OTT Navigator is an IPTV Player, which has become a fan favorite within a short time. This is a step-by-step guide on how to install & use OTT Navigator on FireStick. I will show you how you can get the premium modded version of the APK in this guide.
You can also install this app on devices like Android, PC, Smart TV, and more.
OTT Navigator is an IPTV Media Player that allows you to watch content from your IPTV providers. It doesn’t have any content of its own.
M3U URLs, Playlists, XML, and other formats are supported by the OTT Navigator app. You can stream content such as live TV channels, movies, TV shows, and more with this app.
It has a simple and user-friendly interface.
You can customize the app to your liking. The app provides tons of settings and features that you can tweak.
Facing Buffering on OTT Navigator? Then, please head over to our guide: How to Fix Buffering on OTT Navigator
How to Install OTT Navigator on FireStick
I’ll show you the simplest way to get modded OTT Navigator premium on FireStick. We are going to use the Unlinked app for this. Please proceed as follows:
1: Install the Downloader App
Since we are using Unlinked to download the OTT navigator, we need to install the Unlinked app first. If you already have the Unlinked app installed, you can skip to 4th part of the installation process directly.
Downloader is my go-to FireStick side-loading app for installing any third-party app. The following are the steps for installing the Downloader on FireStick:
Downloader Full Guide: How to Install & Use Downloader App
1. Choose Find from the FireStick Home screen.
2. Just below it, select the Search option.
3. Search the term: Downloader. Scroll down and select Downloader when you see it below the on-screen keyboard.
4. Select the Downloader icon.
5. Select Get or Download.
6. When the installation is finished, click Open and grant Downloader access to your device by selecting Allow.
7. Click OK to close the Quick Start Guide.
2: Enable Install Unknown Apps
Now we need to get the Downloader app ready to sideload apps. This is what we’re going to do:
1. Return to the FireStick home screen and select the Gear Icon ⚙️ from the middle menu panel.
2. Scroll to the bottom row and select My Fire TV.
3. Navigate to and click Developer Options.
4. Click Install unknown apps.
5. Now, turn ON the option for the Downloader app.
3: Install Unlinked on FireStick
With that out of the way, let’s get Unlinked installed on FireStick. The steps are as follows:
Unlinked Full Guide: How to Install & Use Unlinked App
1. Hold down the FireStick Remote’s Home Button for 5 seconds. Then, select Apps.
2. To open it, scroll down and click the Downloader app icon.
3. Click the URL Box on the right of the Downloader home screen.
4. Enter the following URL using the on-screen keyboard:
The Unlinked Downloader Code: 78223
Then click the Go button.
5. Click Download Android App.
6. Wait for the Downloader app to finish downloading the APK file to your FireStick.
7. Select the INSTALL button.
8. Wait for the Unlinked app to install on your FireStick.
9. Unlinked has been successfully installed if you see the App Installed notification on the screen. Click the DONE button.
10. Click Delete to delete the APK file, which is no longer needed.
11. To confirm, click Delete once more.
4: Install OTT Navigator from Unlinked
To use Unlinked to install APKs, we must do the following:
💡Note: You do not need to do this if your FireStick shows the option Apps from Unknown Sources.
1. Go to the FireStick home screen, then Gear Icon ⚙️ > My Fire TV > Developer Options > Install unknown apps
2. Click Unlinked once to turn ON the feature (like we did for Downloader App earlier)
Now we can use Unlinked to install OTT Navigator on FireStick. Here are the steps:
1. Access the installed apps on your device. Navigate to the Unlinked icon and click to launch it.
2. Click Add a New Library on the Unlinked home screen.
3. Click the input field on the right.
4. Enter the Unlinked Code: 96960000
Then, press the Next button.
5. Click Enter >.
6. The store code will load. Scroll up to select the Search button.
7. Enter ott and click Next
8. You will see search results.
9. Navigate to the search results and click the APK that is suitable for your device. My device is 32-bit, so I am choosing the first one.
10. Click the Download option.
12. Wait for the file to download.
13. Click on the OTT navigator icon again and select Install app.
14. Click INSTALL.
15. Wait for the app to install.
16. Click DONE.
17. You can delete the APK file by holding down the OK/Select button on the remote. And then choose Delete download. The APK file will be deleted.
