TiviMate has become extremely popular among streamers within a short time. This is a step-by-step guide on how to install and set up TiviMate on FireStick.
I will show you how you can use both the free version, as well as the premium version.
TiviMate is an IPTV player and does not contain any content of its own. To access content through TiviMate, you must integrate third-party IPTV services using M3U links, Xtream codes, or Stalker Portal (more on them below).
TiviMate also has a premium version. The free version doesn’t have a lot to offer. It allows you to create only one playlist. You also can’t do any editing, such as adding EPGs, adding favorites to your channel guide, editing the EPG on the channel guide, and many other things that the premium version allows you to do.
I recommend getting a paid subscription to enjoy TiviMate to its full potential. It costs only $7.99 a year or $24.99 for a lifetime and is well worth the price. I have provided the benefits, prices, and how to use the pro version further down below.
First, we are going to install TiviMate on FireStick, and then we’ll integrate an IPTV service to activate the player’s capabilities.
How to Install TiviMate on FireStick
I’ll now demonstrate how to install TiviMate on FireStick. To make it easier to follow, I’ve divided the installation into three parts.
1. Install the Downloader App
TiviMate will be downloaded and installed on FireStick using the Downloader app. First, we’ll get the Downloader app from the Amazon Appstore:
Downloader Full Guide: How to Install & Use Downloader App
1. From the FireStick home screen, go to Find.
2. Scroll to the bottom and press the Search button.
3. Search for Downloader by typing it in or by giving a voice command to Alexa. The Downloader term should appear beneath the virtual keypad. Scroll down and click on it.
4. Click the Downloader icon. It should be listed under Apps & Games.
5. Choose Get or Download. (Whichever option you see)
6. The installation process will start soon. Wait for it to be completed.
7. Select Open.
8. When the Downloader app opens, it will request permission to access the files on your device. Select Allow.
9. Then, on the Quick Start Guide, hit the OK button.
2. Enable Install Unknown Apps
To install third-party apps on FireStick, first, enable the setting to install Apps from third-party sources. These are the steps:
1. Return to the FireStick Home screen and select the Gear Icon (Settings) on the middle right.
2. You will see several options on the screen. Select My Fire TV.
3. Scroll down to Developer options and select it.
4. Click the Install unknown apps button.
5. The status will change to ON when you click on the Downloader app.
3. Install TiviMate APK on FireStick
It’s time to install the TiviMate APK on your Fire TV/FireStick using the Downloader app. Here’s how it’s done:
1. Press and hold the Home Button on your Amazon FireStick Remote for 5 seconds. From the shortcut menu, choose Apps.
2. Find and open the Downloader app.
3. On the Downloader app’s home screen, select the field: Enter a URL or Search Term.
4. Enter the TiviMate Downloader Code here:
Click the Go button.
5. Wait for the APK file to be downloaded onto FireStick.
6. Click INSTALL.
7. It is currently being installed. Wait for the process to finish.
8. After that, click DONE.
9. Click Delete to remove the APK file. The APK file is no longer necessary, you might as well free up some storage space on your FireStick.
10. To confirm the deletion, click Delete once more.
How to Use TiviMate on FireStick
Start the TiviMate app we just installed. Follow these steps:
Hold down the Home Button on your Amazon FireStick Remote for a few seconds before releasing it. Select Apps.
Then, locate and launch TiviMate APK.
When you first launch it, it will prompt you to create a playlist. Select Add playlist.
After that, a screen will appear with three options: M3U playlist, Xtream Codes, and Stalker Portal.
I will demonstrate how you can use the M3U playlist & Stalker Portal in the guide.
NOTE: Some users have had trouble connecting to TiviMate when VPN was enabled. I didn’t face any such issue. If you are unable to connect, please turn off your VPN while connecting IPTV to Tivimate. Once that is done, you can enable the VPN back again to ensure safe streaming.
M3U Playlist Method
In this setup, we will use the M3U playlist method. Check out the steps:
1. After selecting Add Playlist, select the M3U playlist.
2. Select Enter URL.
3. When you buy an IPTV Service, they will email you required information, along with an M3U URL. It looks something like:
If your username and password isn’t in the M3U URL, you need enter your username and password.
For this tutorial, we will use the free Samsung TV Plus M3U URL, which provides access to hundreds of free live channels. https://i.mjh.nz/SamsungTVPlus/all.m3u8
4. Select Next.
5. Wait for the Channels to insert.
You will then see the message Playlist is processed, along with the Channel count and your Playlist name.
6. Click Next
7. If the EPG URL does not auto-import, enter it here. Most IPTV services provide a separate M3U URL for your EPG. Click the Done button.
8. You will see this Remote guide on how to navigate the app. Click OK.
9. You can now start watching.
Stalker Portal Method
In this method, we are going to use the Stalker Portal.
