhide/Reveal Developer Options.
4. Click Install unknown apps
Note: If your interface shows the Apps from Unknown Sources feature instead, click it. After that, click Turn On. Skip the step after this.
5. Now, enable or turn ON the feature for Downloader (as shown in the image below)
3: Install Unlinked on FireStick
With this done, let’s get started with the installation process of Unlinked on FireStick and Fire TVs. Here are the steps:
1. Hold down the Home Button of the FireStick Remote for 5 seconds. Then, click Apps
2. Scroll down and click Downloader app icon to open it
3. From the Downloader home screen, click the URL Box on the right
4. With the help of the on-screen keyboard, enter:
(This is the official website of Unlinked)
After that, click Go
Note: Instead of the URL, you could also use the Unlinked Downloader Code: 234753
5. Click DOWNLOAD APK Android as shown in the below screenshot.
6. Wait while the Downloader app connects to the Unlinked APK server and downloads the APK file on your FireStick. It will only take a minute or so.
7. After the file is downloaded, Downloader will commence the installation process. Click the INSTALL button
8. Wait while the Unlinked app installs on FireStick. It should be done in less than a minute
9. When you spot the App Installed notification on the screen, it means Unlinked has been successfully installed. Click DONE.
10. Click Delete to remove the APK file as it is no longer useful
11. Click Delete to confirm
Unlinked is now installed on Amazon FireStick. We will learn how to use it in the next section.
How to Use Unlinked on FireStick
To install APKs via Unlinked, we must do the following:
Note: If your FireStick has the Apps from Unknown Sources option, you do not need to do this.
1. Navigate over to FireStick home screen and then go to Settings > My Fire TV > Developer Options > Install unknown apps
2. Click Unlinked once to turn the option ON (like we did for Downloader App earlier)
Now, Unlinked is ready to be used. But first, let’s learn to access Unlinked on FireStick:
1. Hold down FireStick Remote’s Home Button for a few seconds. A menu like below will show up on the screen. Click Apps
2. Navigate to the Unlinked icon and click to launch it
Wait for the app to load. It does not require any special permission
Here is the main screen of Unlinked on FireStick:
The app is pretty minimal and clutter-free. On the home screen, there’s a main menu bar on the left side. It has the following options:
The Settings feature has the below option:
On the right, you will see the Add a new library option. You can choose this option when adding new codes.
Here’s how you can install any app with Unlinked codes:
1. On the Unlinked home screen, click Add A New Library.
Please note that if you have Unlinked codes stored from before, you will have to scroll all the way to the bottom to find this option. It will show up under all the Unlinked Library Codes.
2. On the right, you will see a text cursor above Enter >. Click OK button on your remote to open the on-screen keypad
3. Enter the code. For this example, I am using Unlinked Code: 7cd6a4f1. Then, click Next
For more Unlinked codes, check out our guide on Best Unlinked Codes
4. Then, you will be asked to enter the PIN (if it’s PIN-protected). Enter the Pin for this Code: 911911 Click Next
5. Within a few seconds, the Library will open up listing all the apps available within it
As you can see, there are quite a few apps available here. You can scroll to the right to browse the apps. Click on any app that you would like to install on your device
You can even the search feature within Unlinked codes, it makes searching for apps so much easier.
How to Delete Unlinked Codes from the Library
To delete the Unlinked codes that you don’t want anymore, simply scroll down to that library and hold down the OK/Select button on the Firestick Remote till a pop-up appears. Choose DELETE.
How to Create Unlinked Codes
To create your own Unlinked codes, register on the official website of Unlinked. Once done, you will get an email from Unlinked with further instructions to create codes.
If you are searching for other FileLinked replacements, we recommend trying the following options:
Unlinked is one of the FileLinked alternatives available currently. Though the app has a long way to go before that can be considered as good as FileLinked. But since it’s fairly new, we can cut it some slack as the developers are still working on improving it.
If you have any questions, leave them in the comments section below and we shall get back to you at the earliest.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Unlinked legal?
The apps installed through Unlinked could be distributing copyrighted content. We recommend only watching movies, TV shows, and other content in the public domain.
Is Unlinked safe to use?
Unlinked seems to be a safe App. However, it’s recommended that you use a VPN to protect your data online.
Hi, I am Alyssa! I am a tech enthusiast and a blogger. I have been using Kodi and FireStick since 2016. I wanted to share my latest tech discoveries and knowledge with the World, which led me to start this blog in 2021. I post in-depth how-to guides for FireStick devices & Kodi in a way that is easy to understand for people of all ages. Thanks for stopping by!