OTT navigator is now installed on your device. In the following section, we will learn how to use it.
How to Setup OTT Navigator on FireStick
Let’s access the OTT Navigator app and learn how to set up & use OTT Navigator.
Hold down the Home Button on the FireStick Remote for 5 seconds. Then, choose Apps.
Scroll down and click the OTT Navigator icon to open it.
The app opens the Add provider menu when you open it the first time.
Press the Back button on your remote to go back to the OTT navigator’s home page. Here’s how the main screen looks like:
Now let’s set it up:
1. From the OTT Navigator home screen, select Settings.
2. Choose Provider.
3. Choose Add Provider.
4. Select Generic middleware server.
5. Choose MAC Portal.
6. Click on the box next to URL address.
7. Enter the server URL (or the Panel URL in some Playlist files), and click Next. You will find tons of free URL & codes list for MAC portal available on the internet.
8. Then, click APPLY.
9. This time, select the box next to MAC.
10. Delete the existing MAC address. Then, enter the MAC Address from the list and click Next.
11. Click APPLY.
12. Choose APPLY again.
13. After the channels have loaded, select Close.
💡Note: If the channels do not load, use the Stalker Portal option instead of MAC portal.
14. Select RETURN.
15. Click the Back button on your remote and you will be on the home screen.
16. You will now see 3 Categories on the screen : Live stream, TV Guide, & Media library. You can explore each one of them.
This is the Live stream screen. You can scroll to the right to explore categories.
TV Guide screen:
Media library screen:
How to Customize OTT Navigator version (Premium-modded Version)
Let’s see how you can customize the OTT navigator app.
Change The Background Wallpaper
Here are the steps to change the background wallpaper:
1. Go to Settings
2. Go to Visual style.
3. Select Background image (wallpaper)
4. Here you have a few different options:
- No – No wallpaper
- Random choice – selects a random one from the gallery. This is selected by default.
- URL address – You could copy the URL from one of the free wallpaper websites, or upload the image on the cloud (eg. Dropbox) and then copy the link from there.
- Select from gallery – There are hundreds of wallpapers you can select from the gallery.
Change Color Palette Scheme
Here are the steps to change the color palette scheme:
1. Go to Settings.
2. Click Color palette scheme
3. There are quite a few different options to choose from. Doing this will change the color of the TV guide when you highlight one of the icons.
Show The Selected Channel Preview
Here are the steps to show the selected channel preview when on the TV guide.
1. Go to Settings >List settings
2. Tick the option Show selected video preview in the description.
You can also enable the audio by selecting the option Enable sound in video preview in description.
Customizing the TV guide
You can also change how the TV guide is displayed. Here are the steps to try out the different options:
1. Navigate to Settings > List Settings > How lists should be displayed.
2. Then, go to List Settings >Select sort order.
3. Select Sort channels by.
4. There are a few different options available. The name (favorites first, then alphabetically) option offers the easiest navigation, in my opinion. You can try other options if you like.
Customizing Player Interface
Here are the steps to customizing the player interface.
1. Go to the Settings > Player interface
2. Tick the option Do not show buffering status. It offers you a cleaner experience while a channel loads.
Here’s what you can tweak in the Player settings:
1. Go to Settings > Player
2. The Delay before quick-switching channels option lets you increase or decrease the amount of time in seconds it takes for the channel to switch when using this function.
EPG in OTT Navigator
Some playlists do not include an EPG, but many do. Sometimes, even after adding a playlist, the EPG does not load. If this happens, do the following:
1. Go to Settings > EPG teleguide
2. Select Reload EPG teleguide…
3. A status bar will appear onscreen with the progress.
If you want to add EPGs, you can add the ones provided on GitHub.
EPG URLs can be found at the website: https://github.com/iptv-org/epg
Alternative website for the United States and Canada: https://www.tvtv.us
Visit the website and find the EPG URL that you want to add.
Here are the steps to add EPG in OTT Navigator:
1. Go to Settings > Provider > Select the provider you want to add the EPG to
2. Select Provider properties
3. Then, scroll all the way to the bottom. You’ll see option to add 5 EPG sources.
4. Select EPG source 1, for example.
5. Select what looks like a refresh icon on the far right. This will bring up all the EPG sources you’ve previously added.