There are many stalker portal files available on the internet. Here’s an example:
├●Real ➤ http://mag.you24.online:8080/c/
├●Panel ➤ http://tv.voodooiptv.idns.live:8080/c/
├●Mac ➤ 00:1a:79:4a:7a:1c
╰─●Exp ➤ August 29, 2022, 11:43 am 27 Days
Let’s take a look at the steps:
1. Click Stalker Portal.
2. Click Server Address.
3. You will enter the URL (In the example above, the URL is listed after Panel) into the Server Address field. Click Next.
4. Click Next again to return to your previous location.
5. Now, go to the MAC address, and click on it. Clear the existing address because this one will not work. Add the MAC address from the installation file. Click Next.
6. Clicking Next again will return you to your previous location.
7. Now, on the right, click Next.
8. On the left side, it should say Processing.
9. Once completed, it will display the number of Channels, Movies, and TV Shows that have been loaded.
If the processing fails and no channels are loaded, go back and try another MAC address from your list. If Mac addresses from one list won’t work, try a different list from a different server.
After the playlist loads, click Done, wait for it to finish, and voila!
Overview of Tivimate App
From the Tivimate home screen with the channel guide, navigate to the left and a menu will appear, from which you can select Search, TV, Movies, TV shows, Recordings, Settings, and so on. Each of these sub-menu has countless features that you can tweak to personalize it to your liking.
The one in the middle allows you to select which group your channel guide displays. However, the free version only allows you to watch live TV and does not allow you to watch movies or TV shows.
You can log in for additional benefits if you purchase the premium option through the TiviMate Companion app. See the instructions below.
How to Get TiviMate Premium Version
To get the TiviMate premium version, you need to install TiviMate Companion from the Google Playstore first. You will an android device for this, it’s not available on Apple Appstore. You can also access Google Play Store on a PC via BlueStacks.
It costs only $7.99 a year or $24.99 a lifetime. You also get a free trial for 7 days. I recommend getting the one-year subscription as these services can go out of business at any time. But if you are okay with taking a risk, you can go for the lifetime subscription, which will be much cheaper in the long run.
Here are some of the benefits of TiviMate premium version:
- Create as many playlists as you wish
- Scheduled recordings
- Add favorites to your channel guide. You can add channels from multiple playlists.
- Change the name of your playlists (to make them easier to remember)
- Add other EPG sources
- Edit EPG sources
- Set your catch-up days
- Manage groups (you can also hide them)
- Schedule playlists update
- Set the number of days to keep your EPG (useful if you use the catch-up option), and the frequency with which the EPGs update.
- You can also move the channels up and down and arrange them however you want.
Steps to download TiviMate Companion app and get the pro version:
1. Open Google Play Store
2. Enter TiviMate Companion in the search box.
3. Select Install
4. The app will download and Install on your device. Give it some time.
5. Click Open.
6. Click Account
7. Select Sign up
8. Enter the username and password of your choice and click Create account.
9. Choose the subscription you wish to buy.
10. Complete the payment to buy the premium version.
Steps to Login to the premium version on your FireStick:
1. Go to TiviMate Settings
2. Select Unlock Premium
3. Click Next.
4. Select Account.
5. Enter username and password for Tivimate and select Log in.
6. Select the device name and click the Activate button.
7. Select OK.
That’s all! Once logged in, you will have access to TiviMate’s premium features.
Is Using TiviMate Legal?
TiviMate app itself is legal. As you have seen, you can also buy its subscription from Google Play Store. But if the IPTV service you integrated within TiviMate isn’t legal to use in your region, it’d be considered illegal to stream via TiviMate. The IPTV service may not have proper licensing to distribute content.
So, before you start streaming with TiviMate, please keep in mind that everything you stream online can be seen by the Government through your Internet Service Provider. Now, if you end up streaming copyrighted TV shows, Movies, Sports, or Live TV (knowingly or unknowingly) through Tivimate, you could get tangled in serious legal issues.
We do not condone or endorse streaming illegal/copyrighted content. However, it’s not always easy to tell difference between legal and illegal content sources online. Fortunately, you can hide your online activity with the help of a reliable VPN service.
A good FireStick VPN will mask your original identifying IP Address. It will also help you bypass geo-restrictions & ISP throttling, which will allow you to stream everything without buffering.
I use ExpressVPN and recommend it to my friends & family. It offers blazing fast speed and utmost security online. It also has a zero-logs policy and dedicated apps for all kinds of devices and platforms including FireStick and Fire TVs.
ExpressVPN also offers 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee (no questions asked), although we don’t think you’ll ever want one.
Here’s how you can set up ExpressVPN on Firestick:
1. First of all, sign Up for ExpressVPN HERE
2. Navigate to the Find Icon on your FireStick home screen.
3. Now, go to the Search option
4. Enter the word ExpressVPN using the onscreen keypad and select it from the Search results.
5. Now, click the ExpressVPN icon under Apps & Games section
6. Click on Get /Download and wait for it to install on your FireStick
7. Click Open to launch the ExpressVPN app
8. Enter your login credentials that you used when you registered for ExpressVPN. And click Sign In
9. Choose a server location of your choice and click the Power Icon to connect to the server.
Once connected, your IP address will change automatically. Meaning, your Internet activities are now anonymous and anything you stream on this FireStick device is safe from the prying eyes. It will also unblock geo-restricted content.
