This tutorial is to help you learn the installation procedure of RedBox TV on FireStick. You can use the same steps to install it on all the Fire TV and Android TV variants.
|Amazon FireStick, Android TV, Android Mobiles, Tablets, Chromecast with Google TV, Nvidia Shield, Roku, Mi TV Stick, TiVo Stream 4K
|Type of App
|Sports, News, Movies, TV Shows, Music
|External Video Player Support
RedBox TV is an innovative streaming app for enjoying online live channels from all over the world. You can access Live stream Sports, News, Music, Shows from popular channels with a single click. This app allows viewers to watch channels both in HD and SD video quality. It has more than 1000 TV channels from over 20 different countries including the United Kingdom, United States of America, etc.
RedBox TV has a minimalistic user interface clubbed with smooth navigation controls. It supports a handful of external players including MX Player, Android Player, XYZ Player, 321 Player, VLC Player, etc.
RedBox TV not working? Please check out our list of Best RedBox TV Alternatives.
How to Install RedBox TV on FireStick
RedBox TV can’t be found within the official Amazon App Store. Hence, we are going to have to download it from a third-party source. Here are the steps to get RedBox TV on Amazon Fire TV Stick:
1. Install Downloader App
The Downloader app allows you to install RedBox TV on FireStick smoothly. We can download it from the Amazon App Store.
To read more about Downloader, visit our guide: How to Sideload Apps on FireStick with Downloader.
1. Navigate to the main screen of your FireStick. And then, click Find on the menu bar in the middle.
2. After that, click Search
3. Enter the word Downloader using the on-screen keypad. Once you see Downloader in the quick suggestions underneath, click it.
4. Under Apps & Games, you will find the downloader app and other relevant apps listed. Select Downloader app
5. Choose Get or Download to install Downloader on your device.
6. Once installed, click Open to launch it
7. On Downloader app’s first launch, the app will require certain permissions. Click Allow
8. Click OK when the Quick Start Guide appears
2. Turn ON Install Unknown Apps
Now, it is time to prepare your FireStick for the installation of third-party apps such as RedBox TV. You can do this easily by following the below steps:
1. Return to FireStick home screen. This time, click the Gear Icon on the menu bar
2. Under settings, click My Fire TV
3. Click Developer Options.
4. Then, on the subsequent menu, click Install unknown apps
Note: If the option says Apps from Unknown Sources, choose Apps from Unknown Sources > Turn On. Skip the step below this.
5. Click Downloader and make sure it says ON
3. Install RedBox TV on FireStick
We are going to now download and install RedBox TV using Downloader app. Here are the steps:
1. Hold Down the Home Button on Amazon FireStick Remote for 5 seconds. When you see a menu like below, click Apps
2. Click Downloader app to run it
3. On Downloader’s home screen, click Enter a URL or Search Term
4. Enter the URL for RedBox TV:
This Redbox TV’s official website.
Alternatively, you may the enter the Downloader code for RedBox TV: 73494
And click Go
5. When the website loads, click Download for Android
6. The APK file will download now. The progress bar will appear on the screen
7. Click INSTALL
8. Wait for the installation process to finish
9. When installed, click DONE. This will enable you to delete the APK file
10. Click Delete.
11. When you see the below screen, click Delete to confirm.
Great! You’ve successfully completed the installation of the RedBox TV on FireStick device.
How to use RedBox TV on FireStick
First, let’s learn to open the app. Here’s how you can access RedBox TV on Firestick:
1. Press down your FireStick remote’s Home button until you see this below screen
2. Select Apps tab from the options.
3. Click the icon of RedBox TV to start it.
Then, click OK to close the Changelog.
The next page gives you an option to remove ads in return for sharing idle resources with brightdata.com. Select either Keep ads or Remove ads. Then click Start using the app.
We have shown the homepage of RedBox TV on FireStick below:
Overview of RedBox TV APK:
When we open RedBox TV, we will see all the channels of the Sports genre listed below. You can toggle between the Channel Genres by just clicking the respective tabs. Some of the Channel Genres are Science, Kids, Sports, Fav, USA, UK, Indian, Arabic, etc. The Top Bar has three options- one on the extreme left and two on the extreme right. The Search Icon and Settings option are placed on the extreme top right corner whereas the Hamburger Menu is on the left corner.
Search any Channels by clicking on the Search Icon. The Settings section has Lock Settings, Favourite Tab, Hide Categories, Video Player, and Ad Deactivated options.
Favourite any of the listed tabs in RedBox TV using Favourite Tab option to access it faster. The Hide Categories option is to hide any category you don’t want to see.
Choose whether to share your resources with brightdata.com for ad-free video playing using Ad Deactivated option. The Video Player option is to set a default video player for playing videos.
You can change Video Player from the Settings. I recommend using MX Player. Following are the choices:
The All Channels section shows all the Channels available on RedBox TV. The Remove Ads option and Ad Deactivated option have a similar function.
Cable TV charges are increasing day-by-day but your income might not. Moreover, cable TV only has a few live channels option. Worry not! You can switch to RedBox TV with no extra subscription fees. This app has thousands of channels lined up for you with genre-based categorization to let you find your channel effortlessly. We think it’s an app worthy to be installed on your FireStick device.
Well, this ends our tutorial for today. Don’t forget to submit your feedback below.
Hi, I am Alyssa! I am a tech enthusiast and a blogger. I have been using Kodi and FireStick since 2016. I wanted to share my latest tech discoveries and knowledge with the World, which led me to start this blog in 2021. I post in-depth how-to guides for FireStick devices & Kodi in a way that is easy to understand for people of all ages. Thanks for stopping by!