In today’s post, I will teach you the steps for installation of MX Player on FireStick. Our Steps can also be used to install MX Player on all the other FireStick variants available.
Note: Don’t confuse this app with the OTT platform app available in countries like India. Both these apps have similar names but the Media Player app is not available in the Amazon App Store. Hence, we will cover the steps to sideload it on FireStick device.
MX Player is one of the most popular media players worldwide. It supports almost all types of audio and video formats and codecs that are commonly used. These include MP4, MP3, MPEG, MOV, AVI, XVID, MKV, and many more. It also has PlayBack Resume feature which lets you resume your video anytime you want.
Most third party apps in our Best FireStick Apps list work flawlessly with MX Player. This app has a beautiful and user-friendly interface. You can also customize your video settings like screen zooming, brightness and audio control, etc. using MX Player.
Let’s not waste any more time and learn how to install MX player on your FireStick right away!
How to install MX Player on FireStick
I have mentioned all the steps for installation of MX Player on your FireStick below. The steps are simple and you can follow them easily to install MX Player on your FireStick device.
1. Install Downloader App
Sadly, MX Player is yet not listed on the Amazon App Store. Hence, we will have to sideload it. You can use any sideloading app but I will use Downloader since it’s easy to handle. And another reason I am using Downloader is because it can be installed from Amazon App Store. Let’s check the steps to install it:
To find out more about Downloader, visit our guide: How to Sideload Apps with Downloader
1. Reach the home screen of FireStick by pressing the Home Button of FireStick Remote.
2. Locate the Find option.
3. Select Search which you can find just below the Find option.
4. Type or voice search Downloader. Select Downloader from the suggestions underneath.
5. Click Downloader.
6. Hit Get. ( If it’s not the first time you are installing Downloader, hit Download )
7. Waiting Time! Let the downloading and installation process to finish.
7. Select Open.
8. Give necessary permissions to Downloader when prompted. You can do that by clicking Allow.
9. Select OK when you see a guide telling you how you can use Downloader.
Note: You will have to do the previous two steps only if you open Downloader for the first time.
2. Turn ON Install Unknown Apps Features
We have to turn on Install Unknown Apps feature since we are installing MX Player from a different source other than Amazon Store. Let’s do it:
1. Head to the home screen of FireStick again. Select Gear Icon.
3. Now, hit My Fire TV
4. Click on the option Developer Options to proceed to the next step.
5. Select Install unknown apps
Note: If you find Apps from Unknown Sources option instead, click Apps from Unknown Sources> Turn ON. Ignore the following step.
6. Ensure you can see ON option for Downloader. If you see OFF, click on Downloader and it will turn ON.
3. Install MX Player on FireStick
Now you can download and install MX Player with the help of Downloader. Let’s check the steps:
1. Hold down the Home Button on your remote of FireStick for a couple of secs. You have to find Apps option on your FireStick and click it.
2. Now, to open Downloader, locate Downloader from the list and click its icon.
3. Select the Enter a URL or Search Term box on the home page of Downloader.
4. Type the Downloader Code for MX Player: 560439
5. You will be redirected to the AFTVnews page briefly
6. Downloader will start downloading MX Player
7. When downloading is complete, select INSTALL
8. Wait! Installation will get completed in a few minutes.
9. Click DONE when the process is complete.
10. I recommend you delete the APK file after installation is complete as it is not useful anymore. Click Delete.
11. Again hit Delete for confirming the same.
How to Use MX Player on FireStick
Accessing MX Player is pretty straightforward. Let’s take a quick look at the app and its features.
First of all, let’s open MX Player app. Here’s how you do it:
1. Press and hold the Home Button of your FireStick Remote till you see Apps option. Click on the afore-mentioned option.
2. Find MX Player icon and click it. Within a few seconds, it will open.
Click Allow to give necessary permission to the app
You can see below the Main Screen of MX Player on FireStick:
You will need Mouse Toggle to navigate the App if you would to play around with the settings and other menus on the top right side.
How to use MX Player with Cinema HD
Now, let’s learn to use MX Player with our favorite streaming Apps/ APKs. Many popular streaming apps supports playing videos with MX Player. One of such popular apps is Cinema HD. Here we will learn how to use MX Player with Cinema HD. These steps are almost similar for other supporting streaming apps.
1. First of all, open Cinema HD on FireStick. If you don’t have Cinema HD yet, visit our How to install Cinema HD guide to install it first.
2. Now, click the Hamburger Menu icon.
3. Go to Settings.
4. Select GENERAL.
5. Hit Choose default player
6. Lastly, choose MX Player from the list of video players shown.
You can now play all the videos listed in Cinema HD with MX Player.
MX Player is an important player to stream videos- be it live video or on-demand-video, on your FireStick device. This app is very popular among FireStick users for streaming videos from their favorite apps. This is because it allows the users to customize the video player settings according to their preference. It supports Subtitle synchronization and you can also manage display settings. This Player supports HW decoder, HW+ decoder and also SW decoder. We recommend downloading this player for streaming audios and videos.
If you run into any other issues while installing MX Player on your FireStick, tell us so that we can help.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is MX Player free app?
MX Player has both free and premium version.
Why can’t I install MX Player on FireStick?
MX player is currently not listed in Amazon App Store. So, you can’t install it from there. You have to install it from a third-party source using a sideloading app. Make sure the link provided for downloading MX Player is valid. You can scroll up on this article to find the Downloader Code for MX player. Don’t forget to read the detailed steps provided here before you start installing it on your FireStick.
Is MX Player on Amazon Fire Stick?
No, MX Player cannot be found on Amazon App Store but you can sideload it on Amazon FireStick.
Hi, I am Alyssa! I am a tech enthusiast and a blogger. I have been using Kodi and FireStick since 2016. I wanted to share my latest tech discoveries and knowledge with the World, which led me to start this blog in 2021. I post in-depth how-to guides for FireStick devices & Kodi in a way that is easy to understand for people of all ages. Thanks for stopping by!