For detailed review & installation process, read our guide: ExpressVPN Review: Installation & How-to Use
How to Delete a Playlist & Add a New Playlist on TiviMate
If you’d like to delete an existing Playlist, you can do that. This is especially useful if you are using a free version and cannot have more than one playlist. I will also show you how you can add a new Playlist.
1. Open TiviMate.
2. Scroll to the left and then, go to Settings.
3. Select Playlists.
4. Select the playlist you wish to delete.
5. Scroll down and select Delete playlist.
6. Click Delete again to confirm.
7. You will be taken back to the Playlists menu. Now, you can click Add playlist option to add a new playlist.
EPGs in TiviMate
If you are having problems with your EPG in TiviMate, there are several things you can do. When you first add a new playlist to the premium edition, it may take up to 30 minutes for the EPG to load.
To get the EPG to load, you may need to force stop and restart TiviMate. If that doesn’t work, proceed to the solutions given below.
1. Add EPG sources. To add EPGs, go to Settings>EPG>add sources.
EPG URLs can be found at the website: https://github.com/iptv-org/epg
Alternative website for the United States and Canada: https://www.tvtv.us
Visit the website and find the EPG URL that you want to add.
2. Set your EPG to update every 2 hours, and set the past days to 2 or 3.
3. Return to settings/playlist and select the playlist to which you want to assign EPG sources. Scroll down to EPG sources and assign or unassign your EPG sources.
You can have multiple sources or just one. It’s best to assign all available EPGs to all playlists; sometimes an EPG from one playlist will work on another.
4. If most of your EPG is working on your channel guide but a few channels are missing, click on that channel and hold down the select button until a menu appears on the right side, then scroll down to assign EPG and select a different EPG for that channel. It should be noted that TiviMate will only allow EPGs that have been assigned to the playlist that the channel is in.
5. If the timing on the EPG is off, i.e., one hour ahead or one hour behind, go to Settings>EPG and click on the EPG that is off to offset the time so it matches your time zone.
6. You can do the same thing for each channel by going to it and holding down the select button until a menu appears on the right, then scrolling down to channel options, then down to EPG time offset.
7. If none of this resolves your EPG issue, your player is most likely malfunctioning. TiviMate will likely address this in their next update.
Back up your data by going to Settings>General>Backup data. (Remember this a premium feature)
Then uninstall and reinstall TiviMate. Log in again and restore from the backup. This will restore all of your previous settings, playlists, and EPGs. Your EPG should now be operational.
TiviMate on Multiple Devices
If you wish to use TiviMate on multiple devices, you can copy the same settings and playlists on multiple devices from one device. This means you just have to setup TiviMate on one device and just restore the settings in other devices. It will save you a lot of time.
For this, you will need an OTG cable and a flash drive. You can get them from Amazon. I have linked them below, however you can buy any OTG cable and flash drive of your choice.
Here are the steps to replicate the same settings and playlists on multiple devices.:
1. Insert them on your primary Streaming device, and then format the flash drive for external storage.
2. Remove the flash drive and insert it into a computer.
3. Create a backup folder.
4. Configure your primary streaming device the way you want it.
5. Make sure you’re running the most recent version of TiviMate on all your devices.
6. Then, in the backup folder you created, backup your data to the flash drive.
7. Remove the OTG cable and flash drive from your main device and place them in your other devices. Restore data from your backup.
This saves you a lot of time. You won’t need to add playlists separately on each device. And let’s face it adding those playlists can be time-consuming.
I hope you were able to set up TiviMate on your FireStick device. If you run into any problems, please leave a comment letting us the step you’re stuck on so we can assist you.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is TiviMate IPTV player free?
TiviMate IPTV player has both free and premium version. However, many important features are only available in the premium version.
What app is better than TiviMate?
OTT Navigator is yet another IPTV player that can be considered better than TiviMate.
Why is TiviMate not working?
If Tivimate isn’t working, it’s likely that the IPTV subscription that you have linked with Tivimate is not functioning or haven’t been set up correctly. If your Tivimate app is buffering, check out our guide on How to fix TiviMate buffering.
- How to Install & Setup OTT Navigator on FireStick
- Best Live TV Apps for FireStick
- Best FireStick Apps for Movies, Shows, Live TV, & more
- How to Install Ludio IPTV Player
Hi, I am Alyssa! I am a tech enthusiast and a blogger. I have been using Kodi and FireStick since 2016. I wanted to share my latest tech discoveries and knowledge with the World, which led me to start this blog in 2021. I post in-depth how-to guides for FireStick devices & Kodi in a way that is easy to understand for people of all ages. Thanks for stopping by!