Backup & Restore
Under Extended settings, you can Backup current data & restore it later.
1. Go to Extended settings.
2. Then, select, Backup & restore.
3. Click Backup current configuration if you wish to back up the current settings.
Here’s how you can filter out the categories or countries you don’t want to appear in the playlist:
1. Go to Settings > Extended settings
2. Select Manage channels
3. Now click Visible entities, remove from the list
4. You can choose which ones you’d like to remove or keep.
User Experience Level
Enabling the user experience level to expert will give you some extra features. Here are the steps to do that.
1. Go to Settings > Extended Settings
2. Select User experience level.
3. Select Expert mode. Normal mode is selected by default.
Disable Reuse Cache
I recommend disabling reuse cache for quick app start from the previous launch option as this can work incorrectly for some providers.
Here are the steps:
1. Settings > Extended Settings > Provider Settings
2. Untick Reuse cache for quick app start from the previous launch option.
After applying these changes, an app restart may be required for them to take effect.
Is Using OTT Navigator Legal?
OTT Navigator app itself is legal. You can also download OTT Navigator from the Google Play Store. But if the IPTV service you integrated within OTT Navigator isn’t legal to use in your region, it’d be considered illegal to stream via OTT Navigator. The IPTV service may not have proper licensing to distribute content.
So, before you start streaming with OTT Navigator, please keep in mind that everything you stream online can be seen by the Government through your Internet Service Provider. Now, if you end up streaming copyrighted TV shows, Movies, Sports, or Live TV (knowingly or unknowingly) through OTT Navigator, you could get tangled in serious legal issues.
We do not condone or endorse streaming illegal/copyrighted content. However, it’s not always easy to tell difference between legal and illegal content sources online. Fortunately, you can hide your online activity with the help of a reliable VPN service.
A good FireStick VPN will mask your original identifying IP Address. It will also help you bypass geo-restrictions & ISP throttling, which will allow you to stream everything without buffering.
I use ExpressVPN and recommend it to my friends & family. It offers blazing fast speed and utmost security online. It also has a zero-logs policy and dedicated apps for all kinds of devices and platforms including FireStick and Fire TVs.
ExpressVPN also offers 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee (no questions asked), although we don’t think you’ll ever want one.
Here’s how you can set up ExpressVPN on Firestick:
1. First of all, sign Up for ExpressVPN HERE
2. Navigate to the Find Icon on your FireStick home screen.
3. Now, go to the Search option
4. Enter the word ExpressVPN using the onscreen keypad and select it from the Search results.
5. Now, click the ExpressVPN icon under Apps & Games section
6. Click on Get /Download and wait for it to install on your FireStick
7. Click Open to launch the ExpressVPN app
8. Enter your login credentials that you used when you registered for ExpressVPN. And click Sign In
9. Choose a server location of your choice and click the Power Icon to connect to the server.
Once connected, your IP address will change automatically. Meaning, your Internet activities are now anonymous and anything you stream on this FireStick device is safe from the prying eyes. It will also unblock geo-restricted content.
For detailed review & installation process, read our guide: ExpressVPN Review: Installation & How-to Use
How to Delete a Provider from OTT Navigator on FireStick
If you’d like to delete an existing Playlist, you can do that. This is especially useful if you are using a free version and cannot have more than one playlist. I will also show you how you can add a new Playlist.
1. From OTT Navigator’s main screen, go to Settings> ADD PROVIDER
2. Select the playlist you wish to delete.
3. Scroll down and select Delete.
4. Click Delete again to confirm.
Wrapping Up – OTT Navigator on FireStick
OTT Navigator is a great IPTV player for streaming content via Playlists or M3U URLs. It has a variety of unique features that can be used to improve your streaming experience.
If you run into any problems, please leave a comment so we can assist you.
- How to Fix Buffering on OTT Navigator
- How to Install Tivimate on FireStick
- How to Install Ludio Player on FireStick
- How to Install Kshaw on FireStick
Hi, I am Alyssa! I am a tech enthusiast and a blogger. I have been using Kodi and FireStick since 2016. I wanted to share my latest tech discoveries and knowledge with the World, which led me to start this blog in 2021. I post in-depth how-to guides for FireStick devices & Kodi in a way that is easy to understand for people of all ages. Thanks for stopping by!